Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Off topic forum

Old October 10th, 2009, 03:36 PM

Signs of an illness brewing?

I didn't get any sleep Wednesday night, and the best part I had a 10 am appointment. Went without any sleep, got home at 11:30 and played with Gizzy (aka Piglet) for 20 mins. Then I get a migraine due to no sleeping. I went to lie down and close my eyes to get rid of the aura so I could see clearly to give Forest a bath (looooooooong story). I woke up at 2 pm. Got up gave Forest his bath, he didn't like that too much lol and when I was drying him off he started growling. I have never heard him growl before! No attacking though

Anyways, after I let him go I felt pain in my right knee, maybe I kneeled on it too much? And then my right thigh hurt as if I had ran 20 mins on the treadmill. So throughout the night I could walk it was just tender. That night, I went to bed at 12:45 am. (also had a nap in between 4 & 6pm)

Yesterday I woke up to the alarm at 12 pm, got up to shut it off, and noticed my back hurt, like it was a struggle to move. So once the alarm was off I slumped back into bed. Then I finally wake up at 2 pm. Had to go to the bathroom and almost fell over, had a head rush (this is normal), my thigh felt worse, and it hurt my back to stand up straight. Sometimes I sleep wrong but it's my lower back that hurts, this was different, it was my mid-back. So walking was a bit of a mission. Yesterday, my right thigh felt like I had done 50 lunges. I was almost limping around the house.

So I went to go watch tv, sitting up was a lil uncomfortable but hunching over was better, and I had pain in my right inside crease where my elbow is. Then as the day progressed. Hunching thhurt but i was able to lay back in the chair (like a normal person), right thigh and knee still hurt, and the pain in my right inside crease went away but jumped to my left inside crease. ETA: My abdomen started hurting as if I had done a lot of crunches almost to the point wear it hurt to wear a bra.So I have no idea what is happening to me. And today my thigh still hurts, my left thigh is tender, and my back is tight.

I have not been in the Gym for about 2 weeks. I have no idea what is happening to me. Am I getting sick?

Last edited by dollface; October 10th, 2009 at 04:54 PM.
Old October 10th, 2009, 04:23 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

I live in Tick Central, dollface. I'm no doctor, but if I had symptoms like those, I'd head in to the clinic for a screening for tick-borne diseases. Not sure if you have ticks or not.

Hope you're not getting sick!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old October 10th, 2009, 04:47 PM

Srsly?! Ticks?! How would I get ticks?! We live in an apartment building and hardly have any bugs come in. The odd fly or 2 in the summer and Piglet likes to eat those.
Old October 10th, 2009, 07:00 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Do you ever go out for walks in a park? We pick them up in our back yard.

Many parts of Canada don't have ticks--not sure if you're in a tick-prone area or not. But the symptoms you describe are very similar to what we've had here with ehrlichiosis and anaplasmosis. Throw in a fever, and you'd be the spitting image of hubby last time he had a bout with anaplasmosis.

It was just a thought.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old October 10th, 2009, 10:20 PM
Senior Contributor

It might be because you haven't been to the gym recently. Sometimes when our body becomes used to a certain routine, once we stop, little things that previously were easy (like simply rolling over) can cause a lot of stress in our muscles that are learning to relax again.

Bailey (Labradoodle)
Tippy (Collie/ShepX)
Vali (American Bulldog)
Artiro (Cane Corso)
Old October 11th, 2009, 01:46 AM

No not much of a walker or exerciser here. I hardly leave my apartment since I'm not working. And cold outdoor walking isn't my thing. I wasn't yelling hazel lol just really shocked/surprised lol I don't think I'm in a ticky-area but you never know. I was wondering if my muscle aches were due to a simple cold, regular flu or H1N1. First 2 are ok to deal with, hopefully it's not H1N1 and it's just the change in seasons type cold.

Bailey: I hardly ever go to the gym. The last time I went was to get my bf motivated to get into shape so he can get healthier so both of us are not out of work (heaven forbid) if it were to come down to it. He also has arthritis in his hips, so he really needs to get in shape. Back on topic, it kinda feels like the pain I should have gotten the day after on the bike those 2 weeks ago but never had any soreness til thursday. Kinda weird
Old October 12th, 2009, 02:12 PM
WOOOOF!

Did you try stretching these pains out? It might hurt at first but somtimes its a good hurt lol. I would try stretching out when you wake up, maybe do a little yoga or somthing. And if you dont already, try takeing a multi vitamin, and maybe an iron pill. Low iron can cause muscle aches.

If you don't like takeing pills, then theres this amazing drink called FUZE. Every mac's sells it, and some other convenience stores and grocery stores. It tastes really good (as long as you get one of the ones that says "revitalize") and its full of vitamins and other stuff your body needs that most people don't get on a regular basis.

Hope this helped, and I hope your feeling better.

