Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Breed characteristics and traits > Breed bans - BSL - Pit Bull bans

Old April 4th, 2011, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erykah1310 View Post
I'm not sure if I am reading this wrong or not, but are you saying that someone who has trouble reading/writing ect should not own a dog?
If so, that is extemely horrible to say. I have an ex who was illiterate but the KINDEST person to animals I have ever seen. He may not have been able to read or write (well) but he knew how to take care of a dog regardless.
Just sayin...
No no,they are saying the opposite. That if there were rules to having an animal. Like proper home,training..blah blah that those people with difficulties reading writing,or another issue do not have a balanced income will lose out on owning an animal.
Old April 4th, 2011, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erykah1310 View Post
I'm not sure if I am reading this wrong or not, but are you saying that someone who has trouble reading/writing ect should not own a dog?
If so, that is extemely horrible to say. I have an ex who was illiterate but the KINDEST person to animals I have ever seen. He may not have been able to read or write (well) but he knew how to take care of a dog regardless.
Just sayin...
Brandon suggested policing the acquisition of dogs, including a written test. I was disagreeing with him because of people just like your ex who would be unfairly eliminated.
Old April 5th, 2011, 09:39 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon W View Post
No im not part of those groups,just started having these problems with people in my area. HOw would i join those groups ? Im very interested in them. This breed has such a bad rep. People here are the same,if you mention pittys or have one your the devil.
I've sent this info to you by PM as well per your request but here it is for all:

www.stopk9profiling.com is a good first stop as a resource for neighbourhood groups and political activism. The Co-op is headed up by a Pets member (who we do not see enuf of here <hint hint Ms. Debs>) http://www.pitbullcoop.2ya.com/ They have weekly walks and lots of special events. There are many Canada/ USA BSL groups on FB but they'll be able to hook you up.

Pibbles
Old April 5th, 2011, 09:47 PM
Blue eyed funny farm

Thanks for clearing that up, I sort of figured I was reading it wrong.
Seeing as though I am still good friends with that particular ex and he is my current mans good friend as well, I, in a heart beat, if I had to rehome any of my dogs would send one to him with out a second thought.

Besides any sort of policing or permits ect that would be required to own a dog would not work, although in a perfect world there would be ways to ensure only the best suitable candiates for everything from parenthood to pet ownership would have that right... however, even simple things such as the gun registry are complete fails.