Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old February 21st, 2009, 03:27 PM
Senior Contributor

Diezel & *Surprise* Guest!!!!!!

WOah. I just got back from feeding Diezel and it was so weird!!

Ok first of all when I parked outside the farm Diezel was no where to be seen. I called and called and finally Diezel came running BUT another dog came with him!!!!!

They only have one dog what the heckity heck. I think its a boxer but im not good with breeds. This dog wasnt wearing a collar (i couldnt really figure out if it was a girl/boy but I took pics). I didnt know what to do, should I feed deizel and this dog??? I called my mom to call my friend at home even though I knew she wasnt home ( i was trying to reach her all morning). Meanwhile I took pics and threw over the treats I had. Random Dog ate most of them but Diezel took one and ran away with it and ate it . The other doh jumped the fence and starting running down the road. At this point I dont know what to do at all Im literally in nowheresville, dunno who this dog is and its running away. Should I call the HS? I dont even know what street I'm on! (I just now how to get there im weird like that lol). I didnt have the HS number either and I dunno if in farming area dogs are allowed to run loose or what. In any case mom called back, she couldnt reach her. I told her the dog was gone and I would just feed Diezel. I fed diezel the first can and when he was done took out the 2nd and 3d cans and emptied them out. Who comes running back down the road and over the fence? Stranger dog!!! HE had run out of sight the first time. So Dog came in pushed his snout into Diezels food and ate the 2 cans worth, licked bowl clean. Meanwhile Diezel didnt even try to fight for his food and I didnt know what to do??? Should I push this stranger dog away?!? Diezel just came to me for pets while dog ate all the food.

Then I got ready to leave cuz I really wanted to get hold of my friend and Diezel and dog ran back into the barn area. Btw, Diezel was super friendly with me, tail wagging etc. He didnt even bark at me but other dog did. I called my friend just now and she thinks this dog is their neighbours dog. Her husband has previously told them to try and keep her in etc but she doesnt even wear a collar Im gonna send the pics to her husband to see if its the same dog. She also said he had called the HS about this dog before but they said it was out of their jurisdiction I was torn whether or not I should try to grab this dog in case it was lost or something but also the dog was shy of me. Kind of completely ignored me and moved away when I got closer so I didnt grab him. Plus with no collar there was nothing grab on to..that coupled with nowheresville, being alone etc... I dunno

Anyway my next post will be pics. *Im resizing this might take a bit*

"No, Bunduk, Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!"

Last edited by onster; February 21st, 2009 at 03:34 PM.
Old February 21st, 2009, 03:49 PM
Senior Contributor

Pics- Alot of them

Why Hello there!!

Name:  Diezel1.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  48.5 KB

Doggie eating treats
Name:  Diezel2.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  44.5 KB

Name:  Diezel3.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  36.8 KB

Old February 21st, 2009, 03:52 PM
Senior Contributor

Name:  Diezel4.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  35.8 KB

Doggie began to run away
Name:  Deizel6.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  29.8 KB
Then came back but not to me, just to the fence *ignoring me* I had no idea what to do. My car was right there and I guess I couldve grabbed him but I dont have experience with dogs and I wasnt sure how he would take being in my car or how to hold him without a collar (too big to carry!)
Name:  Diezel5.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  20.9 KB

Old February 21st, 2009, 03:53 PM
Senior Contributor

Name:  Diezel6.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  38.6 KB
When he was out of sight I began to feed Diezel
Name:  diezel7.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  40.4 KB

Name:  Diezel8.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  36.3 KB

Old February 21st, 2009, 03:55 PM
Senior Contributor

Doggie licking bowl clean
Name:  diezel10.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  39.1 KB
He went to sniff the bag I got the food in
Name:  Diezel9.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  39.2 KB
Interacting with Diezel
Name:  Diezel11.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  34.4 KB

Old February 21st, 2009, 03:58 PM
Senior Contributor

Diezel bit the dogs neck but dog didnt seem to mind ( i dunno if this is doggie playing or what?)

Name:  Diezel13.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  38.4 KB

And that was that! I had to leave weather was getting bad and I wanted to ask what to do about the dog..when i left they just both ran back towards the barns,

Old February 21st, 2009, 04:01 PM
Senior Contributor

Video I took

This is when Diezel was coming back and I saw the Dog started to come back too, you see him jump over the fence and start to eat Diezel's food.
http://s456.photobucket.com/albums/q...t=MOV04331.flv

Sorry at the end you can hear me kinda say under my breathe "what the heck" I wasnt swearing really lol. I just didnt know what to do.

