Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old November 30th, 2007, 12:06 PM

Angry The Poop Machine strikes again!

Oh,Man! She went outside to poop.....Got stuck halfway through.....Ran inside.....Jumped on on bed.....Jumped on our couch and slid her butt all over the rug. Gave her a major bath then spent the last 2 hours majorly cleaning the house and rugs.....My husband said she is a very lucky dog that we have her because most people would have gotten rid of her by now.....If we did,she'd go from home to home maybe to shelter to shelter and maybe abandoned. So,she's here to stay. But she really is a poop machine! I've been upset over Pepper and maybe she knows that. Maybe I haven't paid her as much attention as I should have. I don't know. But she's got my attention now! lol She is the sweetest thing but not real smart sometimes. Boo is so sweet. Goes outside and I never have to clean up after him. She has to have a poop check at the door!:head slap:

Last edited by Janie123; November 30th, 2007 at 02:08 PM.
Old November 30th, 2007, 12:15 PM
-

I'm sorry for the poop problem. I've been there. Cleaned up poop and diarya for 3 months straight , everyday ! But it did get better. Patience
Old November 30th, 2007, 12:21 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Poor baby! How badly she must feel when she does that to mommy.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old November 30th, 2007, 01:06 PM
Senior Contributor

Goodness, I've had a few poop issues myself this week. I know its not fun.

She might be reacting to the loss in the family too though. You might have to poop check that one for a while though.

I know I've been checking my two little ones, especially Maks every time I know they've gone to the litter box. Better safe than sorry.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old November 30th, 2007, 01:28 PM

Unhappy

I've had her for 2 years. She seems to get better then forgets. My husband knew I was not happy. She was hiding under some pillows after I gave her a bath,looking all pitiful. My husband said,"What did you DO,Bonnie?". She slid under the pillows talking to him."Rowr,Rowr,Rowr,barkety,bark,bar,Rowr". My husband said,"You better be quiet or she'll give you another bath." "Rowr,Rowr,Rowr,whine whine,whine,Rowr". Her fur is all wet and curly. She's so cute,really. But it is hard. I worry about sanitation. I clean and clean and clean.
*sigh* She's only 7 so I have more years of this!

Last edited by Janie123; November 30th, 2007 at 02:09 PM.
Old November 30th, 2007, 05:51 PM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

Could she be constipated? maybe it's getting stuck, and she can't help it?
Maybe a new food would help.
Is her fur long aroung her bum? I know our dog's poop used to get caught in her fur, and we would have the same problem as you (our long haired cat has the same problem) keeping the fur around her bum well trimmed helps alot.

I hope your poo poo problems go away soon!

What is man without beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected.

~~Chief Seattle (Duwamish tribe)~~
Old November 30th, 2007, 07:28 PM

I've had dogs all my life but honestly,never had one like this. Bonnie was a show dog. She doesn't know how to play and is terrified of a hand coming toward her. If we reach for her,she cringes and rolls on her back. If she thinks she has done something wrong,she scurries around and shakes like she's terrified. We have never hit her,yelled at her or done anything to scare her. We continue to be loving,showing her we are not going to hurt her. She must have lived her life in a crate and kennel for the first five years of her life. I know she had 3 puppies but we had her neutered. House training her has been almost impossible. She's better then she used to be. She tries to pee on throw rugs but any rug will do in a pinch. She does not poop in the family room or porch. But we have to keep the bedroom door shut and the gates up in the living room and dining room or she sneaks in there and poops. We have tried everything.
We will continue to try but she's a hard case. She's 7 and we have had her 2 years. Her owner/breeder gave her up because she kept getting away,digging under the fence and running away. I can tell this person was interested only in showing and breeding her because he could have taught her not to run away if he had really cared. It's obvious she was beaten when he did catch her. We tried to catch her and she was absolutely terrified. She'd run for blocks. We just talked to her quietly and pet her when we did catch her. She used to try to run away from us. When we did catch her,we just picked her up and loved on her. She no longer tries to run away.
She's so sweet but not as socialized as Boo. We will never give up on her though.