Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old August 18th, 2005, 10:21 AM
Senior Contributor

white cat- lost?

Does anyone on this site remember of anyone losinga white cat in Montreal? This cat was found and is located on this site http://www.spca724.com/recherche_fil...earch=template
She looks awful. I knew of the SPCA's regular site , but this site is new to me. I left a message with the number they have on the site. I think I will try to foster it until someone claims it, because I doubt that it makes it to the adoption phase. I tried to look back in the pages but didn't find anything yet. If someone has a better memory than mine, please let me know. Thanks
Old August 18th, 2005, 11:55 AM
Senior Contributor

Have you done a search on this site? Yes please go get her, she looks really desperate, let us know how it goes.
Old August 18th, 2005, 12:21 PM

Holy cow!

PLEASE let me know if you are going to get her because if not I will call right now and put a hold on her and pick her up tonight. She is, I am sure, in IMMEDIATE danger of euthanization.

Poor poor thing.

Lisa.
Old August 18th, 2005, 01:11 PM
Senior Contributor

I just got a call and they will be processing him tomorrow...which means he will be seen by the vet and then may be euthanized due to his age. Apparently no one has come forth and he is not doing very well in his environment. They told me to go in tonight and see her. The problem is that I don't have a car that I can use and if, Lisa (canine 14), if you are willing to go in, I will be more than willing to talk to you...please call me at

Last edited by Tigger; August 18th, 2005 at 02:43 PM. Reason: no personal phone numbers
Old August 18th, 2005, 02:30 PM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

Remove your phone number and pm it to Canine14. It's dangerous to put your number on the internet.

Canine14 can get the cat released. If not let me know and I can do something about it.
Old August 18th, 2005, 04:16 PM
Senior Contributor

I am kind of glad i could not get a picture,but you girls are fantastic :love:
Is the cat old or sick?Why would he be PTS? Then again,it is the MSPCA..they do have a lot of cats though :sad:
Old August 18th, 2005, 05:08 PM

On my way

Am zooming out the door as I type (sort of). Have been in contact with cpietra. Will keep everyone posted.

Lisa.
Old August 18th, 2005, 05:12 PM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

Thanks Lisa. Let me know if you need a vet deal!
Old August 18th, 2005, 08:14 PM
Senior Contributor

http://www.spca724.com/media/0508-35...88_220_170.jpg

Is this the one? Poor baby!! Did you get him????? OMG, I hate to read "aucun non" Isn't that so very heartbreaking!!! It sure tugs at mine, I'll tell you!

Last edited by CyberKitten; August 18th, 2005 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Added content
Old August 18th, 2005, 08:17 PM
Senior Contributor

Or is this him? Gosh, this one looks worse!
http://www.spca724.com/media/0508-35...ive=1124414204
and is a senior, at the SPCA, that's a real danger!
Old August 19th, 2005, 07:01 AM
Senior Contributor

lost cat

Yes, the kitty that looks like a very wet and scared soul. That's the one. I have yet to hear anything from Canine14. I know she tried to get him out last night. I am waiting for her call to let me know if he's OK and can be around my cats. Does anyone know what the SPCA considers a senior...When I called, I asked and the lady could not tell me!!!!
Old August 19th, 2005, 07:17 AM
Senior Contributor

OMG,I should not have looked at him :sad:
Not that different from my Vinnie,except Vinnie is a happy cat....
Poor little boy,he looks terrified...I hope somebody caring is trying to comfort him.
To me a cat starts his senior years around 13-15yrs,my Rocky is 10 this year and is still behaving like a crazed kitten at times.But the SPCA in Montreal will probably deem a terrified older cat unadoptable :sad:
Old August 19th, 2005, 09:54 AM

Saved

Poor girl has been saved. I pulled her last night and she is at my vet's now awaiting a checkup before I bring her to cpietra. She is NOT a senior, maybe only 3-4 yrs. old because her teeth are so white, but she is in poor condition and that might have made her seem older. She is emaciated and covered in some kind of grease. She has fleas. Her nails are overgrown and she has obviously been a stray for a while. She would have failed her evaluation today and been euthanized because she is so timid that she literally shakes like a leaf when you approach her. My husband, however, who is like the Cat Whisperer, spent quite some time soothing her though and she faintly pured for him. She will be a great cat though, especially with cpietra's loving care.

