Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog food forum > Cat food forum

Old June 17th, 2010, 02:31 PM
~Cat Servent~

Smile Ok, how am I doing gurus?

I have 6 out of 7 eating wet food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!

In the process of looking for a new food (really wanted to at least get them on an all grain free diet), the dry's I tried sent 2 of my 3 hold outs heading for the canned wellness!!!! I find that they no longer like the turkey flavour though, something changed in it recently and so I tried chicken flavour and they go nuts for it! They don't all come running for it right away, as even though I feed in many different spots, the girls still like to hang back till the boys retire to the poopers.

And I think I've settled on Acana:Grasslands dry for now, I leave out only a small amount as I know Asker is still not interested in wet. I may have to do what I did with Smoke and seperate her and offer nothing but wet, I know if I can just get her to try it, she'll love it. When I tried mixing wet with the dry, not one of them would touch it...

Now as for how much canned they get, I put out a whole can of the largest size... mixed in 6 bowls with added warm water, so they are getting 1/2-3/4 cup each of the mixture....is that enough? I do know that some of them pick at the dry throughout the day, I hope one can will do it, because even though I get them for $28/case of 12, money is super tight here and don't know if I can swing 2 cans a day.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old June 17th, 2010, 04:23 PM
Senior Contributor

Dahmer,I feed my 3 cats about 1/2 of a large can of Wellness in the morning,then at lunch they get the rest.
At night they split a 5,5oz can and they seem to have enough food.
Of course,at night they get some treats too.
I also have started getting the Eagle Pack Hollistic,my cats like it.
I have totally stopped the dry,but if you have a cat who will not eat canned,not much you can do.
Old June 17th, 2010, 10:32 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

I would think if they are maintaining their weight they are doing ok. If you see they are dropping a little then maybe another half can a day? You can mix the other half in with the fresh can the next day. They probably won't notice the difference.
Great news on getting them mostly on canned! I still have some holdouts. One of these days hopefully you can convince Asker too. Silly girl.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!