Akira: Boss lady.
Adam: 110 pound lapdog.
Maximus: Shy guy, but will lick your face off.
Kitty: "PET MEEEEE"
Tig: Chillen.
Old October 12th, 2009, 10:38 PM

Thanks Akira, You might be on to something! lol Low iron does stick out since I'm ALWAYS cold. And as for the pills, I have never been able to swallow any pills so I think I will have to try the Fuze drink! My back is feeling better, went in the hot tub tonight, and my thigh doesn't hurt as much. So let's try getting more iron into my system. Thanks for the tips!
Old October 13th, 2009, 02:44 PM

Sometimes going to a Dr. for nothing, is a better idea than drinking junk with vitamins in it. (I would worry especially if they are given to young children). GOD ONLY KNOWS WHAT JUNK THEY WILL THINK OF NEXT TO MAKE MONEY. If you have a healthy diet, you don't need any supplements, especially iron is dangerous if not prescribed by a Dr. for the right dosage. North Americans are still very naive when it comes to anything put into our body, for possibly making us sick and companies MAKING BIG MONEY. I would not self-medicate! As for ticks, Ontario has them and if you walk in the woods you could get them. They warn people camping in Ontario about ticks that they could make you very ill.
Old October 13th, 2009, 03:01 PM
WOOOOF!

Fuze, is a very healthy, very good drink. It is hard for people to have a diet that gives them all the things their body needs on a daily basis. There is nothing wrong with takeing a multi vitamin, and I wouldn't say to just start pounding back as much iron as you can. Yes, you should only get iron pills from the doctor. But eating more meat and stuff like that isn't going to hurt you. A lot of people have low iron and don't know it and complain about head aches, and other aches and dizzyness.

Most of the things out there these days is junk. Especialy the ones made by big name companies like gatorade, there supossed healthy drinks are crap.
EVERYONE knows, that a healthy diet and excercise is the best way to be, but not everyone has the time, nor the money. So I offered an alternative, and if you haven't already noticed, I was a little offended by your comment Kiara.

P.S. I don't trust all doctors either, enough times my life has been endangered by doctors stupid assumations that somthing was minor when it was major. So a second opinion is somtimes a good idea.

Akira: Boss lady.
Adam: 110 pound lapdog.
Maximus: Shy guy, but will lick your face off.
Kitty: "PET MEEEEE"
Tig: Chillen.
Old October 22nd, 2009, 09:55 AM

If my advise offended anyone, I'm sorry. These comments were made for the general public, not you specifically. At our local pharmacy, I came across green tea tablets made specially for weight loss. Beautifully packaged, with many promises. Good that I asked the pharmacist, if I should buy them and since I have high blood pressure, he did not recommend it for me to buy. I am using this as an example.
Old October 22nd, 2009, 10:15 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

You are correct, kiara and I am a firm believer in what you are saying. Eat a healthy diet and you shouldn't need any supplements. Anything that your body needs due to health issues should be monitored by a doctor.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old October 23rd, 2009, 02:27 AM

Well the pains have been gone for about a week now, but I'm wondering if they were future sympathy pains...

On Monday around 6pm my boyfriend was involved in a car accident in his work truck. He was not at fault, a lady was charged for making an illegal left hand turn. Happened in Newmarket, woodbine & davis, he was going thru the light and the lady was making a left hand turn. The light went yellow and I guess she thought she could beat him thru the light. He swerved to avoid hitting her but hit her anyway. Pushed her car about 150 ft away and it started on fire. He kept going but the momentum of the hit made his truck flip on to the passenger side and knocked off the propane tank. He had his seatbelt on, so that was probably the saving grace. They had to use the jaws of life to cut open the front windshield to get him out. 5 other cars were involved, but my bf was the only one hurt. He has no memory of the accident or the hours leading up to it. He is banged up and bruised (almost in the same places i was stating a week ago). Here is the news clip @ 11:53 : http://www.globaltoronto.com/video/i...llBAKR6svN4o32

I got to the hospital and he had no short term memory, so he kept looping thru questions about the accident. It was heart-wrenching. But I was brave and no tears! He was able to come home that night.
Old October 23rd, 2009, 08:45 AM
Senior Contributor

I wish your boyfriend all the best and a speedy recovery
Old October 23rd, 2009, 01:20 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Holy crap!!! That's pretty scary!

I hope he has a quick recovery!

Old October 25th, 2009, 11:17 PM

Thank you for the well wishes he's getting better by the day, still got a small goose egg on his temple, and bruising everywhere. The steering wheel was folded upward but we're not sure if that was the effect of him trying to hold on, the adrenaline pulsing through him, or his leg pushing on it while he was hanging. Cuz he's got a soccer ball size of a bruise on his thigh and then the day after it connected around to the side and behind the knee :S

He's going back to work tomorrow but there won't be a truck for him to drive so not sure what he's gonna do.