Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Off topic forum

Old September 16th, 2009, 03:46 PM
Senior Contributor

Update

Just wanted to update anyone who's interested. Sorry ive been largely MIA from the board, except for one or 2 threads.

Im living in guelph now..first few nights were rough..im 23 and im not too ashamed to say it, i missed my mommy lol but then i went right home for the weekend so it was ok. I guess it didnt help that bro and dad were visiting and its still ramadan so it was like a family party back in waterloo. I'm getting used to it though, making new friends etc. It is nice to have my own space.

Unfortunately, the kitties *both* didnt come with me! i have a new set of kitty bowls in my appartment as well as a few beds and everything but i didnt think it would be right to bring one/both of the cats now while im still going bk home every chance i get...dont wanna stress them out. Bunduk is fairly good in the car but im sure he would still get stressed and i didnt want to flare up his respiratory issues (herpes virus).

WHen i went back last weekend Onnie just climbed all over smelling me, then lost interest fairly quick. Bunduk on the other hand he gave me the cold shoulder! didnt even get off the cat tree when i went over for hugs n cuddles But then that night he crawled under the covers, right next to my chest to sleep all in all im not sure they really care i left

I do read around the board though and hope to posting soon again, will probably do some major posting this weekend, right after i get caught up on all my reading gah. behind already lol.

Hope all is well with everyone

"No, Bunduk, Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!"
Old September 16th, 2009, 03:53 PM
Senior Contributor

Onster,I think it's a good idea to leave Onnie and Bunduk in the home they know and love.
You'll still see them every week-end and they won't forget you
Old September 16th, 2009, 05:01 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Awww, Bunduk did miss you, giving you the cold shoulder is his way of telling you he is not impressed . I had a cat who used to do that.

I agree with chico, if you are going home regularly, then they are better off at home.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old September 16th, 2009, 05:18 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

I was just thinking about you the other day. I was hoping you were settling and adjusting to being away from home. It's tough. Girls seem to take it harder than boys. At least some girls. My oldest stepson is in London. He is fine. His dad is a mess!

No doubt about it. Both kitties are better off in the home they know. My Pepe gave me the cold shoulder every time we went away for the weekend. When he decided he wanted attention he came to us. Much like Bunduk did you.
If you are really missing kitties I have a couple gorgeous gray ones looking for a good home. I would not hesitate to let you have one or both.
Old September 16th, 2009, 05:33 PM
Senior Contributor

chico...i hope they wont forget me :sad:

L4H...it was weird, at first he couldnt be bothered with me, then he stuck to me like glue. he hardly ever goes under the covers with me but he stayed there for agoog 6 hours my first night back. the 2nd night he slept next to my head. bunduk never actually sleeps on my bed, always on his basket next to my bed..or on my bed for a few mins then jumps off to his basket

14+, i do agree with u re: the boy and girl thing. at least thats what ive heard from my guy friends (tht they dont get homesick quite as bad). Which kitties are u talkign about?? did u find more! oh boy. I wish i could..but i dont think it would be right. I am definately going to try and get into fostering...maybe like meg did when she was in school?...unless ur looking for foster help with ure kitties (now or in the future)? and thank u, re: not hesitating to let me have one...it really means a lot from you. I know how hard it is to trust new homes for our 'babies'.

anyhoo i have a night class @ 7!! ack...off i go!

* i must not log in again till I'm all caught up on readings/cleaning* *procrastination this early in the semester is baaaaaaad* lol

Old September 16th, 2009, 05:37 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Here's the thread about the newbies onster. Enjoy!!

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=65453
Old September 16th, 2009, 06:47 PM
Senior Contributor

Onster, I can tell you that when both my female cousins got married, they spent their honeymoon night calling home and crying because they missed their parents so much. So don't feel too bad.

I have to say, I think it's a good idea leaving Onnie and Bunduk at home. It's their home and they are used to it, and likely you will be doing a lot of studying so you may not be able to spend much time with the one you take with you. On the weekends, you can relax and spend all the time in the world with them.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old September 16th, 2009, 06:53 PM
Molly's mama

glad to hear you are settled in and doing well.
I agree about girls having it tougher- I will admit- I am afraid of the dark!!!! So whenever I am home alone at night I become a big scaredy cat!!!
Glad to hear you will still get to see your boys. I bet they won't hold it against you! Hopefully your parents are spoiling them while you are gone!!
Old September 16th, 2009, 08:44 PM
-

Congratulation on your "new" life onster ! I hope you get to enjoy living on your own like I did when I got my first appartement , I just loved it

don't worry about the kitties , they still love you !
Old September 16th, 2009, 09:41 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Yay for settling into your new apartment! Bunduk and Onnie will forgive you as long as you continue to spend your weekends with them. Your mom must be happy, too, seeing as how she gets the kitties for the rest of the week

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old September 17th, 2009, 01:08 PM
I'm a softy

awww, I think you are doing the right thing, if you are busy during the week it would be best to have them where you can be with them when you have spare time, don't worry it is not forever, and soon they will be with you all the time, you are doing it to better your fur family, they will love you for it! Sounds like they are happy and loved while they are waiting for you!!! I know that doesn't make it easier, and we would all miss our babies to be away from them, but they wont stop loving you. Glad to hear you are enjoying it! Good luck, I wish you many many more successes!
Adoptee Prada crazy dog extrodinaire
Tickles Tortie cat the owns my daughter
Old September 17th, 2009, 05:39 PM
You can call me DOG!

's and 's

Congratulations on the move and hope you're enjoying. When our daughter left for university 3 years ago, Kitty was the same way but now it seems like their closer than ever when she comes home for visits. humph...tough love maybe?

Rest in Peace Bailey: 12/10/95-1/9/09 (Golden Retriever)
Rest in Peace Kitty: 7/1/2000 - 10/7/2013
Rest in Peace Gryphon (sounds like Griffin): 10/15/2004 - 11/18/2017 (English Springer Spaniel)
Bella: 3/09/2005 LHD Cat adopted by/from Child
Mollie: 6/2/2009 (English Setter)
Old September 18th, 2009, 01:46 PM
Senior Contributor

Good to hear you are settling in well. Yes the kitties will learn to forgive you, as long as you lavish them with extra lovins when you visit. My oldest cat used to ignore us for three days if we went away anywhere. He'd follow me around and meow soooo loud at me, then as soon as I turned to talk to him or pet him he'd turn butt to me and flit his tail up and walk away all indignant. On day three he'd come back to mom for snuggles. Always the same routine. The other one was much quicker to forgive. They will just learn that this is the new regular routine and adjust. They still wuvs you.
Old September 19th, 2009, 03:05 PM
Senior Contributor

thanks evryone for all ure support and sharing ure experiences

i think i did make the rigth decision, tho i really do miss my furries.

Guess what I came back to this weekend....i was looking for bunduk and at first didnt find him...but then i stepped in my moms room and all his toys were on her bedroom floor :sad: these are the toys he would bring me at night, my pressies. He has been regifting!!!! Lol that ******* haha