Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old September 18th, 2009, 02:09 PM

do you feel guilty

when your in bed and your dog/cat falls asleep on you and your legs are falling asleep and you need to move but they are so comfortable that you suffer and let them sleep? I am so guilty for doing this. MY dogs sleep on my feet and my cat will sleep at my back. I really don't mind them doing that but if i get cramped and need to roll over or something I feel guilty if i disturb them.
Old September 18th, 2009, 02:17 PM
Geek Club CEO

Guilty? HECK no! I'm more like:

"Boo, will you get your butt off my cheek *shove shove* and give me some breathing room?!?! *kick kick*"
Jaida - GSD - tripod trainwreck and gentle soul (4)
Heidi - mugsly Boston Terrier X - she is in BIG trouble!!! (3)
Audrey - torbie - sweet as pie (11 months)
Patrick - blue - a little turd (but we like him anyways) (6 months)
Old September 18th, 2009, 02:19 PM
Senior Contributor

DH doesn't allow our two dogs onto the bed which is fine because it's just a double bed and with both of us there's just not room for two 70 lb dogs. But, before DH, when I had my own queen bed they slept on my bed sometimes. Shadow (the older of the two) has space issues though, and if I moved and even shifted the sheets a bit and she felt it she'd grumble at me and leave So I never had to feel guilty about "making" them move. They'd leave on their own because I was annoying them - sorrrrry!
Old September 18th, 2009, 02:26 PM
Senior Contributor

My back, neck and shoulders are all in a cinch because my animals will NOT move over and if I should move, there are protests. In their mind, I am the one that should move over and they have the pillow, blankets and whatever else they desire.

I am a complete slave to my pets.....
Old September 18th, 2009, 02:32 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendyfoot View Post

"Boo, will you get your butt off my cheek *shove shove* and give me some breathing room?!?! *kick kick*"
ABUSE, THAT IS ABUSE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Dancer View Post
DH doesn't allow our two dogs onto the bed which is fine because it's just a double bed and with both of us there's just not room for two 70 lb dogs. But, before DH, when I had my own queen bed they slept on my bed sometimes. Shadow (the older of the two) has space issues though, and if I moved and even shifted the sheets a bit and she felt it she'd grumble at me and leave So I never had to feel guilty about "making" them move. They'd leave on their own because I was annoying them - sorrrrry!
Ummmm, that's why they have king size beds

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMax View Post
My back, neck and shoulders are all in a cinch because my animals will NOT move over and if I should move, there are protests. In their mind, I am the one that should move over and they have the pillow, blankets and whatever else they desire.

I am a complete slave to my pets.....
Now that is the proper way to treat your pet

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old September 18th, 2009, 02:37 PM

some nights i am sleeping diagional on my bed and hubby is folded up in the fetal position so that dogs can have a pillow and blanket.
Old September 18th, 2009, 02:43 PM
Geek Club CEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post
ABUSE, THAT IS ABUSE!!!
pfffffft. I really see no need for a mouthful of cat, um, bum, at 2 a.m.
Old September 18th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
You are a BIG MEANIE Bendy!
Old September 18th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Geek Club CEO

Ok, you find me a cat anus that's pleasant to have on your nose in the middle of the night and I'll wear the "meanie" label.

besides, I never said I was nice
Old September 18th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Ok, you find me a cat anus that's pleasant to have on your nose in the middle of the night and I'll wear the "meanie" label.

besides, I never said I was nice
Meanie, Meanie BIG HUGE MEANIE! (Note to self: going to the shelther to sniff anus' and WILL find a nice smelling one....will send to BIG Meanie and send T-shirt with writing: BIG MEANIE SMELLS CAT BUTTS AND LIKES IT!
Old September 18th, 2009, 02:57 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

Quote:
Meanie, Meanie BIG HUGE MEANIE! (Note to self: going to the shelther to sniff anus' and WILL find a nice smelling one....will send to BIG Meanie and send T-shirt with writing: BIG MEANIE SMELLS CAT BUTTS AND LIKES IT!
personally i would at this point be willing to say that even tho bendy is mean, cat butt does smell and not go and willingly smell cat butts. Benmax you really do need a vacation hon..

And sorry ladies but no guilt here making them move, at 110lbs qman can put a leg to sleep in seconds.
Old September 18th, 2009, 02:58 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
personally i would at this point be willing to say that even tho bendy is mean, cat butt does smell and not go and willingly smell cat butts. Benmax you really do need a vacation hon..

