Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants

Old April 6th, 2011, 09:30 PM
Senior Contributor

Rant Rant Rant

I was in another site and this loser was talking about the wonderful kittens they just had. What makes them losers? They bred their rag doll cat...with it's own son.....And are so happy to have kittens.....Trailer trash.. And they wonder why one kitten died. Didn't take it to the vet, just let it die....UGH

I have just realized I developed an allergy.....I am now allergic to any form of stupid.

There ain't no cure for stupid ...... but we should make sure we laugh and point it out to everyone else
Old April 6th, 2011, 09:38 PM

This is just horrible..... and sad... and disgusting... and did i mention horrible??

though to be honest, i dont see why you would use the term trailer trash... living in a trailer or being poor has nothing to do with how someone treats animals.... just my but i think it can be quite offensive to some people when you use that term in such a way...

“Dogs believe they are human. Cats believe they are God.”

"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person."
Old April 6th, 2011, 09:44 PM
Senior Contributor

Trailer trash is just an expression. So, I will not be baited by that comment.

There ain't no cure for stupid ...... but we should make sure we laugh and point it out to everyone else
Old April 6th, 2011, 10:06 PM
-

LOL @ trailer trash .....although I don't live in one I sure wish I did right now.

Shay, people like you mentioned just make me .....how stupid can a person be.

I guess we can only hope to try and educate them.
Old April 6th, 2011, 10:08 PM
Senior Contributor

LOL Rainbow..ya know what the kicker is? I own a trailer...LMAO I use it in the summer at camp...

Old April 6th, 2011, 10:17 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaykeija View Post
LOL Rainbow..ya know what the kicker is? I own a trailer...LMAO I use it in the summer at camp...
We used to have a vacation one too that we left at the lake for the summer.

But, I would really love to get out of this house we are in and buy a new mobile home (actually I think they call them something different now) as at our age we don't need all the extra space and lots less cleaning for me as well.
Old April 6th, 2011, 10:21 PM
Senior Contributor

Umm I think they are called modular homes?

Old April 6th, 2011, 10:30 PM
-

Quote:
Umm I think they are called modular homes?
LOL ...yep, that's what I was thinking of.

Oh, and sorry for taking your thread off topic.

People like those that you mentioned just make me sick and I feel so sorry for those poor kittens.
Old April 6th, 2011, 10:31 PM
Senior Contributor

Ya, it really twisted me up too. Too bad people are so stupid and uncareing...

Old April 6th, 2011, 10:54 PM
-

May I assume Shay that these ill-informed and irresponsible unfortunates were provided with lots of good info on why breeding their animals is inhumane and speutering is the ONLY intelligent and compassionate choice?

When I think that in the GTA alone there are over a feral half-million cats and kittens...

Not to mention the tens of thousands of cats and kittens who end up in shelters, put to death because of senseless, needless breeding.
Old April 6th, 2011, 11:05 PM
Senior Contributor

Yep I mentioned strongley....

Old April 6th, 2011, 11:17 PM
-

Good work . Frankly, I don't know where folks like you get the patience and tolerance.

Taking advantage of opportunities to educate people about why NO ONE should breed animals is so critical. For the sake of the animals AND the planet. As much as I loathe a Nanny state, in my dream world I wish there was some way to create and enforce a timed moratorium on all breeding.
Old April 7th, 2011, 12:57 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masha View Post
This is just horrible..... and sad... and disgusting... and did i mention horrible??

though to be honest, i dont see why you would use the term trailer trash... living in a trailer or being poor has nothing to do with how someone treats animals.... just my but i think it can be quite offensive to some people when you use that term in such a way...
My inlaws live in a trailer park, good honest hard working people, now retired.
I know they are offended by that expression, which I too have often used, but am trying very hard not to anymore.

As for the kitten breeders, I can't post what I think of ppl like that, cuz I'm sure such language would most certainly be offensive to many viewers
Wendellan~ Feline~ 10(ish)
Theedee~Feline~10(ish)
"Da-Goob"~ APBT/Dogo x (5-6ish)

"My Pitbulls are better behaved than your kids!" (my favorite bumper sticker)
Old April 7th, 2011, 01:10 AM
Senior Contributor

LOL My Idea of trailer trash and others could be up for debate..Where did I ever say they lived a trailer?

Old April 7th, 2011, 01:23 AM
-

Hmmmm...I've been in that apartment!

Point of privilege Your Honour?
Is it considered bad form to your own thread?

...in all seriousness though. I think the point has been made and I don't want to lose sight of this important topic.
Old April 7th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

OMG I shouldn't have opened this thread .

I think I would have attacked this person and been banned immediately . There is no reason in this day and age to know that breeding a mother and son is considered "inbreeding" and leads to genetic issues. That is just incredibly inexcusable.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old April 7th, 2011, 04:51 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post
OMG I shouldn't have opened this thread .

I think I would have attacked this person and been banned immediately . There is no reason in this day and age to know that breeding a mother and son is considered "inbreeding" and leads to genetic issues. That is just incredibly inexcusable.
Well thats the thing isn't it? How do you respond? If it's genuine ignorance then there's a *certain* level of forgiveness on my part and a willingness to inform and educate. If it's a question of cultural differences between our two countries of origin in how companion animals are viewed and treated then I *may* have a higher tolerance for ignorance. But, my threshold is lowering because a/ if you are in my country then you are in "my" culture now and b/ if you have access to the internet, you have virtual access to all the information you could possibly need as an animal guardian and c/ if you are on a companion animal forum then you have even less reason to remain ignorant.

