Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog food forum

Old March 10th, 2011, 07:22 PM

Lifetime Dog food

Hello Everyone,
Has anyone heard of Lifetime dog food? They sell it at Global pets, and it is a 33lb bag for $35? We are on the hunt for a new food as we can't really afford to feed both the dogs Acana anymore. I looked up there website and it is being updated shortly so I can't find out the ingredients. The girl at global said that it is by product, corn, wheat, and soy free? Let me know if anyone has heard of it, and knows anything about it! Thanks so much!
Old March 10th, 2011, 07:44 PM
-

I've seen it at Global, the owner thinks it is good value for money. It has Oatmeal as an ingredient......I too feed Acana but maybe in the not too distant future may have to go this route also.
Old March 10th, 2011, 07:52 PM
-

Here is a link to the ingredients:

http://www.petacular.com/canine-plus...-582-prd1.html
Old March 10th, 2011, 08:24 PM
chronically insane.

Amount of meat is questionable, but looks like a quality food. I'd email them and ask about their 'natural flavours'. Also, are all the ingredients domestic based & not imported from China?

~ RIP Timmy ~ May 2009 - November 6th 2009
Old March 12th, 2011, 08:14 PM

If you're close to a SuperStore (Loblaws) check out their President's Choice Nutrition First Salmon & Potato. It looked like it had good ingredients and I think they had a chicken based one as well. We used to feed Abee Acana but it got too expensive for the pocket book. She's on Costco's Chicken & Rice right now but it's a long drive to Regina even though the price is decent.
Old April 9th, 2011, 06:31 PM

Nutreco Lifetime Dog and Cat Foods

This is a very high quality 100% Canadian made food for all life stages. It is an awesome food for the price! This company stands behind their products and certifies their ingredients, which means what is printed on the label is actually in the food.

They also make the Wholesome Blend lines: Healthy Grains and Grain Free.
Obviously these lines are a step up in quality as they are introducing fruits/vegetables and higher meat content. The grain free line is also potato and egg free.

Nutreco is located in St. Mary's Ontario, Canada.
Old April 11th, 2012, 10:23 AM

Canine Plus Lifetime

This is an awsome dog food, I have been feeding my bulldog this all his life, you can only get this at a pet food store, runs about $40 every few weeks.

Canine Plus Lifetime Dog Food - is an excellent quality dog food at a

reasonable price. All formulas are corn free, wheat free and by-product free with no artificial chemicals, colorings or preservatives. Four formulas to choose from. Suitable for all life stages.

Lifetime Chicken & Oatmeal

Ingredients: Chicken Meal, Oatmeal, Whole Barley, Chicken & Turkey Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols, a source of Vitamin E), Canola Meal, Whole Brown Rice, Flaxseed, Natural Flavours, Herring Oil (source of DHA/EPA), Sodium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Calcium carbonate, Dicalcium phosphate, Manna oligosaccharides (MOS), Chicory Inulin (FOS), Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Chondroitin sulphate, (Vitamins) Vitamin supplements (A,D,E), Niacin, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Biotin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin B12, Vitamin K, Folic Acid (Minerals) Zinc Sulphate, Ferrous Sulphate, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite, Chelated Minerals (Zinc, Copper, Manganese, Iron), Manganese Sulphate, Copper Sulphate

Guaranteed Analysis:

Crude Protein - 25.0% min.

Crude Fat - 15.0% min.

Crude Fiber - 3.0% max.

Moisture - 10.0% max.

Omega 6 Fatty Acids - 2.80%

Omega-3 Fatty Acids - 0.25%

Calorie Content: 406 kcal/cup
Old August 20th, 2013, 09:31 AM

Lifetime dog food

Hi, I also just saw this food recently & liked the price compared to what I'm feeding now (Performatrin Ultra Grain Free.) Check out this link, though - it's not as good a quality as it may seem at first glance.

http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-fo...time-dog-food/

Guess you do sometimes get what you pay for.