Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Off topic forum

Old March 16th, 2010, 09:02 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmccallum View Post
As long as it's not more than 10,000.00 worth, shouldn't need a formal monetary Customs clearance.
$10,000, eh? Lemme count...nope...I think we're safe!

Excellent!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old March 16th, 2010, 03:18 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

I would just like to say thank you very much to everyone who came forward with their cash. It's acts of kindness like this that keeps me coming back to Pets. Well, that and being able to spout off and show off pics of my babies.
Hazel - you are terrific!!!!! Not only are you helping me finish off a collection you are helping growler as well!! Can't ask for more than that!! If I find any of the territories I will let you know. Melinda - I thank you as well. I truly appreciate it. The folks on Pets are the bestest.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old March 16th, 2010, 03:32 PM
Senior Contributor

what does growler need? and Hazel? our territories? which one(s)?
Old March 16th, 2010, 03:42 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

The only US territories I have were USVI and um...dang, I think there was another one...Puerto Rico, maybe? I kept one of each. The other USVI is in 14+'s set. But I'd stopped looking through my spare change for a while, so they might have been crossing my palm without me knowing it. I didn't know there was a DC one, too?

Otherwise, unless growler and 14+ are looking for both a complete D and a complete P, they'll have all the States they're missing as soon as I can get to the post office.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old March 16th, 2010, 03:49 PM
Senior Contributor

alrighty, I thought maybe you were collecting our provinces and territories
Old March 16th, 2010, 04:01 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Nah Melinda. I made the offer but hazel turned me down. Seems they don't like our money down there. j/k!!
If you check the website I posted at the very bottom of the coin set it shows the territories. I also did not know they were doing those until I got the District of Columbia in my change a few weeks back. Very neat.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old March 16th, 2010, 04:06 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinda View Post
alrighty, I thought maybe you were collecting our provinces and territories
Oh, I thought you were talking about the US coins that came out in 2009. Sorry.

But I'm really not a coin collector. I had originally started collecting them for the nieces and nephews, but now they're not interested anymore so I have extras. Normally, though, I'd rather spend coins than save them.

Old April 1st, 2010, 10:50 PM
150% PRO S/N

Hazel, got my coins today!!!!!!!!!!!! Just wanted to say a big thank you for sending them!!!!!!!!! Between you and Melinda I now have all but four of the territories. Won't be long before we get them too!!
Thanks so much hazel!! I really appreciate it!.
Thought I'd add a pic of what I have been working on for a long time now. Almost complete.
Attached Images

Old April 2nd, 2010, 12:15 AM
The Pack's Head Servant

Glad they arrived safely.

Be happy and prosper, little ones!

Old April 2nd, 2010, 06:23 AM
Senior Contributor

so what ones are you missing? I'll watch for them here
Old April 2nd, 2010, 07:19 AM
Senior Contributor

That's quite impressive! I was collecting them for a long time, but I needed them at one point.

I think I might have the booklet I was keeping them in. If I have it I'll send it to you. It keeps them in nice order.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old April 2nd, 2010, 07:22 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

I had all the check-out girls checking quarters for the territories today while I was in town and we didn't come up with a one!!!! I think they've all been collected by Canadians!

I'm sure they'll start turning up eventually--I've noticed a lot of the early series states are starting to surface again--so I'll keep my eyes open.

Old April 2nd, 2010, 11:12 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Thanks Melinda! I still need Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa and Northern Mariana Islands to finish the set. I am ecstatic I have all of the states though. Can't thank you gals enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancientgirl View Post
That's quite impressive! I was collecting them for a long time, but I needed them at one point.

I think I might have the booklet I was keeping them in. If I have it I'll send it to you. It keeps them in nice order.
Yes please!! Would love it! I have them for a few of our sets over the years. It really does help. But I still have lots of loose coins too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
I had all the check-out girls checking quarters for the territories today while I was in town and we didn't come up with a one!!!! I think they've all been collected by Canadians!

I'm sure they'll start turning up eventually--I've noticed a lot of the early series states are starting to surface again--so I'll keep my eyes open.
That's funny!! Poor gals! Did they think you were nuts? I am sure there are lots of Americans collecting as well.

Old April 2nd, 2010, 11:49 PM

Quote:
what does growler need?
Quote:
Thanks Melinda I'm set for the states, Hazel has sent those to me , but I am missing the US Territories:

District of Columbia
Puerto Rico
Guam
American Samoa
US Virgin Islands
Northern Mariana Islands

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old April 3rd, 2010, 12:51 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
Virst ve take your kvarters...zen ve take ZA VORLD!

(Sorry about the Colonel Klink imitation ~ I tried it with an oot and aboot accent but I just didn't the same oomph! )
Old April 3rd, 2010, 09:21 AM
The Pack's Head Servant

A vorlt takofer fie-nanst von You Ess Kvarters!!! Brilliant!!!! Where do I sign up?!

Old April 8th, 2010, 08:52 PM

Hazel my quarters arrived today and be sure to pass along a for HRD for sending them on their way

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old April 8th, 2010, 10:32 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Excellent! I'll pass on the thx!