So, what does that leave us with? Cognitive impairment? Nope, you're smart enough to use the internet and communicate on a BB. Wilful ignorance ~ as in, choosing not to believe something to be true because it is inconvenient or doesn't match your self-centred interests? Possibly. If so, my tolerance just plummeted and the "big words" are gonna get some exercise. And lastly, you do know what you are doing is wrong and you do not care about the consequences for the animal. Well, zip goes my tolerance and out come the sticks ~ no more carrots.

I'd be interested to know Shay what the response was from other members and how the OP felt about what they had to say. If there's a better way to stop animal abuse like this, I'd like to know it.
Old April 7th, 2011, 05:02 PM
Senior Contributor

There was just more or less an oh well attitude. There were more congrats on the new kittens. UGH I told them they should spay the Queen and neuter the tom but hey those fools I guess, will breed anything to make a buck. BYB's, miller, hobby breeders just make me want to vomit. Oh and just in case there is a fool reading this, I apologize for picking your type out. Did not mean to offend ya.....

Old April 7th, 2011, 05:07 PM
-

I didn't read into your comment as "anyone living in a Trailer is trash" Shay....
Old April 7th, 2011, 05:18 PM
Senior Contributor

How close to home that one hits for me....

My Ragdoll is the result of the father being bred ... repeatedly...with his daughters. Thankfully I rescued my poor Dakota and he is living a pretty good life now...except ... he is almost completely blind and has a bit of a "simple" mentality.

Yay for BYB...and the poor people who buy from them. I only wish I could have closed this woman down completely but no one would listen and to my knowledge, she's likely still at it.

Yes, I believe in the Rainbow Bridge
Old April 7th, 2011, 05:21 PM
-

Quote:
There was just more or less an oh well attitude. There were more congrats on the new kittens. UGH I told them they should spay the Queen and neuter the tom but hey those fools I guess, will breed anything to make a buck.
And the other forum members just said more or less "Oh well". . That saddens me deeply."Cute kittens" makes me see red.

What a wasted opportunity. If not to educate then at the very least to *shame*. And, I'm not talking about resorting to name-calling or insults, I'm talking about a civil, fact-based expression of extreme displeasure and if necessary, exclusion. Victim-witness impact statements are an example, Native justice and sentencing circles are another, the Mennonite and Anglican circle of friends and support are yet another.

If people doing wrong are not held to account and corrected by a community of their peers how can we expect attitudes and practices which are abusive to animals and detrimental to the planet to change?
Old April 7th, 2011, 05:24 PM
Senior Contributor

How true. I tried to educate and not get all snotty, but I was pretty well told to STFU. I never got rude or called them names. I was just concerned about the health of those poor, poor kittens.

Old April 7th, 2011, 11:29 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris21711 View Post
I didn't read into your comment as "anyone living in a Trailer is trash" Shay....

hmmm, actually neither did I. I was actually addressing Masha's concern and how I too use(d) the term until one day my mil told me it offended her.
We all know there is a conotation to the expression, whether we like to admit it or not.
But hey whatever, no sweat....moving on...

As for the folks that inbred their cats, I think the word "idiots" far better suits them.
Wendellan~ Feline~ 10(ish)
Theedee~Feline~10(ish)
"Da-Goob"~ APBT/Dogo x (5-6ish)

"My Pitbulls are better behaved than your kids!" (my favorite bumper sticker)
Old April 8th, 2011, 12:16 PM
-

[QUOTE=Luvmypitgirls;1001533]

We all know there is a conotation to the expression, whether we like to admit it or not.
But hey whatever, no sweat....moving on...

[QUOTE]

Sorry LMPG, I don't know what you are trying to say
Old April 8th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummummum View Post
Well thats the thing isn't it? How do you respond? If it's genuine ignorance then there's a *certain* level of forgiveness on my part and a willingness to inform and educate. If it's a question of cultural differences between our two countries of origin in how companion animals are viewed and treated then I *may* have a higher tolerance for ignorance. But, my threshold is lowering because a/ if you are in my country then you are in "my" culture now and b/ if you have access to the internet, you have virtual access to all the information you could possibly need as an animal guardian and c/ if you are on a companion animal forum then you have even less reason to remain ignorant.

So, what does that leave us with? Cognitive impairment? Nope, you're smart enough to use the internet and communicate on a BB. Wilful ignorance ~ as in, choosing not to believe something to be true because it is inconvenient or doesn't match your self-centred interests? Possibly. If so, my tolerance just plummeted and the "big words" are gonna get some exercise. And lastly, you do know what you are doing is wrong and you do not care about the consequences for the animal. Well, zip goes my tolerance and out come the sticks ~ no more carrots.

I'd be interested to know Shay what the response was from other members and how the OP felt about what they had to say. If there's a better way to stop animal abuse like this, I'd like to know it.
Exactly, It is general knowledge that inbreeding is not good for any species, to not understand why is one thing (then you google to find out more), to blatantly ignore facts at the expense of a living being is abuse.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old April 8th, 2011, 02:06 PM
-

Shay, I'm sorry to hear that you aren't having any luck trying to explain to the folks on the other forum.

Unfortunately, people like that only have $$$ signs in their eyes instead of trying to improve the breed. They certainly don't care about the health of their pets.
Old April 8th, 2011, 05:45 PM
Senior Contributor

Yea I know....I can only hope that Karma b!tch slaps them into their next plane of existence.....,

Old April 8th, 2011, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Yea I know....I can only hope that Karma b!tch slaps them into their next plane of existence.....,
That's where I saw you before. The "other" forum. Nice to see you here too.
Old April 8th, 2011, 11:29 PM
Senior Contributor

Welcome to the funny farm....

Old April 8th, 2011, 11:34 PM
-

I'm Funny...she's Farm Pleezed ta meetcha!