Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old October 19th, 2005, 08:37 PM

Sheltie Lost

Hi There, We lost our beloved sheltie on Monday afternoon. She was staying with our breeder/handler as she was to be in a show this weekend. She escaped from her home unfortunately. She was last seen on Old Madoc Rd. in Madoc/Belleville area. She is a sable/white, female, 3 yrs old, very friendly,answers to "Abbey". She was spotted on Wednesday but the people tried to run after her which made her run even faster(please don't chase lost dogs). We are heartbroken, she is a cherished member of our family and my little shadow. Please if you have any info on my little girl please email me at steveandjoanna@rogers.com. I am from Newmarket so its heartwrenching knowing she is running around Belleville area somewhere and I am way down here.

Last edited by Sheltielover; October 19th, 2005 at 08:45 PM.
Old October 19th, 2005, 09:41 PM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

Please don't take this the wrong way but I would suggest you go to Belleville and try to find her. She knows you, ,loves you and trusts you so maybe if you hunt around where she was at and bring a few articles of worn clothing she might go back to the spot. Newmarket to Belleville really is not too long a trip for a dog you love. Also, have you contacted Kingston Humane Society, Quinte Humane Society, etc... as they are all shelters in the surrounding area who may have received her. Just some thoughts. I hope you get her back soon.
Old October 20th, 2005, 06:22 AM

Hi BMD LOVER, I am heading there today and spending the whole day. My hubby and I took the day off work so we would have the whole day to search. Wish me luck, I hope we get some leads. Thanks for your reply
Old October 20th, 2005, 07:35 AM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

Keeping my that you have great success in finding her!
Old October 20th, 2005, 09:32 PM

Hi BMD Luver,

We went out and spent a good 8 hrs looking for her, recombing every spot over and over near were she has been seen and a good 2 miles around those areas as well . Calling and calling, but nothing. I feel so defeated. I cried all the way home. She will always be my heart dog....I pray that its not the end and I will hear some news soon. There is an ad in the paper tomorrow and Sunday out there. Thanks for your well wishes for today,I really wish I could have had a lead at least. I'm going to bed now,I'm exhausted.
Old October 21st, 2005, 06:45 AM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

Oh dear, I was praying you would find her. Have you contacted Sheltie Rescue in Niagara? Do you have a photo of her? I can crosspost all the details to multiple Ontario rescues if that would help?
Old October 21st, 2005, 10:14 AM

Have you contacted animal services??

When we lost our lab/sheppard cross animal services had him...

Good place to check out either way..

Hope you find her!!
Old October 21st, 2005, 08:18 PM

Hi,

I tried to post a pic of her, but I can't get it to work. Can I just send it to your email? I would appreciate ANY help I can get. Passing it along to shelters would be great!!!
Old October 21st, 2005, 08:24 PM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

Send it to teddyscaninerailroad@hotmail.com along with a description, who to contact, where last seen, where lost and I will post it across the rescue boards in Ontario who all have members of SPCA's in the lost area on them. Let's hope to get your little one home to you.
Old October 22nd, 2005, 12:06 AM

Sheltielover,I've gone through the emotions that you are going through and I deeply sympathize. I really hope that you find her and she comes home safely
Old October 22nd, 2005, 06:56 AM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

Abbey's photo.
Attached Images

Old October 23rd, 2005, 08:32 AM

Thank you BMD LUVER for posting picture of our missing "Abbey", I really appreciate it....
Old October 24th, 2005, 07:00 AM
Senior Contributor

Sheltielover I am so sorry that your little girl is lost. I know quiet a few people in the Belleville and surrounding area, if you like I could make up some posters and put them in the grocery stores, post offices ect. I will tell everyone I can think of and show her pic around work as well since alot of people I work with live in the area she was lost. I will also take a pic and description to QHS if you like.

