Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Closed Thread

Old July 9th, 2005, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Prin,no one is arguing here.I gave info on what I know about some of the pet stores..You consider that arguing?And Luba wanting to know why this info is needed is also considered arguing??
When you ask a question and you get an answer and then you reply "No, you're wrong", that's generally an arguement.
Old July 9th, 2005, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Toby's Tracy and Prin: If Quebec is next, would you really be interested in collecting some data? It is very tedious, time consuming work. But it serves several purposes.
Kismutt, mais oui! As long as it's not during exams and midterms, of course.
Old July 9th, 2005, 07:11 PM
banned user

Quote:
Originally Posted by mona_b
See but the thing here,and I'm talking in Ontario is that there are quite a few pet stores who are not selling the pups with papers.And the pet stores I am talking about are the ones who sell them as "Hybred" and they come from what they call local breeders.So unfortunately there is no way to find out where or who the breeder is.

As for the registration papers,yes they do have the breeders address.But they do not have the Sires address.Only the kennel name...I just checked my dogs registration papers... ...Dogs can't be registered without the breeders address anyways.This I know as I have been a member with the CKC for a little over 20 years.And we have been trying everything in our power to shut down every puppy mill and BYB.

Also,did you know that these puppy mills will lie when filling out the papers?They register more puppies than are actually born in each litter to receive extra registration slips to pass out with unregisterable puppies.

Prin,no one is arguing here.I gave info on what I know about some of the pet stores..You consider that arguing?And Luba wanting to know why this info is needed is also considered arguing??
O.K. If you would like to privately email me the names of the store(s) that are not providing paperwork with the pups, I will be happy to look into it. Thanks!
Old July 9th, 2005, 07:23 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prin
When you ask a question and you get an answer and then you reply "No, you're wrong", that's generally an arguement.
Ummm Prin,I think you need to read the posts a bit better....It was Kismutt who made that statement,NOT me...See,this is how things start.

Kismutt,unfortunately they is absalutely nothing you can do to look into it.Trust me,I have tried.Like I said,they are "hybreds" from a local breeder and they don't register them.And I am sure that one of the reasons is because the parents are not registered.
Old July 9th, 2005, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Really? So, then, all those kids are actually on the high school arguement teams??

Sorry, but I have to respectfully disagree. Mona's post was actually a rebuttal, not an arguement (not that I'm a debate expert, by any means ).

I don't think Luba's questions were unreasonable, either. Personally, I wouldn't be comfortable giving out all of that information to a total stranger unless I knew their purpose and researched their aims first. Which is one of the reasons I didn't pipe up at first (the other being that I don't know anyone who has purchased a puppy at a pet store in Ontario), but I felt the need to defend Luba since her stance is similar to mine.

I also have to ask Kismutt - and I'm not being critical or anything, I'm honestly curious - how do you know that all of these total strangers (which is what we essentially are to one another) aren't going to falsify your data for some unknown reason? Wouldn't you feel more comfortable collecting it yourself in the interest of maintaining it's integrity?
Old July 9th, 2005, 07:26 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismutt
Ok. Mona, you win. You are right, I am wrong.
For you Prin.

Sorry,but I will not be acused of a comment I didn't make.
Old July 9th, 2005, 07:35 PM
banned user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Writing4Fun
I don't think Luba's questions were unreasonable, either. Personally, I wouldn't be comfortable giving out all of that information to a total stranger unless I knew their purpose and researched their aims first. ?
If anyone is uncomfortable giving information about their petstore purchased puppy, then you don't have to. This is strictly a volunteer thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Writing4Fun
I also have to ask Kismutt - and I'm not being critical or anything, I'm honestly curious - how do you know that all of these total strangers (which is what we essentially are to one another) aren't going to falsify your data for some unknown reason? Wouldn't you feel more comfortable collecting it yourself in the interest of maintaining it's integrity?
Well, if they falsify it, I will know it either very quickly or eventually. I will take that chance.
Old July 9th, 2005, 07:38 PM
banned user

Quote:
Kismutt, mais oui! As long as it's not during exams and midterms, of course.
I may be seeking you out in the Fall In the meantime, if you have information about some purchased petstore pups, just privately email me.
Old July 9th, 2005, 07:45 PM

K, I'll spell it out.

Quote:
There may be a problem with that one.MANY petstores will not divulge this info.And trust me I have tried.I have gone into the one petstore in the mall I frequent.I go in there to try and educate the people BEFORE they decide to buy.I do let them know where these pups come from.I have played the dumb blonde(LOL) when asking questions to the ones working there.Then when I let then finish answering my questions,it's then that I say my speach to them.They will NOT give out the info on the so called breeders.
Quote:
I know what you are saying, and you are right. They are not going to divulge this information, because you have not bought the pup. I would be very surpirsed if the did LOL!!

