Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog food forum > Cat food forum

Old October 5th, 2004, 10:42 AM

Just a poll - What kind of canned food do you feed your Cat?

I have started feeding Brackley Wellness, and he seems to be enjoying it. I am just wondering what everyone else feeds their cats. Thanks.
Old October 5th, 2004, 11:04 AM

My cats don't really like any canned food, but I did give them some Chicken soup for that cat lovers soul and they ate a little bit, which is better than they did on other kinds.

3 very furry kids -

2 black cats - Pepper and Joey
1 Shih Tzu Puppy - Sophie
Old October 5th, 2004, 03:12 PM
Senior Contributor

Fancy Feast, alternating flavors. She won't eat fish, diced, sliced, or in gravy.
Old October 5th, 2004, 03:36 PM
Senior Contributor

Fancy Feast and Nutro,they scoffed at Wellness...I add a tiny bit of people Tuna to the beef,turkey and liver kind,so they will eat all the varieties+CSFCLS dry 24/7.
3 cats share one small can,twice a day.
Old October 5th, 2004, 04:12 PM

Ditto to Glasslass & Chico's replies. Fancy Feast, the good ol' mushy kind. None of that fancy sliced, shaved stuff that looks too much like real food. CSFCLS? No way! Heaven forbid he should eat something that's actually somewhat good for him!
Old October 5th, 2004, 04:45 PM

I feed wellness too, and my kittens LOVE it. I sometimes give them that Whiskas chunky stuff in gravy that they like a lot.
Old October 5th, 2004, 09:48 PM
~Cat Servent~

Fancy Feast...Grilled Chicken, Whiskas pouches-anything with GRAVY!!! And of course the Wellness dry food 24/7, self feeding.....I tried the better brand wet foods but they are all like mush and my finicky bunch wont have that....they want something that looks and smells like what mommy is eatin! (Of course Buddy wants exactly what I'm eating....while I'm trying to eat it!)

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old October 6th, 2004, 03:05 PM
Crusader

Trixy Kitty get's Natural Balance® Ultra-Premium Canned Cat food
I feed her mainly Natural Balance dry kitty food.. but also feed her the canned stuff.. and human grade sardines! for the protein's,iron,Omega 3s & Omega 6s fatty acids..
Attached Images

Old October 6th, 2004, 03:12 PM
banned user

Whiskas, Fancy Feast, Friskies... they get pretty much any kind of canned food. We were putting it in one bowl for all four of them and it worked fine cause they'd all take turns, but with those pouches (I think the Whiskas) they smack each other if they take too long!
Old October 6th, 2004, 04:08 PM
Senior Contributor

Wow Knight,and you are asking me for advice,little princess Trixie eats like a queen Is natural Balance pate or chopped meat?? My cats will only eat pate.
So far I have always had to go back to Fancy Feast and Nutro,they'll eat nothing else...maybe I'll try Natural Balance too.Nutros canned food looks good enough to put on a cracker
Hubby and I take cod-liver oil capsules in the winter(not sure why,but I do as I am told )Just wondered if it would be good for the cats too?
Oh,and I just LOVE looking of pictures of Sardine-cans Just kidding,maybe I'll buy some.....
Old October 7th, 2004, 10:36 AM
Crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2
Wow Knight,and you are asking me for advice,little princess Trixie eats like a queen Is natural Balance pate or chopped meat?? My cats will only eat pate.
So far I have always had to go back to Fancy Feast and Nutro,they'll eat nothing else...maybe I'll try Natural Balance too.Nutros canned food looks good enough to put on a cracker
Hubby and I take cod-liver oil capsules in the winter(not sure why,but I do as I am told )Just wondered if it would be good for the cats too?
Oh,and I just LOVE looking of pictures of Sardine-cans Just kidding,maybe I'll buy some.....
LOL well i did tell you this same message i posted here in private chat a while back!... yeah she does were you not reading my private messages? i also did say that money is no limit to when it comes to TRiXY...(since food for a pet is Not that much anyways when you got 1 pet lol)
i feed her the dry Natural Balance® Ultra-Premium Dry Cat Food..It's a 6lbs bag..
and like i've said she also get their "canned version"
along with Human grade Sardines and Tuna...
Human canned sardines and tuna is only about 20 to 30 cent's more LOL..
you really should have read my messages sent to you they are far more detailed yes Natural Balance roxx

