Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old November 19th, 2008, 08:21 AM

Georges had a surprise for me when i got home yesterday... now he has two cherry eye!!! On the bright side, it happened before the operation... which is next tuesday. Hopefully, the vet gonna operate on both eyes... i need to call her to confirm... now we won't have to worry for the other one to pop out! Like my boyfriend says, Georges his symetrical now
Old November 19th, 2008, 10:35 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

I hope the surgery goes well and they can do both eyes at once!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old November 19th, 2008, 11:46 AM

they're gonna do both eyes! Just hope it'll go well!
Old November 27th, 2008, 08:19 AM

Georges is back home! i can't tell you i much we missed the lil devil! The surgery went well Both eyes are still swollen but it will get better in the next 10 days... another 10 days putting ointment in his eyes :sad: The poor thing has to wear a cone for 10 days... he's so miserable but funny at the same time...
Attached Images

Old November 27th, 2008, 06:47 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Georges' eyes are looking great, scathach!! The 10 days will go fast.

Once our dogs figure out that they can monopolize the water bowls with the cone, and they notice that all the other dogs will get out of their way to keep from getting gored by the bonnet, our dogs don't mind having to wear the cone at all. The backs of our legs, however, are extremely grateful when the bonnet comes off and we're no longer getting gored from behind...

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old November 29th, 2008, 08:26 AM

he's bakc to his old self he still gets tired pretty quickly but now he was to play with his toys
Old November 29th, 2008, 12:37 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Don't believe him if he says he'll leave his eyes alone and asks you to take off the cone prematurely. They can be little s when it comes to tricking Mom and Dad into taking off the dratted collar!

Glad to hear that he's feeling more chipper and wanting to play! He sure is a cutie

Old December 1st, 2008, 08:55 AM

lol we only take off his cone so that he can eat properly or when he's on our lap and we can watch it constantly! I don't know how he did it but during the night he found a way to detach it! luckly the ribbon was still keeping it in place!
Old December 16th, 2008, 04:37 PM

did you already have the cherry eye taken care of? i have a 3 month old boston terrier with the problem and they wont opperate on him until 6 months. Did you have it fixed or removed and what was the cost if you dont mind me asking
Old December 16th, 2008, 05:06 PM
Performance Spaniels

Smudge had a cherry eye issue, partial, one eye. They fixed it at 12 or 13 weeks. It was done at the breeder's vet in Nc, and was far cheaper than it would have cost me here. They also did only a partial removal, and saved tear duct so he has normal function and I don't have to worry about dry eye, and I also don't have to worry about it popping like tucks sometimes do.
Old December 17th, 2008, 08:27 AM

Otis'mom i reply on your other post... i didnt saw you wrote here

Tags
cherry eye, puppy, vet