Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants

Old June 7th, 2007, 06:44 AM
Senior Contributor

Smiley,it's not like you are going in to a pet-store buying a puppy,these little guys need good homes,it's almost like it was meant to be and you'll have the pup you always wanted.
You are obviously a wonderful kitty/dog mom and any little pup will get the best of care with you
My dream kitty was always a Maine Coon,I had one once,who only lived to be 3yrs old:sad: I think we all have our favorites,but don't often get to choose.
You have the opportunity so I say,grab that little pup
Eagerly waiting for pics
Old June 7th, 2007, 08:31 AM

Yay! I am so glad all the pups and mom are okay.

You will lose the 'selfish' feeling when you're raising the puppy.. you'll be more of a saint haha. Puppies are babies and you lose sleep, they are a lot of work (but worth every minute)... it takes a special person to raise a puppy well and I'm sure that you are up to the task. Think of all the puppies who don't get raised 'right' and end up having bad lives just because no one took the time and care at the beginning.
Old June 7th, 2007, 10:33 AM
N/A

Smiley14 you deserve a puppy, please don't feel uneasy...you are a wonderful person and this puppy is going to be so lucky to share its life with such a loving family as yours.

I am happy to read that the momma and babies are doing good.
Looking forward to reading about your new puppyand of course seeing pictures.
Furbaby Momma :love:
Old June 7th, 2007, 11:59 PM
Senior Contributor

I just wanted to say THANK YOU all so much for your incredible support! I feel so blessed to belong to this forum and be able to chat with such wonderful people who completely understand how I feel! THANK YOU!!!

I've been waiting impatiently for pictures all day today, LOL, and finally got an email at 11pm. They brought the wrong camera cord with them so are still unable to send pics quite yet. BUT they invited me over tomorrow morning to come see the puppies!!!! I'm so excited; I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight! So I just put fresh batteries in my camera, so will take as many pics as I can and post them hopefully tomorrow. YAY! I still feel a twinge of guilt about getting a puppy, but you guys have made me feel a lot better about it. And like you said, puppies are hard work, so it's not like I'll be getting off easy.

She said the male Boston found with Mom, who they are assuming is the father, was a "splash" variation, which I've never heard of before. But apparently that means they have more white than a typical Boston. The mother is a brindle, so the puppies so far seem to be more like the father, but she doesn't know if any will brindle out yet or not.

She also emailed this when I asked her a few questions about the puppies care during their time with Mom.

The pups will be in a clean environment, in the house with us. They
will be exposed to Kristy's children (12 & 2 1/2) in a supervised manner of
course. I also have a cat which Ben can tell you about. we will keep the
puppies with mom until 10 weeks because by then they will have had 2 rounds of puppy shots and should be 90% potty trained if you stay consistent. we can give you the schedule that we will use to make things easier. Hildi is eating Eukanuba puppy which should make for a good transition
to your organic food if you take it slow. these puppies will be crate trained
so that should make the final potty training stage easy for you and
will prevent sleepless nights for you when she arrives too! I will insist on a spay/neuter contract, but i suspect that should be no problem.

So I am feeling very encouraged and excited by everything so far. I'm very curious to see these puppies. I've not really seen a Boston that has more white than black before. So anyway, that's the latest!
Old June 8th, 2007, 07:17 AM
Senior Contributor

smiley,that sounds great
It also seems they are beeing taken care of by a very responsible person..can't wait for pics today
Old June 8th, 2007, 11:36 AM
-

It's 12:30 ... where a re the pics ?

I'll bet you're still at the house looking at the puppies
Old June 8th, 2007, 01:44 PM
Senior Contributor

and now it's 2:45
Old June 8th, 2007, 04:18 PM
Senior Contributor

Sorry!!!!! LOL! I'm stuck at work at the moment, ARGH! I called them right away at 9am, but I wasn't able to see them until 1pm, so I was there for an hours and then had to come straight into work after that. They are BEAUTIFUL!!!!! AH!!! I am in love. I picked out my little girl already too. :love: I took over 60 pictures and two little videos, so I'm looking at them now on my camera. I'll download them and post them as soon as I get home tonight! So it won't be until midnight CST. I really want to go home right now so bad so I can see the pics better and post them!!! I can't wait for you guys to see them!!! I showed them to a few co-workers, but they're all like, "yeah, that's nice or how cute," and don't get my excitement.