Old February 21st, 2009, 04:35 PM
~Cat Servent~

I thought the leash law was for all of Ontario... like as in no dog can be running free all over the place?

As for that dog, next time you go to feed Diezel, maybe take some rope or a collar (for this dollar store collar and leash I'm sure would suffice) and see if she'll let you put it on.... hopefully your friend will get back to you and let you know exactly where that dog belongs. Looks healthy and cared for (despite the roaming and eating who knows what along the way), but I'd be nervous about a dog wandering that near the road even in the country in this weather. I imagine if the weather has gotten any worse doggy has gone home or found some shelter... sleeping off that full belly!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old February 21st, 2009, 04:43 PM
Senior Contributor

I emailed her husband the pics KR, when he gets a chance he'll check them out (he's at the hospital now).

If it is the same dog I know that her husband had put the dog in his truck and was gonna take it to HS until he found out it was the neighbours dog. So i guess if its the same dog it should be ok with me putting on a collar..but then what?? Do I take it to the HS?? I guess it depends if its the neighbours dog or not.

You can see she's a female KR? i wasnt really sure lol She seemed to have a boy part lol. ummm i wonder if she was in there with diezel to make babies

Oh and about the leash law I have no idea. But I thought they have to wear a collar? or at least if they are known to escape have your dog wear a collar!!!

Old February 21st, 2009, 05:02 PM
Senior Contributor

Onster,he looks like some kind of mix,boxer and something else,it looks like he has blue eyes
Poor Diezel,there you see how good he is,does not even object to another dog eating his food..
If you have a leash/collar,maybe you can at least hold him back so he won't eat Diezels food.
It certainly looks dangerous for a dog with the road right there.
If you find out where he lives,maybe you can call them to come and get their dog,Diezel needs his food:sad:
He only gets fed once a day,right??
You are doing good though,I would have been a little scared of a strange dog
Old February 21st, 2009, 05:28 PM
Senior Contributor

Chico, my friend told me it was ok if Diezel only ate 1.5 cans as he has a huge amount of kibble in the barn he nibbles in ( i never went in the barn). She said if the dog is there next time to feed 4/5 cans instead of 3 (usually they feed 2 but theyre trying to fatten diezel up).

The dog did have blue eyes!! Light blue, it was amazing!!

I wasnt scared but I was shocked/flustered. I didnt know what the 'right thing' to do was

Old February 21st, 2009, 06:36 PM
~Cat Servent~

I have no idea, I thought you had referred to a she... wasn't lookin at the parts. Dogs have to have collars and tags and be registered as far as I know, that's everywhere in ontario. If you find out which neighbour, I'd return to the neighbour but warn them if it happens again s/he may end up at the HS, and it'll cost them money to get him/her back.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old February 21st, 2009, 08:09 PM
Jag and Gingers dad

Nice looking dog Diezel's friend
Looks like the dog has a hound head on a boxer or American bulldog body.

That's one thing i hate about the country.dogs are always running around of leash with no collars on.just about hit one today.

Last edited by angeldogs; February 21st, 2009 at 08:14 PM.
Old February 21st, 2009, 08:34 PM
Senior Contributor

I love that you it on video and took pictures.

Dracko (GSD) male - 2000 - 31/02/2011 RIP my boy
Mochie (Balinese X/feline) female - 1994 - 07/01/2010 RIP my sweetie
Ginkgo (Siamese X/feline) female - 6 years
Smitty (long-haired white/feline) male - 5 years
Teiya (Ragdoll x/feline) female - 3 years
Kinsey (Ragdoll x/feline) female - 3 years

DON’T BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER PETS DIE!
Old February 21st, 2009, 08:52 PM
Senior Contributor

Ok the husband replied to my email. He said this is the neighbour's dog and is diesel's friend. He said he tried talking to the neihhbours several times but they dont do anything....so I guess im supposed to ignore this

Dracko, being that I couldnt take the dog in I took video/pics for several reasons. To show the owners what was going on and vid/pics in case the owners thought this was a lost dog so I could post it (Seen in this area) or whatever. As I was taking the video I was thinking of how good proof it would be to owners who dont spay their female dogs and think as long as their dogs dont go out they will be fine. Dogs wil jump in!!