And sorry ladies but no guilt here making them move, at 110lbs qman can put a leg to sleep in seconds.
You'z be a meanie too Aslan
Old September 18th, 2009, 03:02 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

no i'm not a meanie, they get to sleep on the bed all sprawled out with Grace when she's on nights, they have free rain of the couch and bed just not on my legs.
Old September 18th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Senior Contributor

Cat-butts do NOT smellI love my three little cat-butts,hubby thinks I am a pervert
Old September 18th, 2009, 04:36 PM

chico i am with you on this one! I love kitty bums they are too adorable and when my guy sleeps on the bed beside me with his butt close to me... i dont move him

I got my sister kitty butt magnets for christmas one time... she has them all over her fridge, wonder what people might think....

“Dogs believe they are human. Cats believe they are God.”

"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person."
Old September 18th, 2009, 04:38 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by maneater View Post
some nights i am sleeping diagional on my bed and hubby is folded up in the fetal position so that dogs can have a pillow and blanket.
that's what is required when you own a pet.

Quote:
But they are purring and require attention or warmth

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
Cat-butts do NOT smellI love my three little cat-butts,hubby thinks I am a pervert
Never have had a stinky cat butt in my face either, kitty fur smells wonderful

Aslan it's ok for you to have your "comments" because you are allergic .

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old September 18th, 2009, 05:38 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
*ROTFLMBO*

I hate moving my kitties when they are in bed with me. I feel so guilty when I ask them to move just an inch that I rarely move them. They are so soft and cuddly I just love listening to their happy purrs and I know they trust me not to squish them...which is a lot of trust cause I move back and forth all night long. We only have a double bed but we don't mind. Hubs loves to have the kitties sleep on him too.

Debbie

~Tegan 9 year old yellow lab~
~Wilbur 9 year old LH cat~
~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~O'Shawnnessey 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
~Mindy 7 yr old shih tzu~
~Dexter 10yr old Salmon (large goldfish)
Old September 18th, 2009, 06:49 PM
-

Thanks love4... now i would like to correct that the boys do sleep on the bed, qman across the bottom and bay is usually between me and grace. now if i get up to pee then it's a battle for me to get back into bed as the little guy can take up an extraordinary amount of space and if i tell him to move i get, grrrr grrrrr grrrr snort, pfft.
Old September 18th, 2009, 07:48 PM
Senior Contributor

I'm not sure I'd use the word guilty, but when they're all nice and comfy and snuggled up to me I hate to disturb them, and I'm very slow to get up in the morning when they just keep snuggling closer. If I'm the first one going to bed I'll make them move over and give me space to get in. If dh is there first and the dogs are crowded on my side I try to squeeze in without disturbing them so that they in turn don't disturb him. It's a tight fit when 2-3 dogs are in my space on a double bed Tight can be a good thing though, it's cozy and warm. Dh likes to tuck the covers under his arm which leaves it drafty for me (I like the covers up to my neck) but with doggies all tucked up close it's much better. Rain is the littlest and she likes to sleep between us and Lightning sleeps near the bottom of the bed so I tuck my feet under him. Sometimes Rain will move over to the outside edge and curl up against my stomach or if she gets down that is the spot Dru will take. When I do feel a bit guilty is when they lie down on my feet in the kitchen and then I have to move to do something. Flurry especially seems to like to do that, wanting to be close and using my feet for a pillow. And then there's Dru, there's times when it seems like I'll never get anything done because he's just so darn happy and huggable. He sits there smiling at me all the time and I have to stop what I'm doing to hug him. Then he snuggles up into my neck and just stays there. How can you do any work when you have to hug your puppy?

If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion!

http://www.racingrescues.com
http://www.goodbyegoose.com

Last edited by Gail P; September 18th, 2009 at 07:53 PM.
Old September 18th, 2009, 07:56 PM
Garden nut

I don't feel guilty about moving them at all! Sandy doesn't like getting on the bed and actually refuses when we ask her if she wants up there. Sheeba LOVES the bed and will stretch right out and take up as much room as a person if we let her. Linx sleeps on the spare bed in another room and our new kitty Jasper snuggles up between Sheeba and me.

I have to tell Sheeba to wait before getting on the bed and I get my fair share of covers before she's allowed up. If I don't make her wait I get no covers at all because she weighs them down. Blankets are hard to move when 75 pounds of dog is laying on top. If DH gets to bed before me, Sheeba is in my spot and refuses to move and I have to firmly command that she move to make room for me.