The two women were WONDERFUL. They were very knowledgeable and helped me pick out my little girl from the four females. Two of the females were white faced and the other two were black and white. From their descriptions of them being the slash color variation, I was expecting mostly white, but they are more like the typical Boston with black bodies and white chests, legs, and some on the face. They don't have quite as much black as the standard b/w or brindle, but they are soooo cute! Most of them look like they will brindle a bit like Mom. And Mom, WOW, what a absolute doll! She was so sweet and gentle! Such a good Mommy and such a wonderful dog. I fell in love with Mom instantly! I can see why they decided to adopt her themselves. She is a smaller Boston, around 15 pounds and assuming the male Boson she was found with is the father, he was smaller as well, so they expect the babies to be around 15 pounds as well. Mom had no problem with me petting her or handling her babies. She just sat there so sweetly. And then when we took Mom outside for a little walk, she was just a wiggle bum and just loved to be petted! You can tell she was raised well and they said they just discovered that she knows what a crate is as well, so she definitely belonged to someone at one point. I still can't fathom how anyone could just dump these beautiful babies. They are guessing that maybe after they found out Mom was pregnant, they didn't want to deal with it and so dumped them. But they don't know for sure. Such a sad story, but what a great rescue success! I still can't believe the timing of all this and how it worked out so perfectly. It was meant to be!

They are going back to Texas tomorrow, so are going to send me weekly pictures so I can start a baby book on her. I'll send them her name as well as soon as I pick one out.

They helped me pick out one of the little girls that seems a little more submissive. We could tell right away which one was the more dominant one. She was also the chubbiest one of the bunch! Pushing her way to the milk first. Hehe.
So my little girl has a mostly black body, black tail, black and white face, black nose with little black spots that look like freckles. One front leg is all white and the other is all black, so that's a little unsual for a Boston. Sooooo cute!!! I cannot wait to show you guys the pics!!!!
Old June 8th, 2007, 04:29 PM

The Bostons might have escaped someones breeding program(byb).Or a byb was finished using them and just dropped them off along the side of any road.........happens way too much
On a happier note I am happy mom and babies are doing well!Good luck!
Old June 8th, 2007, 06:14 PM
-

wooohoo !! Can't wait to see pics ! Oh and , I don't believe that because a stray dog is good that he / she was well taking care of. Yes it could be , but I know my Bailey wasn't , and he is the sweetest dog ! Dogs are so forgiving , even if they didn't have a good life, if YOU give them the love and care, they , usually, forget all about their past.
Old June 9th, 2007, 12:20 AM
Senior Contributor

Baby pics!!!!!!!

First of the little girl I picked out:
Attached Images

Old June 9th, 2007, 12:21 AM
Senior Contributor

More of my little girl. Notice her one white leg and one black leg in front. I love those tiny little paws and claws!!!! LOL!
Attached Images

Old June 9th, 2007, 12:23 AM
Senior Contributor

She loves to cuddle underneath Mom's chin. She's the second one from the top, second closest to Mom's head. What cuties!!! They look like piggies here, hehe.
Attached Images

Old June 9th, 2007, 12:24 AM
Senior Contributor

A few more.
Attached Images

Old June 9th, 2007, 12:26 AM
Senior Contributor

And here's Mom going out for a little break. She was such a sweet little girl, practically a baby still herself! I still can't believe someone abandoned them! But it's a happy ending now.
Attached Images

Old June 9th, 2007, 02:51 AM
Live well, laugh often

I am soooo happy for you . Mom is a beauty and all those babies are sooooo precious . It is great to know that they will be so loved and cared for until they find their forever homes. So have you figured out how to get the pup from texas?
Old June 9th, 2007, 06:46 AM
Senior Contributor

