Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants

Old October 2nd, 2009, 01:08 PM
Garden nut

Can never go to the washroom alone

Every time I take a bath or close the door to the washrooms, the furries all congregate around the door. Dog noses/snorts at the bottom of the door, and cat paws underneath the door. Dog whines and scratches to get in, cat meows to get in.

If the door doesn't get closed completely, one of them opens it and barges in. Jasper decided that flushing toilets are fun and watching water go down the sink drain is fascinating. You have to be really quick in putting down the toilet seat or he's going to jump up there and try to play in it.

None of them freak out when I go outdoors without them, but they just cannot stand me being in the bathroom!

Sheeba HAS to be in there with me when I'm taking a bath. I have to lay down a towel just for her to lay on. Then she thinks its her job to dry my feet when I get out.
Sandy Belle Sheeba - born 11/14/07 at 12:30 pm Linx Jasper
Old October 2nd, 2009, 01:12 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

I can relate. I have to make sure I allow extra time for avoiding the tripping hazards! I'm thinking that maybe we all just need much bigger bathrooms!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old October 2nd, 2009, 01:14 PM
Garden nut

Makes me wonder if they believe the bathroom contains some sort of magical transportation portal and we go bye-bye in there, never to come out again.
Old October 2nd, 2009, 01:25 PM

And here I thought my dogs were the only ones who did that.
Good to know I'm in good company. The one pup who is now totally attached to me...whines because he can't see me behind the shower curtain, but once I peek out and say hi to him, he's ok and lays down till I come out. You just gotta love 'em to death though..

~You enter into a certain amount of madness when you marry a person with pets.~ Nora Ephron (Same can be said of kids )
~Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.~ Anatole France
Old October 2nd, 2009, 01:31 PM
Senior Contributor

boy can I relate. Any given time I have 5 cats and 2 dogs all crammed in with me.

Take a bath??? Nothing relaxing in that; since I have all eyes on me.......not a comforting feeling. I feel somewhat self conscious of my nakedness and how horrible I look. (I am sure they are saying ewwwwww).

Last edited by BenMax; October 2nd, 2009 at 01:39 PM.
Old October 2nd, 2009, 01:38 PM
Senior Contributor

Darby, the rottie, will get in the bathtub unless prevented. The boy dogs like to eat bubbles from the bubblebath, and everyone likes to go in and out the door. Very little privacy at my house
Harvey the English Bulldog Extraordinaire
Old October 2nd, 2009, 03:05 PM
Half Way To Crazy

If I leave the door opened a bit Archer MUST test the water with his front paws, and when he thinks it's ok only then he can lie down knowing i'm safe
Bree will just wait at the door, considering there is not enough room in the bathroom for both of them..
Old October 2nd, 2009, 03:28 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by CearaQC View Post
Makes me wonder if they believe the bathroom contains some sort of magical transportation portal and we go bye-bye in there, never to come out again.
That's exactly what I've always thought.

And, it also never seems to amaze me that as soon as I plunk my hiney down on the throne that hubby needs to ask me where something is.
Old October 2nd, 2009, 04:01 PM
Senior Contributor

I love a hot bath with something nice smelling in it and I don't mean any of the cats.
Vinnie is my bathroom-buddy,loves to sit on the edge of the tub,playing with the bubbles,sometimes my toes.
Now since he is a bit rounder,there is always a danger he'll fall in
Old October 2nd, 2009, 05:00 PM
Garden nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
there is always a danger he'll fall in
Jasper fell in the other night! Don't worry I did not get hurt.
Old October 2nd, 2009, 05:20 PM
Pro Poop Scooper!

You mean we're supposed to have the bathroom to ourselves!! Ok sometimes I close the door, then there are usually paws reaching under or meowing or I know Bayley's lying right outside. Oh and if I do have the bathroom to myself for a few minutes..before I know it my Mom's hollering to hurry up and get off the pot!! And since Coco's discovered that it's much nicer to drink water out of the tap, he likes to come in more now and Bobee's fave game is 'finger' where he sits in the tub and I play with him and he tries to grab my finger...
Old October 2nd, 2009, 06:24 PM
Senior Contributor

In the bathroom without company? It's not gonna happen in this house except if hubs is in the bathroom,,they just follow me. I guess I'm more interesting. Of course I talk to them more as in constantly. LOL

It's when they all try and follow me into the powder room that things get a bit tense. one 75lb dog, 15lb cat, 2 8lb cats and 1 10lb cat...some have to go as I can't close the door! LMBO

Debbie

~Tegan 9 year old yellow lab~
~Wilbur 9 year old LH cat~
~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~O'Shawnnessey 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
~Mindy 7 yr old shih tzu~
~Dexter 10yr old Salmon (large goldfish)
Old October 2nd, 2009, 06:38 PM
Sleep..What is that?!?

Seth wraps himself around my feet and uses my leg as a scratching post (I should shave more often )

Messina uses my undies as a hammock!

Mom to
Seth - Brown Tabby
Messina - Blonde Tabby
Old October 2nd, 2009, 06:44 PM

You mean you guys get alone time in other parts of the house?? How do I get this novelty?? I always have triping hazards wherever I go lol. And now I have this stray kitty, ALWAYS on my lap....who occasionally bites at random!!