If during the night Sheeba begins to take up too much room we have to turn on the lights and physically move her, otherwise she won't move at all. I call her "doorstop" because we can just move her around and she won't even bother lifting her head up.
Sandy Belle Sheeba - born 11/14/07 at 12:30 pm Linx Jasper
Old September 18th, 2009, 08:15 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Soooooo, I am thinking the only real meanie is Bendyfoot

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

Old September 18th, 2009, 08:38 PM
-

now seriously does this face look hard done by to you...so must just be bendy.
Attached Images

Old September 18th, 2009, 09:44 PM
-

omg I looooove that pic of Quincy !!!!

Quote:

I'm with you on that one ! Sienna wants to lay on my pillow , I just pick up the comforter and move her so she sleeps right behind my head. Mind you , I only take a few inches , if I move a bit , I fall off the bed ! Foster Jack will be right behind my back (I sleep on my side) at 6 lbs , I can't feel a thing and Nelly will wait until we're all settled in , to take the edge of the bed. If she sleeps on her doggy bed , I cover her with her blankie. Bailey doesn't wake up anymore when we go to bed so he spends the night in the living room :sad: but if he does wake up , I always coax him to get on the bed.

Kitties are having kitties parties at night so I don't have to share the bed with them
Old September 19th, 2009, 04:56 AM
I'm a softy

Haha! I am going through this right now! I dont have to be up at this time, so i am in bed, on pets from my phone and i have to pee very bad! But tickles is snuggled in her chin on my chest and her paws streched across me! So cute! I always feel guilty! I dont wanna move when they just snuggle in!
Adoptee Prada crazy dog extrodinaire
Tickles Tortie cat the owns my daughter
Old September 19th, 2009, 05:46 AM
I'm a softy

this is why i still have not gone pee! Could you move this? When she is purring and kissing me?. . . . . .notice the lightning mcqueen sheets. . I got roped into sleeping in his bed. .

The next pic is what is at the end of the bed, my son is sprawled beside me. . And yup. ,a twin bed, now we know why i am not asleep. .
Attached Images

Adoptee Prada crazy dog extrodinaire
Tickles Tortie cat the owns my daughter
Old September 19th, 2009, 01:40 PM

yes I am a total slave to my animals. Some times at night if I get up to use the bathroom and I go back and they are spread out I will just go and sleep on the couch. You could not believe how much room 2 chi's can take up on a queen sized bed. My cat usually sleeps on me and my other cat sleeps with my son on the top bunk. How she gets up there is anybodys guess.
Old September 19th, 2009, 02:48 PM
Senior Contributor

Oh, I totally missed this thread. Yeah, I'm pretty much locked in place with mine. The only time I do actually move them, is if one is laying between my legs. I have to be able to move my legs.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old September 19th, 2009, 03:08 PM
Senior Contributor

i wont move for a bout half an hour or something but then i get numb and all guilt flies out the window lol

"No, Bunduk, Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!"
Old September 19th, 2009, 04:19 PM

The dogs sleep on the main leval and the cats sleep with me. I have to have my pillow about a foot from the edge of the bed because Kali has claimed that spot as her own. If I take too long, she claims the middle of my pillow and I have to work around her. Once I'm in bed, Caesar will drape himself over one ankle, Sable will claim the other and Fluffy will lay on my other side. I feel bad when I have to make them move and that's only when my legs are cramping so bad I begin to wonder if I'll ever walk again if I don't move right away. Yep, my cats rule me.

Caesar (Egyptian Mau/DSH X) - 7 yrs
Sable (Egyptan Mau/DSH X) - 6 yrs
Fluffy (Domestic Long Hair) - 4 yrs
Kali (Calico DSH) - 2 yrs?
Pandora (White Shepherd) - 2 yrs
Loki (Caucasian Ovcharka) - 7 mths
Angelique (Egyptian Mau/DSH X) - November 7, 2002 to May 2008

"We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all.
It's the best deal man has ever made." -M. Acklam
Old September 19th, 2009, 04:49 PM
Sleep..What is that?!?

My Messina has taken to sleep on the bed now...her face is ALWAYS pressed into mine or under my chin...if I move, she will grab at my face with her hand...it's cute...except when her nails need clipping

Seth sprawls on the bed by himself...uses the pillow...have found him under the covers with his head on the pillow...still too shy to actually sleep with us at night, but I am sure the day will come!

Mom to
Seth - Brown Tabby
Messina - Blonde Tabby