Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog food forum

Old February 23rd, 2014, 03:21 PM

Please help me and my dog

hello, i have recently (10 days ago) rehomed a dog from the RSPCA shes is a 3 year old husky X labradore and they where feeding her chappie and recommended i continue feeding it to her but she seems to have dioreah when she eats this. So i took her to the vet and they didnt really help or advice me but they told me to put her on a complete dog food with chicken and rice such as burns but is expensive wich i do not have the money for so what food can i get for a dog that wont upset her stomach but also be a decent price and something she can eat as she is not eating the new wagg compleate for sensitive stomach with chicken and rice. She eats the horrible chappie but wont even touch the wagg dog food.
Please help
Old February 23rd, 2014, 05:45 PM
Senior Contributor

You should call RSPCA and let them know what is going. I find it odd that they would tell you keep feeding your dog the same food if giving him diarrhea . Did the vet check your to see if he has any health issues? I was told to put my dog on a one day fast of no food and to leave the water bowl for my dog when he has diarrhea then feed him a little food for his first meal .
Old February 23rd, 2014, 07:58 PM
Senior Contributor

I don't know what foods are available to you in Britain? But to try and help with the diarrhea you can cook some ground beef and rice mix and feed for a couple of days. I would also rinse any fat off of the beef before feeding. Can you buy canned pumpkin? not the pie filling but just straight pumpkin. Feeding a tablespoon or so may also help to firm up his poops.

Bless you for adopting from a shelter! We will need to see pictures of your new family member too.
Old February 24th, 2014, 08:23 AM
Senior Contributor

Absolutely try ground beef and rice just for a few days. I had a retriever that had these symptoms often. He used to drink lake water, we think was the problem. Have you feed him any bones?
Old February 24th, 2014, 09:25 AM

You should try blue dog food. It ALWAYS Has Real Meat as the First Ingredient, ALWAYS Includes Veggies and Fruit, NEVER Has Chicken (or Poultry) By-Product Meals, NEVER Has Artificial Colors, Flavors or Preservatives, and NEVER Has Corn, Wheat or Soy. Which makes it the best and affordable. If you go to this website you can get coupons and get around $3 off the dog food the website is below my post:

http://bluebuffalo.com/dog-food-comp...true-blue-test

: ( : ( : ( : ( : ( : (