Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Pets that have passed away - Rainbow bridge

Old November 24th, 2010, 10:49 AM

Really sorry to hear about your loss. I can identify.

What beautiful creatures. I hope you can find strength in the fact that they are together again.
Old November 24th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Senior Contributor

So sorry to hear about Keeper goldens are dear in my heart, I've had the pleasure of having two of them. Your pictures are stunning. for your two angels......
Old November 24th, 2010, 07:37 PM
Senior Contributor

My heart goes out to you both Rick and Carol. Keeper.
Old November 24th, 2010, 07:50 PM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

I am so very sorry, my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family during this very difficult time.
Be free sweet Keeper

What is man without beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected.

~~Chief Seattle (Duwamish tribe)~~
Old November 25th, 2010, 01:50 AM
Live well, laugh often

I love the picture of Abby & Keeper walking together on the ice . I am so sorry for your loss Rick .
Old November 25th, 2010, 06:54 PM

abbey and keepers passing

im so sorry to hear that both your dogs have recently passed over, they are both wonderful animals and you miss them dearly maybe youll see them in your dreams. memories will live forver in our hearts till the end of time
my deepest sympathy to you and blessing to keeper and abbey in heaven
wendy205
Old November 25th, 2010, 08:21 PM

I am so so very sorry for your loss my heart goes out to you and your wife... what a beautiful tribute in words and pictures you have provided here...

Abby and Keeper

“Dogs believe they are human. Cats believe they are God.”

"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person."
Old November 25th, 2010, 09:35 PM
Senior Contributor

Thank you for your sentiments everyone.

I was just outside in the pitch black of the evening, running downhill to the fence in my big boots through the deep snow under the crystal clear, starry night . . . . . and then I remembered Abby and I used to do that when she was a puppy, before Keeper even, although I had a leash on her as it was before our fence was up. She loved to do that.

And then I came back and there were Keeper's last footprints still embedded in light covering of snow on the deck . . . . . still don't have the heart to take the shovel to them. I'm sure I'll just let nature gradually wipe them away.

Little memories.

Here they were, below, Keeper and Abby, a few years ago, a happy moment. What was riveting their attention? It was a warm Spring day in King Canyon, Kananaskis Country, and they were watching tiny snowballs - mini-avalanches - coming off the nearby cliffside.

Thanks again.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca
Old November 26th, 2010, 05:40 AM
Senior Contributor

Rick, I'm so very sorry to hear about Keeper's passing. She was a beautiful pup. You and Carol gave her a wonderful ife.

Sweet Keeper

~Tegan 9 year old yellow lab~
~Wilbur 9 year old LH cat~
~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~O'Shawnnessey 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
~Mindy 7 yr old shih tzu~
~Dexter 10yr old Salmon (large goldfish)
Old November 26th, 2010, 12:18 PM
Senior Contributor

Rick my deepest condolences.

God Bless you Rick and your family for providing such a wonderful life for both Keeper and Abby. I have thoroughly enjoyed your pictures and the stories behind them. What wonderful keep sakes to remember both by.

In rescue, it is people like you that keeps that drive going for people like me and others. I am taking this opportunity to celebrate their lives as what you have given is truly inspirational.

RIP dear Keeper. Hugs to Abby. We will miss you both so very much.

Rick - I wish you much peace and strength. It truly has been an honor knowing who Keeper and Abby were...are. Bless your heart.
Old November 26th, 2010, 04:34 PM
owned by Tucker

You should market your pictures into postcards or something they are so amazing...The footprints in the snow remind me of the dog fur I use to find weeks after my dog died use to make me cry, I kept a little of it for the memories
Old November 26th, 2010, 09:03 PM
Senior Contributor
Typing Test Champion, Curveball Champion, Mahjong Champion, Zookeeper Champion

Rick, I'm so sorry. I haven't been here for a while and was sad to see the posts about the loss of both of your beautiful dogs. They had an amazing life with your family and I always loved all of your pictures of them. May they both rest in peace.

clm
Old December 15th, 2010, 10:37 PM

Rick I'm so sorry to hear that Keeper has passed as well for you & Carol.

sweet Keeper She is undoubtedly playing at the Rainbow Bridge with Abby leaving more tracks behind

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old December 16th, 2010, 07:50 AM
Senior Contributor

Rick and Carol, accept my condolences...what a beautiful pair they were. They seemed like two peas in a pod..always meant to be together, which is how they are today...still looking at tiny snowballs running down a mountain..painfree and carefree.
Bless you both for loving them
Old December 23rd, 2010, 04:55 PM

so sorry

Hello....My heart was so heavy reading your these posts. I too just lost my best friend recently. I had to put down my dog King on Dec 6th who was 14 years old, due to deterioration from severe osteoarthritis in all his limbs, hips, etc. We had tried everything over the years right down to replacing his ACL's, in order to prolong his life...which worked for a while. Anyhow, letting him go was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. I knew it was going to be devastating, but I didn't realize it was going to be THIS devastating! My heart is still aching for my pal. When I read your post, and saw those pics you put up, it was reading exactly how I feel....like someone else out there knows what I am going thru. I just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you....and that I hope my King is spending the holidays with your beloved pets at the bridge....take care! And Merry Christmas!
Old December 23rd, 2010, 10:57 PM
owned by Tucker

friendlygal I think we all feel the same when we lose a pet that we have been so close to, I still miss my dog that was put to sleep 7 years ago next month, its never easy sorry for your loss
Old December 24th, 2010, 02:22 PM
Senior Contributor

Ric, my deepest condolences. I haven't been around much and just discovered that both Abby and Keeper have passed on.
I have always loved reading about their adventures and looking at your pictures. Both Abby and Keeper, had the most amazing lives with you and your wife.
RIP Abby and Keeper
Wendellan~ Feline~ 10(ish)
Theedee~Feline~10(ish)
"Da-Goob"~ APBT/Dogo x (5-6ish)

"My Pitbulls are better behaved than your kids!" (my favorite bumper sticker)
Old December 26th, 2010, 10:25 PM
Senior Contributor

Oh, Rick, I am so very sorry. I too haven't been on in way too long and so just now saw your post. I am smiling through tears at your beautiful tribute. It has been such an honor to share your amazing girls with you over the years through your beautiful stories and pictures. Please know we are thinking of you during this difficult time.
Old January 12th, 2011, 11:57 AM

I understand

I know how you feel about your dog Keeper, as I had to let my lab go on Dec.26,2010. He was full of arthritis and unable to even stand anymore.So after 11 years it was time to end his pain and suffering.On Dec.31,2010 we adopted a german shepherd from a rescue group. We love this dog as much as we loved our Lab.Our lab will always be in our hearts and we have the pictures to help us along.
Old January 13th, 2011, 04:06 AM

Keeper Abby

I am new to this list.
I hope you will allow me to send you all our love from all our furry family.This is a memory for me. Sad time.
I had a keeper of my own long ago. And I have an Abby now.

How lovely that they filled your heart and made you happy. How lovely that you filled there hearts and made them happy

Blessings