When you have paid for the pup they HAVE to provide the paperwork, registered or not. If they did not provide the purchaser with the paperwork, they will be out of buisness very very quickly That is very rare, because that is the quickest and easiest way to charge the petstore owner

Quote:
It doesn't matter if I bought a pup or not.They will NOT tell you were it came from.
And that's when Kismutt told you you won.

Debating involves presenting new points, arguing involves repetition. Did I explain it better this time? You didn't say exactly "You're wrong" but to me, contradicting the person in caps is basically the same thing.
Nice that I comment on the arguing and you argue back.
Old July 9th, 2005, 07:55 PM
banned user

Guys... I don't want to stick my nose in where it doesn't belong. So I hope nobody thinks I'm wrong. Why don't we just start a new from this thread right now and decide whether or not we will help Kismutt and leave it at that.

So there will be no need for this thread to become any more misunderstood or irritating to anyone than it has already become.

Old July 9th, 2005, 07:56 PM

Or we could just decide to help Kismutt or not right now and this thread will have served its purpose.
Old July 9th, 2005, 07:59 PM
banned user

Quote:
Or we could just decide to help Kismutt or not right now and this thread will have served its purpose.
Yeah... or that!! (thats what I meant but I tend to babble!)
Old July 9th, 2005, 08:06 PM
banned user

The simplest of things... my goodness! Certainly an argumentative bunch lately, aren't we?

I'm not responding to argue, just to give some info:
Quote:
As for the registration papers,yes they do have the breeders address.But they do not have the Sires address.Only the kennel name...I just checked my dogs registration papers... ...Dogs can't be registered without the breeders address anyways.
JUST FYI: When my friend got Jade, we got the 'pedigree' which had the owner name, as well as the registered names for the Sire and Dam. With that info, I tracked down her possible address. I then contacted the Missouri Department of Agriculture, and got her real address and phone number.

In the case of my friend she bought what was being advertised as a PUREBRED Boxer puppy. Not a hybrid. That will make a difference as well.

I believe you have abetter chance of getting the breeder info if it is 1) "purebred" 2) breeder outside of canada.
Old July 9th, 2005, 08:11 PM
Senior Contributor

Hmmmmm,it's kind of funny how Kismutt was not bothered by it since she too used caps.

As for me arguing back,nope,not me.I just made a comment.If you find that arguing,then I guess we have a different definition of it....

Sorry Angeleyes,but if you noticed things were going fine till Prin made a comment about "give it a rest"

Before that no one was arguing,we were asking questions,giving our opinions to what we know....And I'm sorry but if this is classified as rude,then we definately need to make it clear to the meaning of "rude"

And remember,Kismutt did say this was for Ontario residents.......
Old July 9th, 2005, 08:12 PM
banned user

Quote:
Kismutt,unfortunately they is absalutely nothing you can do to look into it.Trust me,I have tried.Like I said,they are "hybreds" from a local breeder and they don't register them.And I am sure that one of the reasons is because the parents are not registered.
O.K. again. Your right, I am wrong. How silly of me.

I am obviously irritating you, so please put me on ignore.
Old July 9th, 2005, 08:25 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safyre
The simplest of things... my goodness! Certainly an argumentative bunch lately, aren't we?

I'm not responding to argue, just to give some info:

JUST FYI: When my friend got Jade, we got the 'pedigree' which had the owner name, as well as the registered names for the Sire and Dam. With that info, I tracked down her possible address. I then contacted the Missouri Department of Agriculture, and got her real address and phone number.

In the case of my friend she bought what was being advertised as a PUREBRED Boxer puppy. Not a hybrid. That will make a difference as well.

I believe you have abetter chance of getting the breeder info if it is 1) "purebred" 2) breeder outside of canada.
Geez I really need to learn how to do these multiple quotes...LOL

Safyre,that's what I was saying silly.....

They do have the "breeders" addy,but not the sires.The Sires and dams registered name is on it.As for the Hybred,I was taling about the pet store in the mall by me.They are seeling them as Hybreds and stating they are Purebreds.And there is also a Pet store in T.O that is selling their pups unregistered.And just to clarify,it was probably the registration papers you are talking about and not the "pedigree"...Pedigree papers are the ones that shoe the lineage(parents,grand parents great grand parents)..If I'm wrong,I'm sorry...
Old July 9th, 2005, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Geez I really need to learn how to do these multiple quotes
You just copy and paste the exerpt you want and then shade/highlight it in the reply and press the quote button. If you want to add the name, beside the first QUOTE, you put an =name within the brackets. Like QUOTE=mona_b, and that's it.
Old July 9th, 2005, 08:31 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
O.K. again. Your right, I am wrong. How silly of me.

I am obviously irritating you, so please put me on ignore.
OK,I think you are taking what I said the wrong way...It's definately not like that.I just wanted to explain to you that I had already tried to get some info and it didn't work.This is not the case of who is right and who is wrong....

