Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old October 26th, 2009, 07:23 PM
~Cat Servent~

Red face No sooner did I say.....

I went to take out the cat poop tonight and this guy was rummaging what was left of CeCe's treats... at first wouldn't come anywhere near me but then I went in and grabbed some temptations and he was eating right out of my hand! Will make a flyer and call the humane society tomorrow to see if anyone is looking for him, he was starving and meowed and yeowled the whole time he was eating which has been about the last 25 minutes!!! He just settled down on a towel in the cage, no doubt with a very full little belly. Male, for sure not neutered yet, my guess is 5 months old maybe. Too young to be out fending for himself in my neighbourhood anyhow!

I guess I was kinda prepared, although this stinkin condo did NOT want to be put together quickly!!!! He has food, water, litter and a warm quiet place for the night....

Oh and I've been calling him Lucky...as he is kitty #7 in the house for now! NOT THAT HE"S STAYING!!!!
Attached Images

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M

Last edited by krdahmer; October 26th, 2009 at 09:09 PM.
Old October 26th, 2009, 07:29 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Oh, I love his coloring, kr!!! Lucky little guy to be well-fed and warm and at kr's house for at least the night!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old October 26th, 2009, 07:32 PM
~Cat Servent~

I'm gonna have to leave him be for a bit.... he's way too excited, purring and mewoing like crazy.... but he ate so much he keeps looking like he's gonna puke if he purrs any louder! Gonna go watch some tv and let him relax for a while....

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old October 26th, 2009, 08:51 PM
Young at Heart

Oh my but he's sweet! Thank goodness he has a home - oh, sorry - a home for the night Poor little tyke - but again, thank goodness you found him and can help him!
Old October 26th, 2009, 09:00 PM
~Cat Servent~

He seems very very hyper....got so excited when I picked him up, he was purring so hard he couldn't catch his breath and had a bit of foam at the side of his mouth.... I'm dousing myself with hand sanitizer before I go out to my guys... I just hope he's quiet so I can get some sleep for work tomorrow, if it's not busy I'll make some calls from there and take a photo to the HS after.

Old October 26th, 2009, 09:03 PM
Senior Contributor
Typing Test Champion, Curveball Champion, Mahjong Champion, Zookeeper Champion

He's so cute. He's got ragdoll colouring. He sounds like he's acting the same way my Gabby was when she found me a few winters ago. She was around the same age as your guy too. Very talkative and she's the friendliest kitty I have too.

clm
Old October 26th, 2009, 09:08 PM
~Cat Servent~

I may have to sleep in here....lol....he only calms down in the cage if I'm at the computer! He ate about 5oz of Evo kitten food, 1/2 cup of taste of the wild dry and some temptations too....but he keeps trying to lick more out of the bowls....not sure if I should give him more or let him digest this and give him more in the morning? The water is spilled all over the place (well I did have the forethought to put food and water in a larger tupperware container so it's not too messy) and I'm itching like crazy!!!! His little claws are SHARP!!!

Old October 26th, 2009, 09:52 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Oh oh, what have you got yourself into? What is Chase saying? I don't know why but I see a bit of Siamese there. Probably wrong. It's been known to happen.
Good luck hon. Lucky is indeed very lucky to have found you!!

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old October 26th, 2009, 10:40 PM
Sleep..What is that?!?

I love your new kitteh! He is soooo sweet!

As for the food, I would let him digest a bit...he is hungry and won't stop until he pukes...let his empty little tummy rest before more food goes into it

Mom to
Seth - Brown Tabby
Messina - Blonde Tabby
Old October 26th, 2009, 10:58 PM
~Cat Servent~

Thanks guys....I did give him a bit more wet food but watered it down as I imagine he's a wee bit dehydrated too if he's this ravenous for food. I'm hoping to get him settled so I can go to bed soon.

And I can see siamese for sure... this guy talks non-stop!!!!

And I just talked to Chase... he was none too surprised...

