Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > In the News - Pet related articles and stories in the press > Newspaper Articles of Interest (animal/pet related) from Around the World

Old October 6th, 2010, 08:02 AM
ZiggyZuzuZoeyRaggzy&Keena

Group aims to centralize animal control-Montreal

Saw this on the news yesterday...so so necessary. Long overdue...

http://montreal.ctv.ca/servlet/an/lo...b=MontrealHome

Ginger and Hobo at the Bridge (Valentine's Day 2011) but NEVER forgotten <3...

"‎I have sent you on a journey to a land free from pain, not because
I did not love you, but because I loved you too much to force
you to stay" ♥ ♥

We do not have to wait for Heaven, to be surrounded by hope, love, and joyfulness.
It is here on earth and has four legs!
Old October 6th, 2010, 08:57 AM
An Honest Contributor
Fishing the Sea Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, KickUps Champion, Jason's Pong Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, Eskiv Champion, Aski Champion, Ping Champion

One centralized system is a brilliant idea
Old October 6th, 2010, 09:37 AM

there obviously need to be one accesable central location, SPCA or other. Right not animals can be picked up on one side of the city and sent to the completely opposite side because there are 2 main shelters (SPCA and Berger Blanc) who fight constantly for contracts on different boroughs. Which means your dog can be picked up and sent to the West or to the East based on where he is picked up in.
The SPCA isn't too bad they have a lost and found website of acquired animals that to can look at ( if you know where to find it) and from what I hear will take your lost reports. But the Berger Blanc is essentially impossible to infiltrate from what I hear.
They are in the East which is more French and if you are English only and god forbid you loose your animal and it's not at the SPCA and you have to cal BB. From complaints I have heard you have to GO to their shelter and it's 2 hours + on public transit. Then you have to get them to help you.

Central system is needed for sure and is way long overdue, I wouldn't want my dog being picked up by a for-profit organization who would rather make $100 selling my dog to a testing facility then giving him back to me for daily boarding costs.
Old October 16th, 2010, 06:06 PM

That will be the day when this is really going to happen!! I guess it is good to dream!! DOES ANYONE IN MONTREAL REALLY THINK THAT OUR FAMOUS BERGER BLANC (A DOG POUND) IS GOING TO GIVE UP ON THEIR CROOCED MONEY MAKING SCHEME, BY DOING GOD KNOWS WHAT???? TO OUR MISSING PETS AND OTHERS, THERE MUST BE SOME MEMBERS OF OUR GOV'T GETTING A PAYBACK AND KEEPING QUIET!!!!! THIS PLACE SHOULD HAVE BEEN CLOSED YEARS AGO !!!! Someone told me that they have guards there, but I don't know if it is true???? WHY WOULD THIS TYPE OF PLACE NEEED GUARDS ?????? This province is a total disgrace, WHEN IT COMES TO POOR ANIMALS!!!!
Old October 26th, 2010, 11:53 AM
Hopelessly devoted 2 dogs

Lightbulb How do we get this movement started???

Centralized Animal Control - BRILLIANT! If only this WOULD happen all across the country. It would be much easier to find our lost "pets" and for the Animal Welfare groups to return the animal to it's rightful owner it's WIN/WIN situation! Also much more efficient for the SPCA, Humane Society's et al who are often overwhelmed bt the number of animals in their care and for this reason many DO get euthanized.