I'm a Law Enforcement Officer,so if it's anyone who can try and get info it's me.But unfortunately sometimes I can't without a warrent..And trust me,it's not that easy to get one.
Old July 9th, 2005, 08:32 PM
Senior Contributor

Cool...Thanks Prin...I'll have to practice it..LOL

This should be fun.....
Old July 9th, 2005, 08:34 PM
banned user

Quote:
I'm a Law Enforcement Officer,so if it's anyone who can try and get info it's me. But unfortunately sometimes I can't without a warrent..And trust me,it's not that easy to get one.
Thats weird. I am not a law enforcement officer, and it comes very easily to me. I guess it's luck??
Old July 9th, 2005, 08:35 PM

You can even change the name but I don't know if that would cause more trouble...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Know-It-All-Prin
You just copy and paste the exerpt you want and then shade/highlight it in the reply and press the quote button. If you want to add the name, beside the first QUOTE, you put an =name within the brackets. Like QUOTE=mona_b, and that's it.
Old July 9th, 2005, 08:47 PM
banned user

I don't know if this will cause trouble.. but can I start doing things like...

Quote:
Sometimes I fart and blame it on my dog!
Quote:
Me too!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeleyes is messing around with the quotes!!
I love doing that too!!!
JUST KIDDING!!... I hope you guys don't get mad at me for that joke!!

This thread needed to get lightened up!!!
Old July 9th, 2005, 08:48 PM

If I wasn't laughing so hard I would be OUTRAGED!!! Geez undergrads are immature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeleyes1437
What? Disturbing the ***** is what I like to do. If only I could see your faces.

Last edited by Prin; July 9th, 2005 at 08:50 PM. Reason: added angeleyes' quote
Old July 9th, 2005, 08:49 PM
banned user

Quote:
If I wasn't laughing so hard I would be OUTRAGED!!! Geez undergrads are immature.
...did you call me..a.... UNDERGRAD???

LOL... j/k... ha ha ha!!!
Old July 9th, 2005, 08:51 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Thats weird. I am not a law enforcement officer, and it comes very easily to me. I guess it's luck??
That all depends on what you mean.If you mean by getting info on a pet store who sells Hybreds and you are trying to get the breeders name?You will need luck for that..Have you tried?

Prinnnnnnnnnnn,this isn't working...Grrrrrrrrr...I can't copy and paiste then highlight.I need to highlight then copy and paste.And that's not even working for me...Waaaaaaaaaaaaa

Quote:

It's an undergrad. Geez.
banned user

Quote:
They do have the "breeders" addy,but not the sires.The Sires and dams registered name is on it.As for the Hybred,I was taling about the pet store in the mall by me.They are seeling them as Hybreds and stating they are Purebreds.And there is also a Pet store in T.O that is selling their pups unregistered.And just to clarify,it was probably the registration papers you are talking about and not the "pedigree"...Pedigree papers are the ones that shoe the lineage(parents,grand parents great grand parents)..If I'm wrong,I'm sorry...
Don't be sorry, I have a pure bred from a breeder, so I do know the difference registration papers/pedigree, and in this case, it was actually a pedigree! Strange, I know. It showed the history back I believe 4-5 generations *its been a year sincei looked at it). Jade (the puppy) was not registered with any organization. And the Sire and Dam were owned by the same person.

In my case, it was easier because Missouri allows puppy mills.
Well, they make ppl get a license for breeding, if they have more than 3 litters per year, and if someone does not have a license THAT is what they term a puppy mill. However, licensed or not, they are a puppy mill. Therefore, it is easier to track ppl down in the US, especially states like MO. Its like once you geta thread you keep pulling... thats what I did. When ths happened to Crystal, I didn'tk now ANYTHING about pet store dogs or puppy mills. I learned FAST.
Old July 9th, 2005, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Prinnnnnnnnnnn,this isn't working...Grrrrrrrrr...I can't copy and paiste then highlight.I need to highlight then copy and paste.And that's not even working for me...Waaaaaaaaaaaaa
Ok, step by step.

Highlight the text. Copy. Press "Reply". Paste. Highlight what you've just pasted. Press the Quote button (yeller one with the lines in it at the far right of the buttons ). Then, it's going to say QUOTE with bracketies everywhere. Between the first QUOTE and the bracket, that's where you put the =name. Is that ok?
Old July 9th, 2005, 08:54 PM
banned user

Quote:
It's an undergrad. Geez.
lol... typo!! I swear!!!! That was funny stuff!
Old July 9th, 2005, 08:55 PM
banned user

I think she is trying to get a quote within a Quote Prin, she needs the next steps.

Example of what I *THINK* Mona_B wants to do:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeleyes

It's an undergrad. Geez.
Oh wait, i jsut re-read her ... multiple quotes she wants ... though that shouldn't be hard. *now I am confused*
Mona, how do you quote a person right now, by hitting the quote button on the bottom right of their post?
Closed Thread