Lisa.
Old August 19th, 2005, 10:07 AM
Senior Contributor

Canine14, are you ready for another one. I found this fellow in my alley this morning, vomiting neon yellow. I'm full up, need an angel here...
Sorry to hijack this thread, I am SO glad you got your hands on the white baby, she would have been PTS by now, that's a certainty.
Attached Images

Last edited by badger; August 19th, 2005 at 10:09 AM.
Old August 19th, 2005, 10:19 AM

Badger,

I wish I could save them all. We are too full here already and we even took a death row kitten as well last night for us to keep. He has sores near his eye and his ear, is only 6 weeks old and is emaciated beyond belief. Turns out the sores might be ringworm. He has to stay in iso at the vet for a while because I had a ringworm epidemic in the house about a year ago that took a good 6 months to clear and I am NOT going through that again.

BTW, he was never in contact with Tess (as I've named the white cat after a woman I knew who passed away last weekend).

Keep us posted and keep up the good work,
Lisa.
Old August 20th, 2005, 01:04 PM

OT: Sorry to butt in.....

Lisa (Canine14), I'm sorry to butt in here, but I need some help. Would you be able to email me off-list. It is about a kitten I have with Manx syndrome, and I thought you might be able to help me take care of her. I saw your posts about a kitten named Egg back in February while seaching the web for help on this subject.

Sorry to have interupted this thread.

Kay D.
Old August 21st, 2005, 04:18 PM
Senior Contributor

Unhappy

Another hijacking but it'll be my last. Louis (above) was euthanized this afternoon. I had him at three different vets (long story), and he was rehydrated twice, but he was just so sick, a massive virus of some kind (possibly distemper), he could hardly raise his little head, or eat or drink without vomiting.

The last vet, the first fellow I went to when I moved here and started taking in cats, is very no-nonsense, and he felt that even if we identified the virus and began treatment, his chances of survival were next to nil. Poor sweetheart, even the sedative they gave him before the knockout punch made him vomit, but he went peacefully instead of alone under a bush somewhere (which surely would have happened) so I guess that is a good thing. Small comfort.

The taxi driver on the way to the DMV this morning opined that cats should not be neutered because it denied them the possibility of 'continuing their race'. No tip for him!
Old August 21st, 2005, 04:32 PM
Senior Contributor

Oh Badger,poor little Louis,still,you were his saviour,let him go without pain..it's a horrid world out there for many kitties,at least Louis was saved,if only to peacefully leave this world.
Here comes my cry for the day....RIP,beautiful little Louis :love:
Thank's again Badger,for being a guardian
Old August 21st, 2005, 07:46 PM
Senior Contributor

OH, no. I just emailed you to ask about him.

I'm so sorry! But at least this poor boy didn't die in agony in some alleyway with no one to know or care.

This is very hard to take. I know how you feel. :sad:

You can thank people like the taxi driver for the suffering of these babies.
Old August 22nd, 2005, 04:45 PM
Senior Contributor

I am so sorry that he did not make it , but I am happy he died with dignity and had some love around him when he passed on.
This may not be the right time but I just wanted to let you know that My little Tess (Canine14 named her) is home. Lisa just dropped her off and she is home!! She is in hiding and we are all giving her her space. She has my bedroom for the night to do as she pleases and my kids and I are camping out in the livingroom...at least until Tess feels comfortable. I'll keep you posted and hope to have some pictures of her looking alot happier and healthier. Thank-you Lisa for helping her.
Old August 22nd, 2005, 05:56 PM
Senior Contributor

It is exactly the right moment! Thanks to you and Canine14, this little girl has been snatched from the jaws of certain death and now has a brand new life. Very noble of you to give up your bedroom! We look forward to pics, her SPCA shot was truly pathetic.