Wellness is good..just a little over priced 5lbs for $24.99..
Natural Balance 6 lbs $19.99 (prices are Quotes from montreal stores)
gotta feed a 6 month old kitten that's over 2 feet 5 inches long the best....
Attached Images

Old October 7th, 2004, 11:42 AM
Senior Contributor

Her tail is soooooo luxurious! But, you haven't installed a mouse hole for her yet? She looks like she's looking for one!
Old October 7th, 2004, 11:49 AM
Crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasslass
Her tail is soooooo luxurious! But, you haven't installed a mouse hole for her yet? She looks like she's looking for one!
LOL... which reminds me at the rate she's going, i wont have to install one we might just have a hole in the wall.. people with wild cat's knows what i mean! when your kitty goes into hyper mode and run's around banging into everything... it's best to leave the place in a mess and blame it on the Kitty..after all it IS the kitty's well doing!
I still say that Maine coon's get their name because of their Racoon Appearance like Tail...
This Picture is dedicated to you Glasslass
Attached Images

Old October 8th, 2004, 07:19 AM
Senior Contributor

Knighty,of course I read ALL my Pm's..and I did think of Natural Balance,just had not seen it on the shelves,or maybe it was $2/can and I ignored it
Having 3 cats I have a limit...right now Chico and Rocky are turning their noses at anything that is not fishy and Vinnie wants to eat all three dishes
Currently my 4 crows are eating very well!!(they get all my left-overs!)
I'm stocking up on cat-food today and I'll try Natural Balance,might even get a couple of cans of sardines....how do you feed Trixie sardines???Mix it with her food?
Hubby is getting a bit concerned,seing he's taking early retirement next year..between big bags of birdseeds,peanuts(for my FiFi and others)and 3 cats,he might have to work a few more years
Oh and I forgot my coons and they do have a beautiful tail..as does our Trixie!
Old October 8th, 2004, 10:46 AM
Crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2
how do you feed Trixie sardines???Mix it with her food?
Yup but mixed it in their wet food since you're starting out with it! make sure to only add 1/2 a sardine.. it's gonna be really fishy smelling.. trixy loves it! also dont forget you can also use Tuna...

as for Natural balance's canned lol.. yes i agree prices on em are a tad high!
but the Dry food is great SO healthy!

One thing i'm crazy about is Kitty food...

| | | | | | |
dont i wish?
V V V V V V
Menu treat.
Roast Liver in turkey gravy! ...humm even i, a veggie find that sounds yummy LOL*
Old October 8th, 2004, 11:33 AM
~Cat Servent~

You know in that last picture...Trixy's marking look a lot like Smoke's....

And I'm with you Chico, at 3 you have to be a little wary of pricy foods!

And....as for fish around here, the girls hate it (Windy will eat salmon once in a blue moon) and they are all getting so finicky. Windy and Smoke only like that grilled chicken fancy feast and Buddy also enjoys finishing everyone's breakfast (even mine of im not careful!) so he gets fed seperately now. I've tried the wellness wet and a bunch of other ones too, but my kitties don't like that mushy texture they all have, even the Nutro natural pouches weren't meat like enough for them.
They are loving the Wellness dry food though...and after only a week and a half I do actually see a difference in the size and stink of their poop...before it was HUGE and stinky enough to take over the whole apartment! Not to mention that they seem to have a whole lot more energy too!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old October 8th, 2004, 04:23 PM
Senior Contributor

Well,the big test will be tonight,I bought only one can of Natural Balance Ultra($1.39)unfortunately they only had large cans.One can of Eagle Pack also $1.39,the rest small Nutro cans and 2 cans of sardines.
Mine are totally opposite to yours Dahmer,they won't touch chunky stuff only pate and they'll eat only about a tbsp each.
I thought Fancy Feast was ok,since they eat so little of it,but lately they have snubbed it and it's gone to the crows(they're happy!!)
I am getting a little paranoid and upset when they don't eat,so I am full of suspense to see if they'll eat the new stuff
Knighty,I used to cook liver once a week for hubby,but i make it with tarragon and hot mustard,he loves it,but liver is loaded with bad cholesterol,so he gets it only twice a month ,,,,he's got to watch it.
I'll just have to hold my breath,when I cut up yucky Sardines
Old October 9th, 2004, 04:04 PM

We give our 3 cats 1/3 can of 9 lives wet mixed w 1/2 1/4 cup scooop of Purina Special Care urinary tract PH. We have a cat going on 14, if something works, stick with it!