Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old November 27th, 2016, 11:31 PM
Senior Contributor

And that pics of your dog and not the poop! LOL!
Old November 28th, 2016, 10:28 AM

Sorry for the red eye effect. Haven't had time to edit it.

And there he is with his best pal.
Attached Images

Last edited by venport; November 28th, 2016 at 12:22 PM.
Old November 28th, 2016, 04:38 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Thank you....he is adorable. Looks like he is gonna be BIG
Oh and the pretty white ghost in the corner is sweet looking too!
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old November 28th, 2016, 06:04 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

What a handsome dude!!!! I love the pic with his best pal! Very similar to what's been going on here--only our white cat has red tabby patches! Well, and we have setters, not BMDs! But, oh, I love that picture!!! Thanks for sharing!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old November 28th, 2016, 07:09 PM
Senior Contributor

He sure is a handsome dude ! Sorry hazel but I am going after him too. LOL! The kitty is very sweet looking ! Thanks for posting your beautiful family !
Old November 28th, 2016, 11:28 PM

Lovely fur kids
Old November 29th, 2016, 10:33 AM

He surely is going to be big (and I love it).

And this is my Mayne Coon.
Attached Images

Old November 29th, 2016, 10:55 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Such beautiful cats!! Do they both get along well with the pup?

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old November 29th, 2016, 12:22 PM

Olaf (the Mayne Coon) doesn't like much to play with Markus (the berner), but he tolerates him pretty well.
Olaf and Lazlo (the domestic) are also best pals.
Lazlo is in between; he's both best pal.
Attached Images

Old November 29th, 2016, 11:53 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Lazlo has the best of both worlds! So nice to see them getting along so sweetly!

Old November 30th, 2016, 09:52 AM
Senior Contributor

What a happy family. I just love to see cats and dogs being such good friends. We have a pair too, a stray cat who just walked in the door one day sleeps with our dog. The dog is his best friend, better than any of our other cats.
Old March 17th, 2017, 09:46 PM

Well, my Markus got castrated last Monday and the ichiness is driving him nuts.

I have him on a collar cone, but anguishes me a lot seeing him trying to relief himself.

I was reading around and it seems everybody advices not to put anything on the insition.

Is there anything that can be done so he can have some relief?

The vet advised to put a bag of ice on the insition to reduce swallowness. I wrap a cooler ice pack on a kitchen towell, pu it on the insition and it calms him a bit, but doesn't last long.

I do my best not to show him, but is anguishing me far more than him, I think, feeling impotent to help him. And he comes to me and begs for help.

Any advise will be greatly, greatly, greatly appreciated.
Old March 17th, 2017, 10:32 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

How swollen is he? By now, he should be pretty much on the mend.

Did they give you any pain pills for him? We've noticed that when the healing gets to the itchy stage, pain meds tend to calm the dogs... If not, the ice pack is a good short term solution.

Old March 18th, 2017, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
How swollen is he? By now, he should be pretty much on the mend.

Did they give you any pain pills for him? We've noticed that when the healing gets to the itchy stage, pain meds tend to calm the dogs... If not, the ice pack is a good short term solution.
Hi Hazelrunpack,

This morning, the swallowness is practically gone. All the area has practically come back to its normal color, and I was lucky enough that the borough cleaned last night the almost 1m snow acummulation, so we went for a walk around the block and he got distracted eating/"drinking" snow.

They didn't give pain pills but pills for the swallowness for four days that he's taking after food at night.

Other than that, they also recommended to desinfect with peroxide and put antibiotic unguent on it, in the morning and at night, what I've been doing, and that also seems to relief him a bit. Ther's not been any infection, as there is no foaming reaction when I apply the peroxide.

It breaks my heart hearing him grounting in "resignation" as he lays down accepting that the cone is not being removed and he has to put up with it.
Old March 18th, 2017, 10:55 AM
The Pack's Head Servant

Better that he wear the cone than get at the incision. It shouldn't be for much longer.

I would discontinue the peroxide, though. It is good for an initial disinfection, but it will attack both healthy and healing tissue and right now you want him to keep all the healing tissue intact. By now, the wound should be healed enough to minimize the danger of infection. It's okay to put the ointment on it, but even that is probably not necessary unless there is a scab that needs to be moisturized. The itching is all part of the healing and should have run it's course in a few more days.

Old April 24th, 2017, 11:51 AM

When my little doggo was a little puppy she used to eat ALL the poops. What's interesting she sometimes does it but I would like to know the reason why. Maybe she need some minerals and vitamins? Do you have any idea what does it happen?