Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog food forum

Old November 24th, 2012, 09:39 PM

How to stop my dog's Flatulence problem ?

Mine is a 3 month old lab now and we have been feeding him good food -
Blue Buffalo Life Protection Large Breed Chicken & Rice Puppy Food
http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...AvailInUS%2FNo

It does have a flatulence problem and it seems to be increasing day by day . I have consulted the vet and she just recommended changing the food . Which one should i go for ?

Any replies would be much appreciated
Old November 25th, 2012, 05:31 PM

In my experience, flatulence is a part of puppyhood. Winston had the smelliest farts ever when he was a pup, thank god as he aged that went away. Changing the food to one with a lower protein level might help to lessen the frequency. Nutro recently revamped their recipe and I've heard good things about it. Stick with chicken in whichever food you go to, as it is easier to digest.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old November 25th, 2012, 08:38 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digston View Post
In my experience, flatulence is a part of puppyhood. Winston had the smelliest farts ever when he was a pup, thank god as he aged that went away. Changing the food to one with a lower protein level might help to lessen the frequency. Nutro recently revamped their recipe and I've heard good things about it. Stick with chicken in whichever food you go to, as it is easier to digest.
I hear that lamb is better for dogs that is easier to digest.
I found this web site that talk about feeding dogs according to their blood type.http://naturalhealthtechniques.com/v...t_for_dogs.htm

what do people think of this?
Old December 1st, 2012, 11:44 AM

I just got a good tip on this I'll share. A person at the dog park was telling me that her boxers gas is so bad so started feeding tripe, not the white bleached out stuff you can buy in the grocery store but the real, green, canned stuff. She said the day she started feeding it his stinky gas stopped. You feed a little piece a day. Apparently it's smelly and gross to handle but she said it worked so good. I've seen it in Shar-kare ( not sure if you have that store where you are ) it's about $2.50 for a can.