Old February 21st, 2009, 09:56 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

So Diezel has a friend. At least he's not so lonely, but I hope his friend is traffic-wise. And I think it probably explains why they need to put weight on Diezel--his buddy is coming for lunch all the time!

You must have gone it if you were giving Diezel pats? He surely does look happy to see you in the pics.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old February 21st, 2009, 10:01 PM
Senior Contributor

shhhhh hazel lol

I did go right in How else was I supposed to serve the food

I feel bad cuz her hubby said not to...but I just couldnt throw the food in. So sue me He was very happy to see me and he jumped up and leaned in for face scratchies again

Oh but he didnt really like the biscuit treat things. I even got him these gourmet ones, handmade. They look like cupcakes with sprinkles on them and what lookd like choc dipped doggie bones (of course not real choc). hmm maybe ill stick with hotdogs? He kinda sniffed but wasnt too interested. Other dog ate them. He ate only half a biscuit (I bought 5)

Last edited by onster; February 21st, 2009 at 10:07 PM.
Old February 21st, 2009, 11:22 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Wow, no wonder his friend is packin' on the pounds! LOL S/he's mooching off Diezel's windfalls!

Well, I'm glad Diezel got some attention. Despite the fact that he didn't get all his food, I'm sure he's thinking he had a great day!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old February 22nd, 2009, 08:58 AM
Senior Contributor

A friend of mine had a Husky/Great DaneX,she was all Great Dane,except for her blue eyes.
I think this pup has several mixes,not that it is important.
I am glad Diezel has a friend,but wish he was not running on the road,the owners must know,but I guess they don't care
Driving on country-roads,I am always on full alert for any animals,any little dark dot in the distance,I suspect an animal and slow down,annoys hubby
Old February 22nd, 2009, 09:52 AM
Senior Contributor
Typing Test Champion, Curveball Champion, Mahjong Champion, Zookeeper Champion

I know the locals up where my parents cottage used to be, all let their dogs run loose. Perfectly normal to them and they don't see the issue with it. I remember my uncle not understanding why we kept our dogs on leashes up there. My sisters dog wouldn't leave the property up there and could be left leash free but our dogs were a different story. A lot of the cottagers up there used to do the same thing, just let their dogs run free. I can't tell you how many visiting dogs we used to get.

Cindy
Old February 22nd, 2009, 11:39 AM
~Cat Servent~

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
Driving on country-roads,I am always on full alert for any animals,any little dark dot in the distance,I suspect an animal and slow down,annoys hubby
Me too Chico! Drives hubby nuts, I even slow down in the city for squirrels that may or may not be crossing the road... I figure what's an extra few seconds for me if it saves a critter from getting squished! (Hubby also thinks I make things up while he's driving, because I ask him to slow down for animals that he can't see until we're right up beside them!)

Old February 22nd, 2009, 01:35 PM
Senior Contributor

Wow, interesting guys! I really had no idea that this was common...I really thought he was a lost dog at first.

But even if you let ure dog roam..why no collar??? that just makes no sense to me

Old February 22nd, 2009, 06:12 PM
Senior Contributor

I went to feed Diezel again today. He decided to lie down at my feet with all 4 paws in the air, eyes closed for some tummy scratches Some guard dog We played a bit of fetch, he returned the stick like 3/4 times but then he stopped going after it. Me thinks he's lazy lol

Old February 22nd, 2009, 07:59 PM
Senior Contributor

Oh, he's got a friend! That's cute. The other dog looks like some hound mix. He looks like a boxer/beagle to me.

That's unbelievably irresponsible of the neighbor. I mean, to let their dog just run around like that, and I kind of feel bad for Diezel. He only gets feed when someone can get out to him, and the other dog probably goes home to more food after he/she has eaten Diezels.

But I guess it's nice that he's got a friend to hang out with though.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old February 23rd, 2009, 07:45 AM
Senior Contributor

Onster,I knew it,he just wants lovin',not a mean bone in his beautiful body
The thought of just throwing his food over the fence,like some Zoo animal,just did not sit right with me.
I don't certainly know too much about dogs,but you can usually tell if a dog is going to be aggressive or not.
A lot of people get anxious passing by Fate(neighbors Husky),because she runs along the fence when people pass by,but they should be more worried about little Bailey(Cocker)who barks and growls at most strangers....she is a good dog though