Old October 26th, 2009, 11:23 PM
Senior Contributor

He is so sweet!

He is probably talking so much as he is glad to be in a safe warm place...outside must be a very scary place for a kitten. And now he has food and water and a human who is giving him lots of lovin. He is just so happy he is gonna bust! I am so glad he found you!! It will probably take him a while to realize he doesn't have to wolf down his food that he will be able to get more...poor little guy.

My Darby still has to realize she will no longer go hungry as she still over eats and then is sick. :sad:

Debbie

~Tegan 9 year old yellow lab~
~Wilbur 9 year old LH cat~
~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~O'Shawnnessey 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
~Mindy 7 yr old shih tzu~
~Dexter 10yr old Salmon (large goldfish)
Old October 27th, 2009, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
I don't know why but I see a bit of Siamese there. Probably wrong. It's been known to happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by krdahmer View Post
And I can see siamese for sure... this guy talks non-stop!!!!
You're both right there is Siamese in there:

Kr what you've got there is an absolutely adorable Tabby-pointed Snowshoe Cat

Cross between (in this case) a Silver Tabby & a Siamese

http://www.pictures-of-cats.org/snowshoe-cat.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowshoe_(cat)

Most Snowshoes are cross between a Siamese and a bi-coloured American Shorthair so they look similar to the links above, but there are many patterns that develop with different breedings scroll down to the 2nd cat on the page Petite from Pacific Siamese Rescue, she's a Tortie point Snowshoe

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old October 27th, 2009, 05:50 AM

Oh wow, he's just gorgeous!

Caesar (Egyptian Mau/DSH X) - 7 yrs
Sable (Egyptan Mau/DSH X) - 6 yrs
Fluffy (Domestic Long Hair) - 4 yrs
Kali (Calico DSH) - 2 yrs?
Pandora (White Shepherd) - 2 yrs
Loki (Caucasian Ovcharka) - 7 mths
Angelique (Egyptian Mau/DSH X) - November 7, 2002 to May 2008

"We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all.
It's the best deal man has ever made." -M. Acklam
Old October 27th, 2009, 06:50 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Yup, I think Growler is right, you have a beautiful Snowshoe

Uh huh, yup, sure, I bet the kitty is not staying, yup, you keep telling yourself that . me is thinking only if you find the owners, the kitty is not staying

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old October 27th, 2009, 07:28 AM
Senior Contributor

He's gorgeous! Poor little guy, he must have been without food for days if he was so hungry. Good thing you found him. Maybe he has a home and got out somehow.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old October 27th, 2009, 07:48 AM
Senior Contributor

Dahmer,he's beautiful,too me he looks a bit like a Lynx-point X,but it does not really matter.
There must be someone out there looking for him,he came to the right place for sure
If not,he is highly adoptable for sure,beautiful
Old October 27th, 2009, 08:11 AM
~Cat Servent~

Talk about LOUD!!! Holy this little guy has a set of lungs on him....finally had to stuff kleenex in my ears last night to get some sleep! He finally did settle down, but was up again with the sun! Right now he is loving me up something fierce rolling around on the desk here in front of me.... he sure knows what people are.... hope to find him his home today!

Old October 27th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Senior Contributor

What a lucky fella to have found you and a warm place to sleep. I am sure that there must be someone looking for him he is just adorable. Good luck finding his home so you can sleep tonight.
Old October 27th, 2009, 12:19 PM
Catlover2

Thanks to you for taking in this beautiful, starving kitten. I'm sure he will be adopted out very easily because of his handsome looks and loving purrrsonality, and yes Snowshoes are great talkers thanks to that Siamese gene. Yes, he does look like a Snowshoe (if chest and all four feet are white) and his colouring looks to be seal-lynx point (because of the tabby markings on his face, and he should have some on his legs & tail too---hard to see in his photos. A very lovely kitten indeed.
Old October 27th, 2009, 01:31 PM
~Cat Servent~

STINKER!!!! Literally, I'm glad he finally had a go in the box, #1 & #2, a little soft and runny, but par for the course after being outside and then eating like a piggy! But did I ever forget how stinky the young ones are!!!! peeeeeeewwwww! yick! He's sitting on the desk staring out the window, and I went to a local pet store and the HS to leave posters and there is one on my mailbox too. While at the HS though the girl said they have a female that looks just like him that was found not far from here....same age, so my guess is it's someone who got free kittens, then found out how much it is to spay them.... he isn't spraying so I'm grateful for that!

