Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Off topic forum

Old May 1st, 2007, 12:45 PM
Remembering Lukka

Geeez I Hate Clothes Shopping

Been trying to buy a simple pair of jeans or casual type pants and every store I go to has nothing but ultra, ultra low rise pants. I mean they are so low the zipper can't be more than 2 inches long if that. Crap, I hate the look of those things, and not to mention they must be so uncomfortable. When is this horrid style going to go by the wayside and some normal jeans make their way back on the shelves.
Old May 1st, 2007, 12:48 PM
<-----nut ball

I TOTALLY agree with you.

I have widish hips, thicker thighs, but a small waist and long legs. I found the best pants for me are from Jacob/Jacob connexion.

I hate buying shirts more though, especially since I'm so large on top and I have a short torso. Makes any kind of shirt hard to find (especially since the style now is long and skinny shirts!)
Old May 1st, 2007, 02:09 PM
Queen

The low rise tend to be better for me as long as its not ULTRA low. I have a wierd shape though short body narrow waste and fair size hips but it was soooo hard to find anything that actually fit properly. I'm not sure if you have a Warehouse One jeans store or Old Navy? The old navy in my area had quite a few styles and advertised thier higher cut ones as well. I've also noticed jeans have been on sale lately I think because its getting warmer.

I lucked out at Warehouse I think partly because they sell mostly jeans and pants and the girl that was working knew what she was doing so was able to keep grabbing different sizes and styles until we found the right thing. I think it took like an hour or more but I was so happy I found something that fit.
Old May 1st, 2007, 02:24 PM
I gotz 2 babies now!

I am a short legged bandit, I have a 28" inseam!!!! And I need a low rise jean, I get mine at Reitman's, they are comfy!!! I know you don't want low rise, so I am mentioning this cuz Reitman's has a good selection of jeans for all sizes, for real women. Good luck!!

Pubert Wizzer Howell-Boyd III of the feline kind R.I.P my little guy!!

If you can't afford a vet, you can't afford a pet!

221/194/170(for next year)
Old May 1st, 2007, 04:07 PM

I feel your pain. I've noticed this too, it seems the jeans companies think that everyone buying jeans is an anorexic 12 year old girl who wants to wear her pants super low or something. It is impossible for me to find jeans that fit well, they seem to have forgotten that women have hips.
Old May 1st, 2007, 04:42 PM
Senior Contributor

It's funny you should mention low-cut jeans,I am 63 and bought a pair of dark boot-cut jeans,32 lenght,thought they were fine,did not try them on
Well,they were hippers not very low-cut,but how on earth do you get these pants to stay up??
As for the shirts,forget it,they look like they would fit someones leg
I feel I am ok,not fat not skinny 5 foot 7 and hate to go in to old ladies stores,polyester upon polyester..
My favorite store is Marks Work Wearhouse,even they now seem to cater to size2 teenagers
Old May 1st, 2007, 06:50 PM

I remember the first time low-rise pants came around, in the 70.s I hated them then and I hate them now, I hate clothes that feel so insecure..

Now I;m grown up and had kids and am a plus size All the fashions are ugly right now but the plus size stuff is even uglier, it's like some sadist is choosing all the styles that are least flattering to full figures and that is all that is available.

And polyester. I HATE polyester.

Some days I go out with money in my pocket and I want to go on a clothes buying spree but everything is so UGLY I come home empty handed. :sad:
Old May 1st, 2007, 06:57 PM
-

Low rise are still in ?
Old May 1st, 2007, 07:00 PM
Senior Contributor

i like low rise but i too am sick of ultra low rise pants
I also have pants with the trashing fading and rips in them
Logan - Rescued Husky cross
Aiden- Rescued husky cross
Old May 1st, 2007, 07:00 PM

I like the low rise... Not ultra low, but lowish... My hips are huge and have a well-pushed in dent where my pants go and I can bend down without getting slutty. If I wear normal pants, my a** is twice the size...
Old May 1st, 2007, 07:47 PM
Furball Farmer

I too like Warehouse One.
Simply because they make jeans for short people like me lol.
I absolutely hate going clothes shopping, everything is for tall skinny girls nowadays...I just want a comfortable pair of jeans that look good and fit!

Quote:
bend down without getting slutty
I have a friend who thinks her a$$ hanging out is attractive lol drives me NUTS!!!
Thongs peeking out was NEVER meant to be a fashion statement people, and it's not sexy.
Old May 1st, 2007, 08:41 PM
Remembering Lukka

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippincherri View Post
Thongs peeking out was NEVER meant to be a fashion statement people, and it's not sexy.

There is a health care aide where I work that wears her scrub pants rolled down at the waist so her whale tale thong sticks up over her waistband at the back and she never wears a scrub top but a tiny form fitted t-shirt. It's never quite long enough to meet the top of her pants. She thinks the look it stunning!! We have a dress code policy but apparently her RN doesn't choose to put it into affect.
Old May 1st, 2007, 09:50 PM
Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippincherri
I too like Warehouse One.
Simply because they make jeans for short people like me lol.
Yup short here too. Thats what I like about Old Navy they're pants and jeans come in tall med and short, some even are more specific with the various measurements.

Funny this topic, I was hooted at a few weeks ago "nice butt". Not sure what to make of it but I was determined to find a pair of pants that looked good. I figure if they're looking anyway I might as well try to keep up appearances.

I discovered on this last quest for the perfect jeans that pockets play a BIG roll as well. I had found a pair that fit well but something was wrong, it took a few days to figure out that the pockets were too long and made my butt look really long. It can get pretty complicated and it doesn't help that almost everything is made for adolescents or anorexic girls. I'm really small like petite and many stores I go into I can't even get into a large.