You get freedom in other parts of the house?? I am jealous!! haha
Old October 2nd, 2009, 07:24 PM
Garden nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoGrl View Post

Almost spewed coffee on my computer monitor!

Old October 2nd, 2009, 07:50 PM
Sleep..What is that?!?

Quote:

You should have heard how hard I laughed the first time she did it!!!! She just kinda walked over and sideways jumped into them! Seth came over and sniffed at her and then went back to his rearranging the mat and clawing at my toes/leg...I love my cats

Mom to
Seth - Brown Tabby
Messina - Blonde Tabby
Old October 2nd, 2009, 07:51 PM
Garden nut

Quote:
You should have heard how hard I laughed the first time she did it!!!! She just kinda walked over and sideways jumped into them! Seth came over and sniffed at her and then went back to his rearranging the mat and clawing at my toes/leg...I love my cats
Ok gotta ask... did you put those undies back on after?
Old October 2nd, 2009, 07:52 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Quote:

Me, too!

I hope none of mine decide to try that!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old October 2nd, 2009, 07:56 PM
Sleep..What is that?!?

Quote:
Ok gotta ask... did you put those undies back on after?

no comment

Mom to
Seth - Brown Tabby
Messina - Blonde Tabby
Old October 2nd, 2009, 07:57 PM
Garden nut

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Just havin' some fun.
Old October 2nd, 2009, 08:44 PM
-

Quote:
None of them freak out when I go outdoors without them, but they just cannot stand me being in the bathroom!
of course , didn't you know ? it's an urban legend among pets .... they all heard there was another door somewhere in the bathroom where human can get out and never come back

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMax View Post
I feel somewhat self conscious of my nakedness and how horrible I look. (I am sure they are saying ewwwwww).
they're saying ewwww , look at her ! somebody shaved her poor mommy , no fur to keep her warm :sad:

same here of course , cats , dogs , mostly dogs. they think hey ! she's sitting there all alone with nothing to do , she might as well pet us !
Old October 2nd, 2009, 11:02 PM
Garden nut

I love all the stories. Makes me feel I'm not so crazy after all!

Old October 2nd, 2009, 11:18 PM
~Cat Servent~

I often play cat in my pants when I'm on the pot!!! Hilarious!!! I thought I was a nut job, around here me and hubby got so used to the cats nosing the door open, that if it's just us we just leave it open! Our guests get a kick out of all the paws that flail under the door when they try to do their business alone!!!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old October 3rd, 2009, 12:28 AM
Pro Poop Scooper!

A room with no animals in it!! Wow, don't know if I could handle that. There's always at least one beside me or on me! Hehe Nino has started thinking that he's a lap cat...ooophh and he's not very careful where he puts his big clodhoppers!! Oh and he doesn't just lay down he flops down. I can't wait for the day that him and Bobee decide to share me!! Come pretty close a few times now.
Old October 3rd, 2009, 01:22 AM

Haha I cant imagine a room with no pets either. Bennies crate is in my room, and the midget rescue kitties squeeze under my door to get in HAHA. Its a big space dont worry, they wont hurt themselves.

I havent had a room without pets since....Well ever Ive had pets since infancy lol. Always been around.. When I go to a house where they only have fish, I get antsy lol. Gotta have my big fuzzies around :P
Old October 3rd, 2009, 09:13 AM
The Pack's Head Servant

If by some freak coincidence hazel finds herself in a room without dogs, the hairballs are always there so that she doesn't feel lonely. However, since we have more dogs than rooms, the hairballs don't have to work too hard.

Old October 3rd, 2009, 09:25 AM
Senior Contributor

ooooh, it's all fun and games until a kitty jumps ON your lap when you are on the throne, claws and all

Hee, hee, you guys all make me laugh

I have no door on my bathroom, just a shower curtain - maybe it takes away the mystic, a good thing, cause there ain't no room for a crowd in my bathroom
Nolie, on the other hand, MUST come and check on me when she hears the shower start up, if the door is already steamy (glass door) I have to wipe off a spot so she can see me, otherwise she gets all worried
and love for my "lost ones" - Misery, Clover & the girls (chickens)
Old October 3rd, 2009, 09:28 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
That is tooooooooo funny

you know you love your cats when..... you let them in your pants (omg, don't say that to the wrong person )
and love for my "lost ones" - Misery, Clover & the girls (chickens)
Old October 4th, 2009, 12:00 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by otter View Post
That is tooooooooo funny

you know you love your cats when..... you let them in your pants (omg, don't say that to the wrong person )
ROTFLMBO..... I'm glad I'm not the only one with critters in her pants!

Debbie

~Tegan 9 year old yellow lab~
~Wilbur 9 year old LH cat~
~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~O'Shawnnessey 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
~Mindy 7 yr old shih tzu~
~Dexter 10yr old Salmon (large goldfish)
Old October 4th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Senior Contributor

Why is it when you are sitting on the can contemplating life...someone wants to be held? (Tyra) Or when you are taking a shower a little deaf one barks her face off because she cannot see you and you shower with the curtain a little open so she knows you did not disappear? (Annie) or when you get out of the shower and the towels and bath mat are now in your living room? (Quincy) or when you are floating around in the tub happy as a clam and a pair of brown eyes just stares at you and thinks the bubbles are tasty? (Missie) I am never alone...lol and I like it that way..

There ain't no cure for stupid ...... but we should make sure we laugh and point it out to everyone else