Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old February 9th, 2009, 02:42 PM
-

Good Job on getting the kitten Now she stands a good chance of finding a loving home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post
I know you mentioned Montreal area fosters, but my offer for fostering the pregnant momma still stands if you are desperate.
So nice of you L4H
Old February 9th, 2009, 02:57 PM
-

I'm so glad you caught the wee baby girl. .......and, with your special care she will be looking much better in no time.

Good luck with catching the rest.
Old February 9th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Senior Contributor

L4H....how would I get her to you..:sad:I would need time for transportation...and I don't think she's going to wait..it look slike she's due any time now. But thanks anyway
Old February 9th, 2009, 05:22 PM
Senior Contributor

cpietra,she has eyes just like my Vinnie,if she is well enough,I am sure it won't be difficult finding her a home
The little black momma is just precious,hopefully she'll have a safe delivery...are they all in fosterhomes right now??
L4H,if anyone knows how to bring up kitty babies it's you,thank you for offering to take this preggers kitty.
Probably caught just in time
Old February 9th, 2009, 05:51 PM
Senior Contributor

I'm diving in, so to speak....I will be tempting to give this little China Doll a well needed bath...I have the flu which I hope she can sense it and be very kind to me while I try to bath ourselves....I'm sure there is a white cat under all that gray....
Old February 9th, 2009, 08:18 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

How did the bath go?

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old February 9th, 2009, 08:20 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpietra16 View Post
I have the flu which I hope she can sense it and be very kind to me while I try to bath ourselves
Keep on praying cpietra , keep on praying
Old February 9th, 2009, 08:45 PM
~Cat Servent~

Aw... what a tiny little thing! Hope she lets you clean her up and flourishes now! and Hope your bath goes better than my clean-up did!!!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old February 9th, 2009, 10:47 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

What a sweetie she is! Let's hope she co operates with the bathing. Although I would be tempted to get her checked out before putting her in water. Maybe just wet wipes for now?
L4H - you are an for offering to foster the momma and babies. You will be rewarded.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old February 9th, 2009, 10:59 PM

cpietra16 that's wonderful you got the baby Absolutely adorable even all dirty

for the bath & for getting better soon. It's a good thing I'm clear across the country I'd be so tempted to take that wee one home

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old February 10th, 2009, 06:42 AM
Senior Contributor

I also had the flu and thats my excuse for my donation going out late, it was picked up in yesterdays mail, sorry about the delay. So did the white kitty co operate?? she's a beauty and you can see the siamese back ground in her, especially her ears. How is momma cat doing??
Old February 10th, 2009, 07:52 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

That little kitten is white :sad:. Looks almost like it may have some siamese in her.

How is Ms Preggers doing? I hope the stress won't affect her birthing .

I don't mind arranging transportation for her but I do understand the logistics of being so far away from Montreal. I would hate to see this momma have to raise her babies in a cage, it is so stressful on them.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old February 10th, 2009, 08:24 AM
Senior Contributor

Instead of releasing the tomcats back, how about finding them homes? Sorry but i HATE to see any cat outdoors, having to fend from wildlife, other cats, traffic, people who do not have the best intentions, weather elements, no shelter, food, water, no vet care.

ACO22
Old February 10th, 2009, 08:47 AM
Senior Contributor

if you decide to take up love4himies offer, I'm halfway from montreal to where she lives (approx,) you are welcome to use my home for a halfway....
Old February 10th, 2009, 08:55 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO22 View Post
Instead of releasing the tomcats back, how about finding them homes? Sorry but i HATE to see any cat outdoors, having to fend from wildlife, other cats, traffic, people who do not have the best intentions, weather elements, no shelter, food, water, no vet care.

ACO22
Sometimes a lot easier said then done. Is it not better for semi feral cats to be s/n and released back to their normal environment where they know the area and are being fed than to be put in a cage and have no hope at all of being adopted? People do not adopt cats like this.
I do believe they have access to the warehouse? May not be ideal but they have shelter from the winter.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old February 10th, 2009, 09:35 AM
Senior Contributor

ACO,I agree with 14+,I know you know all about shelters,but a semi-feral Tom would more than likely be killed.
I had a big Tom here a few yrs back,whom I fed twice/day,our HS worked with me trying to catch him,but only to be neutered and released back here.
cpietra,like others have said,the China Doll,looks very much like a Siamese kitten,it's very possible she's grey not white,once she gets the dirt off.
Please be careful giving her a bath,we don't want you hurt on top of your flu
Kitty-Wipes work great...
Old February 10th, 2009, 09:36 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinda View Post
if you decide to take up love4himies offer, I'm halfway from montreal to where she lives (approx,) you are welcome to use my home for a halfway....
Thanks Melinda

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old February 10th, 2009, 09:45 AM
Senior Contributor

its the least I can do for you guys, you're all the hero's. so any help I can offer......
Old February 10th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Senior Contributor

Thanks to you all. Update: The little kitten never hissed, scratched, attacked me in any way. I she washed her with lukewarm water and some soap. She was very dirty...the water was extremely dirty...She will need a second bath but not until later. She has been thru so much. She has now found the comfort of the other cat under my bed. I hated to see her in the carrier for 2 days. She was very patient. She is staying close to the other cat, which I knew would happen, but unfortunately she is picking up the other cats fear of humans..so I think I screwed up again by releasing her. Anyway, they are both very lively at night. Angel keeps on crying for hours wanting out. She may be in heat. Not sure. They are eating very well. and ofcourse drinking as well.