Old October 27th, 2009, 01:37 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Orrrr..... it's someone who figures cats are meant to go outside. Only coming in when the people want to spend a few minutes with them.
Cats are disposable. They can look after themselves. Why do we need to worry about them. They know to stay out of the way of cars. There's lots of mice around. They can catch them for food.
Sorry for the rant m/f. I HATE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And over the stinky poop. Been there....... a few times. He sounds like lots of fun!

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old October 27th, 2009, 01:49 PM
~Cat Servent~

well it was soft and now it is definitely runny...ew he just let one rip again and ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww....talk about stink! I'm gonna call the vet and see if they'll check him for a chip for me....but first I have to see if I can get hubby's cell phone turned back on! BAH!

Old October 27th, 2009, 01:56 PM
~Cat Servent~

well no go with the vet.... so I'll try the rescue.

Old October 27th, 2009, 02:14 PM

Hope you find the owners and they don't let him out again . Cute cat!
Old October 27th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Senior Contributor

Dahmer,he is soo cute,probably makes the same sound as a Siamese and OMD are they loud
Maybe he came from a breeder,not able to sell him and his sister, just dumped them both.
I know someone who has 3 Lynx-Points and they look very much like your boy.
Old October 27th, 2009, 07:39 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Any luck finding a chip, kr?

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old October 27th, 2009, 08:57 PM
~Cat Servent~

heard back from the rescue and will call for a vet appt in the am....let you know when I get home from work tomorrow! On another note....the whole upper level of my house smells like kitten poo!!!!

Old October 27th, 2009, 09:01 PM
150% PRO S/N

Are you going through the same rescue for this guy as you did for KMK? If you manage to get into the vet tomorrow I may see you. I am taking Wheezer and Brownie in late afternoon. But then again, they didn't have a lot of appts left for tomorrow when I called to make this one.
Good luck m/f. I hope they find a chip but I kind of doubt they will. :sad:

Old October 27th, 2009, 11:36 PM
Senior Contributor

what a sweet and beautiful cat. so lucky to have found you to take him in and care for him. good luck in finding his home/new home for him. if i could take one i would love to have him he is such a beauty.

Cats leave pawprints on our hearts forever

Eclipse July 23th 2004
Serena July 23th 2004
Stormy April 20 2007
Zoey RIP March 2006-April 2 2007
Old October 28th, 2009, 10:19 AM
~Cat Servent~

So just got back from the vets.... work is the best, it was this morn or fri for the vet so they said I could come in a bit later today! He is negative for fleas, aids and leukemia....so that's awesome!!! Doesn't appear to have an resp. problems so at least I can sigh with a little relief that nothing scary is lurking for my guys! She thinks the poops are prob due to the high quality food all of a sudden, hard for him to digest after eating whatever he's been eating. So they gave him revolution and a pill for worms just in case, they're checking his poop now and sending it away too. Also she thinks he's about 10 months, so I'm lucky he's not spraying yet!!! He was so good at the vets, but had to go so bad, he pooped all down my sweater and on the floor at the vets....poor guy. Needless to say....I have a whole lot of poopy laundry to do tonight between my sweater and all the towels I've gone through in his cage!

Oh and but we are having a special halloween seniors day tomorrow at work, so we're dressing up....I'm making a 'crazy cat lady' costume like the action figure!!! I think it just suits me this week!!!