Thanks everyone for your kind comments about Louis. I was a bit of a zombie today, but I'm glad he went as he did, two days too late, probably, but it was the right thing to do.

Last edited by badger; August 22nd, 2005 at 06:00 PM.
Old August 22nd, 2005, 08:19 PM
Senior Contributor

That's wonderful news cpietra. Thanks to you and Lisa!!
Old August 23rd, 2005, 07:57 AM
Senior Contributor

Yes,thank you to all involved rescuing poor little Tess
I am hoping she will soon see that life can be wonderful,no need to hide anymore.
I guess the SPCA,never checked on her health since she would have been slated to die?
But lugging her in to a vet right now,will probably traumatize her even more..
I would love to see some pics of a happy,DRY Tess,I bet she's beautiful :love: Thank's Lisa(once again!) and Pietra for being absolutely wonderful!!!!
Old August 24th, 2005, 10:23 AM

Tess

Cpietra,

Any news? How is she doing?

Lisa.
Old August 24th, 2005, 02:23 PM
Senior Contributor

update on Tess

Tess has finally ventured out of my underwear drawer and is now on my bed. She will let me approach and pet her and on a good hour she will purr for me. She seems to pick and choose when she wants to purr. She loves being rubbed on her nose. All in all she seems to be coming around....once she feels comfy enough to approach me on her own...than comes the intro to the rest of the family...the cats and the dog... She is delightful and I can't wait when she shows her true self. Medically she is sneezing and has a runny nose and her right eye seems to be watering. I will give it a few days and see how she is doing. I really don't want to take her out of this environment just yet. If it worsens , she will unfortunately have no choice. She sort of reminds me of Misty...(who I am still searching for) and I hope that some day they will meet. I will keep you posted as the months go by and I will soon take a picture and show you who she really is. Again...I want to thank you Lisa, because I know she would not be here today if it weren't for all your hard work and time. Thanks again
Old August 25th, 2005, 10:01 AM
Senior Contributor

more update

Just wanted to let you know that Tess has actually rubbed her head to my head to say goodmorning...at least that is how I interpreted the gesture and she licked my face...on the other hand she has yet to get a warm welcome from my other cats. She has gotten hisses and growls, but she really does not seem to care. I am slowly getting my cats use to her smell so this process will take a few weeks...until then a few noses will be out of joint, I guess.
Old August 25th, 2005, 11:20 AM

Yeah!!!

I knew she would be a great cat.

Keep up the good work,
Lisa and the gang.
Old August 25th, 2005, 03:13 PM
Senior Contributor

You seem to know exactly what to do and I am sure eventually Tess will get accepted,but it takes time..I am glad she does not seem to care.
Is she otherwise ok?Eating,going in the bix etc..?
Tess is one lucky little girl,that's for sure,please keep updating us of any small progress and as soon as you're able to a pic,please.
I still have that sad picture of her in my head,wet and terrified. :sad: until an angel came and saved her.
Old August 26th, 2005, 07:48 AM
Senior Contributor

Tess

Tess seems to have a really bad cold. She has both eyes that are running and her nose. she sneezes and she is now breathing with her mouth open. I know this is not the right forum to use , but is this just a normal cold or should I worry. With all the strays I have taken in, this is a first. I know she is having trouble breathing, but I don't want to stress her anymore than I have to, so if this is normal behavior in a cat with a cold please let me know. Thanks
She also refused to eat anything this morning..probably because she can't smell.
Old August 26th, 2005, 09:32 AM
Senior Contributor

Pietra,in this case I think it's worth the stress on Tess,before she gets too sick,cats tend to fail rapidly.It could be just a cold,but also some respiratory problem and hopefully a treatment of antibiotics can fix her up.I would take her to the vet now,especially if she's not eating,I suspect she is not fat to begin with..Good Luck!