I feel so bad for you, I can only imagine how you must be feeling right now.
Old October 24th, 2005, 08:41 AM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheltielover
Thank you BMD LUVER for posting picture of our missing "Abbey", I really appreciate it....
My pleasure. I have sent it out on the rescue boards that have members in Belleville and Kingston as well as to surrounding Ottawa just in case. The more it gets circulated the better the chances of finding her.
Old October 24th, 2005, 12:39 PM

Hi Toonces, yes I am feeling beside myself right now....I miss her like you wouldn't believe!!!! I would appreciate any help whatsoever that you could provide, ie posters etc. Thereis a flyer up in the QHS but thats all in Belleville, I believe. There was flyers scattered everywhere over Foxboro were she went missing from. I'm hoping for miracles!!!
Old October 24th, 2005, 12:41 PM

I also wanted to say thank you to everyone I can't believe the support you get from people on these boards, it means sooo much when you need all the help in the world!!!!!
Old October 24th, 2005, 04:34 PM
Senior Contributor

Consider it done, I will make some up tonite and put them up after work tomorrow, did anyone contact the local radio stations mix 97 and OJ 95? I can call if you like and have them put it on the air and there are a few local papers that could run a lost ad.

Please PM me with you phone # so I can put it on the flyers.

Again I am so sorry I hope your baby if found soon, safe and sound.
Old October 25th, 2005, 09:25 PM

Has anyone ever used or heard of someone using a animal communicator, My breeder got a reading tonight from one,as to where Abbey may be but was wondering what other peoples experience is with them?

Joanna
Old October 26th, 2005, 12:24 AM

Personally I've never heard of someone using an animal communicator, but I would try and use all means even if it sounded "out to lunch". Worst case scenerio..you would be at the same situation as you are now.It's worth a try I think Keep us posted
Old October 26th, 2005, 06:54 AM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

I'm a bit sceptical about animal communicators but I do know of people who have used them and swear to have had success. It won't hurt anything to try it.
Old November 2nd, 2005, 11:07 AM

The trap for Jasper is set and I am being cautiously optimistic. Because he is a big dog, the trap was very heavy, took two guys to carry it and was very tricky to set. Sigh. Good luck with Abbey's trap.
Old November 2nd, 2005, 03:14 PM
Senior Contributor

Sheltielover and Elaine all fingers, paws and anything that can be crossed is, lets hope these 2 babies are home safe and sound soon.
Old November 2nd, 2005, 05:17 PM
owned by Tucker

What a beautiful little girl, I love her star on her head, I hope you catch her soon
Old November 3rd, 2005, 07:46 AM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

My co-worker found a Sheltie in the Port Hope area, I know it's a long shot, but I emailed her a copy of this.

What is man without beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected.

~~Chief Seattle (Duwamish tribe)~~
Old November 3rd, 2005, 07:52 AM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

That would be wonderful if it was her!
Old November 3rd, 2005, 07:58 AM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMDLuver
That would be wonderful if it was her!
I hope so . I hope she's in today to get the email!!

What is man without beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected.

Old November 3rd, 2005, 09:12 AM

Hi Happy cats,

Thank you for forwarding this on to your friend,it is a bit of a long shot...BUT YOU NEVER KNOW! There was a Sheltie found in Colbourne over the weekend too and I was hoping it was her, but unfortunately it wasn't :sad: . I appreciate everyone keeping there eyes and ears open, I still have some hope my baby will be back....Once again Thank you, you guys are really great on this board!
Old November 3rd, 2005, 10:41 AM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheltielover
Hi Happy cats,

Thank you for forwarding this on to your friend,it is a bit of a long shot...BUT YOU NEVER KNOW! There was a Sheltie found in Colbourne over the weekend too and I was hoping it was her, but unfortunately it wasn't :sad: . I appreciate everyone keeping there eyes and ears open, I still have some hope my baby will be back....Once again Thank you, you guys are really great on this board!
This one was found hanging around a laundromat, just outside of Port Hope.
My co-worker is off today, but I have been assured this baby is being very well cared for until the owner is found.

Old November 3rd, 2005, 07:30 PM

I was sorry to hear another lead went south. I asked on the Jasper thread if you had mapped the sightings and their dates. If she is circling, you might try placing the trap, on her circuit. I wish you well on this one. They need to come home soon!
Old November 4th, 2005, 10:06 PM

Hi Elaine, We are trying to but they are always a couple of days between sightings, and shes not really into a pattern as per say. Shes kind of all over the board still. Need a recent sighting before trap goes up? How often do you check your trap by the way?

Joanna