There they are OMG you are sooo lucky to be able to hold them,little baby-angels..
Mom is beautiful,looks healthy,she was very lucky to be found in time.
Lets hope those 10 weeks go fast and all the pups are strong and healthy
Old June 9th, 2007, 08:15 AM
Senior Contributor

The one where the mother is rubbing faces with the puppy you have chosen - all of them - so sweet and innocent. I want one
Old June 9th, 2007, 08:37 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger View Post
I want one
I can see it now : pup running around the house chasing all the kitties

I usually don't like pics of litters , because it only means more doggies in this already overpopulated world , but heck , they're here and OMG are they cute ! The mommy seems like a very nice dog too
Old June 9th, 2007, 08:45 AM

They are sooooooo adorable......
Old June 9th, 2007, 12:30 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Oh, Smiley, they're all beautiful. Of course, your little girl is the mostest beautifullest of all

The mother looks so sweet--you can see it in her eyes. She'll give that to her pups. How can you lose? Beauty and a sweet temperament!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old June 9th, 2007, 01:23 PM

Too cute for words! I bet you can't wait and have already started counting the days!

Congratulations!
Old June 9th, 2007, 02:59 PM
Furball Farmer

Okay we need transport to northern Alberta...because those are the cutest pups ever and I gotta have one lol.
I wish I could....no space for new babies here though.
Petey is going to be so excited! And just think now you can go out and buy all sorts of "little" dog stuff,like cutsie collars and pink jackets he he. Because we all know how impossible it is to find clothes to fit big dogs
Congrats a hundred times over Smiley! And give big brother Petey a big hug of congratulations for me too ok?
Old June 9th, 2007, 06:09 PM
-

Congratulations, Steph .....she is adorable. I love her little nose and the freckles.
Old June 9th, 2007, 09:07 PM
Senior Contributor

Thanks guys!!!! I'm so excited! I know it's going to be a lot of hard work and I'm a bit nervous, but so happy at the same time.

What do you think of the name Belle?

Already, I've gotten her a little pink and gray front carrier thing for when we go to Mackinaw Island in Sept since she'll only be three months old, two pink patterned ribbon collars, and a pink and white striped puppia harness. LOL! Now I'm looking at engraved pet tags like the one I got for Petey. But first I need a name! Leaning towards Belle, but I can't quite decide! I'm too embarrassed to wear the carrier, so my sister said she would take her while I take Petey. My sister is going to come with me now to help me with the dogs.

For getting her from TX to MN, we're not quite sure yet. I'll either fly down and fly back with her or we'll ship her with a pet shipping company. I don't like the idea of her having to fly alone though. One of our other co-workers is thinking of taking one of the puppies as well, and if she does, her Mom lives in OK, so could maybe do a meet with us somewhere half way if we drive together. So there's a few possibilities being discussed! I just don't want to use up too much vacation time if any getting her so I can use it when she's actually here!
Old June 9th, 2007, 10:42 PM
-

You have 3 months to prepare so breathe I love Belle I can't believe all the stuff you already bought
Old June 9th, 2007, 11:04 PM
Senior Contributor

LOL! I'm just having fun getting girlie stuff. So far, I got her these two collars:
Attached Images

Old June 9th, 2007, 11:06 PM
Senior Contributor

This is the harness and the ID tag.
Attached Images

Old June 9th, 2007, 11:10 PM
-

awww , it says Daisy The collars are very cute, but you wil need a pink one with studs
Old June 9th, 2007, 11:11 PM
Senior Contributor

And this is the front carrier thing that I'm too embarrassed to wear myself. But I found a used one on Ebay for only $10, so that should work perfect for our trip. I doubt I'll ever use it again anyway.

And I've decided on the name Belle and ordered it on her tag, so it's official now. Petey, Billy, and Belle. Awww! LOL!

Nope, I'm not anxious at all. Just kidding, I'm just having fun!
Attached Images