As for the Tom, he would be better off back to the warehouse once he's fixed. The area is what he knows and they have built him a condo outside which he uses all the time. He comes in for his feedings and he seems very dirty but happy.

Now, accorfing to my foster mom, mommy is hours away from giving birth, I'm not sure how transportation will work. L4H.....I really appreciate your offer, I really really do...please pm me and let me know what your opinion is and how we can let this happen if at all possible.
Old February 10th, 2009, 12:42 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

ACO22, I understand your concern over the tom, in a home is always safer than in traffic. Depending on how feral this tom is, he may never be able to settle into a home environment. I had a semi feral as a teen and he would go crazy if he wasn't allowed outside. It was what he knew and he was happy doing that. Sometimes it is about quality of life over quantity.

cpietra, sent you a pm.

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

Old February 10th, 2009, 03:23 PM
Senior Contributor

I pm'd you L4H...
Old February 10th, 2009, 03:38 PM
Senior Contributor

Little Angel will get spayed on the 17th of this month....I am hoping to bring in the baby for a checkup at the same time.

Again, I want to thank you all for your donations...one cat at a time...
Old February 10th, 2009, 03:48 PM
Senior Contributor

you're very welcome cpietra16, I'm only sorry mine was late getting sent, hopefully you'll receive it tomorrow or thursday. it doesn't take long to add up if everyone were to send 5 or 10 dollars, and again, thank YOU for doing what you're doing, I know its not easy and will try to send more when I can.
Old February 10th, 2009, 05:56 PM
Senior Contributor

Thank-you Melinda, you are a gem
Old February 11th, 2009, 09:00 AM
Senior Contributor

I know what everyone is saying on here. At the shelter that I work for, we always give ferals a chance, and have fixed and released.

However in this situation, it seems inhumane to releasing them back to a envirnment where in the past, the cats were bring trapped and pts. Also the manager of the warehouse, doesn't really want these cats around. What if he turns around again and gets fed up and starts calling the city.

Yes, I agree that these tomcats should be fixed and released, if you can't find a good home. you would be surprised how many tom's come around. I just think that instead of putting them in a enivoment, where they do not have a proper food source, potable water and shelter on a daily basis. Why not release them to people who will take care of them, and they have barns. There these tom's can still be outdoors, but have the proper care.

ACO22
Old February 11th, 2009, 09:23 AM
150% PRO S/N

I can see your point too ACO22. However, I believe in this case they are being looked after by the people who work there. If the manager has weakened and decided to let some stay hopefully he will, in the future, ask to have the cats removed by the same methods as is in use now. Not having the city come and trap them. This is where the cats are used to being. They know all of the hidey spots, the warm spots, the safe spots.

You put them out on a farm they then have to find a spot that is safe from predators, resident cats, and farm animals. If some of these cats are older and set in their ways that is not a great situation either. Not to mention the fact that most farms are already overrun with cats. There is no guaranteeing they will get proper care on a farm. Lots of farmers get rid of them the old fashioned way........... :sad:

Just my

Old February 11th, 2009, 09:43 AM
Senior Contributor

ACO22..I know what you mean, however the manager had no idea that the city would get rid of them. When they called they were told that the cats were taken to the SPCA...that was a lie.

He never minded the cats, but in the last 2 years people have dumped other cats and the population boomed. They always had a great place..They were fed, housed and caught mice . It was a happy exsistance, until the new cats decided to use the warehouse as their litter box...
Old February 11th, 2009, 10:07 AM
Senior Contributor

ACO,I remember when Cat-Snatcher needed to relocate 5 cats she had been feeding outside,kittycpietra took in 2 of those cats,but the other 3 went to a farm where they offered to take them.
I don't know what happened to 2 of them,if they stayed or not,but one girl-kitty ran away into the wilderness,more than likely did not survive:sad:
That's what is scary with dropping cats at a farm:sad:
Old February 11th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpietra16 View Post
ACO22..I know what you mean, however the manager had no idea that the city would get rid of them. When they called they were told that the cats were taken to the SPCA...that was a lie.
Ok, so are you trying to do anything. I mean like I said in the past, this story just seems very fishy and everyone is just accepting it. First of all One, this city, company whatever haved lied to you. First alarm goes off. I would not doubt it, that this is some shady company...posing as officals. ANd yes, it DOES happen.

I find it strange that the city and the spca don't know their own policies. I also find it hard to believe that real city, would take this approach. There are laws in trapping, relocating, etc. It is law that strays have to be held for a number of x days (usually 3-5) before deceiding on what to do. Find it a home, or put it down. And a City is not going to go against these laws.

Has anyone even thought about calling the SPCA and telling what is going on and that it is the "city" that are the ones doing it? If not, I would be calling them.

Sometimes, you can't take stuff at face value. You have to dig a little deeper.

ACO22
Old February 11th, 2009, 09:29 PM
Senior Contributor

ACO, we know what the real story is and who has the contract to dispose of these animals. The city picks them up and brings them to the contractor who euthanizes them. It sounds fishy because it is fishy. Its hush hush.
It needs to be exposed but right now my concern is the rest of the cats. If someone who lives in that city wants to take the city down...all the power to them. If people knew what happened to the cats and dogs that were picked up by the city maybe they would stop calling for animal control and demand that the cities start by neuturing and spaying all their strays....period.