Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Off topic forum

Old January 19th, 2009, 02:44 PM
border collie mama

Red face loose dog.

i was in the kitchen today making nanimo bars and enzo was in his favourite normal mid morning spot, (lots of warm sun ), at a front window of our house, looking out to the street. normally he barks when something goes by, ( a person, a dog, a cat, bird..mostly anything except for cars). anyways, i wasnt paying much attention ( i have a bad habit of that )and he was just snoozing away by the window, then he starts whining, really loud, so he gets the normal, 'thats enough, come on in here to your mat' type of reaction, so he comes trotting on in ( normally a slow saunter) but i didnt think much of it maybe he was just listening better, but then he run back out to the window and sitss there whining, this time when i called him back in he didnt come, so i said it a little more assertively and he still wouldnt come, he just kept whining. so i go out, a little worried he stuck something in to his paw or something and it hurts, but nope, i look out the window and i see a fluffly dog sniffing around my front porch ( i knew who the dog was ) so i put enzo in the kitchen and pulled the gate over to keep him in there ( we dont need another dog on the loose) grab a leash and slowly open the door, softly talking to him, he came right over to the door, just the friendliest little guy ever. i leashed him up and took him home, she was so sorry about it to, to me it wasnt really a big deal since i know they are good owners, she said he just slipped out the door when they were coming in, but couldnt go after him right away ( had a baby to put in his crib) but came right out after. then me being a dog training freak, offered to help them if they wanted for a minute to show them a few tips to help them from stop him from running out of the house, which they accepted. i am hoping i wont be seeing that cute little guy around on the loose to much. to be honest i was kinda hoping they wouldnt be home, so i could bring him to my house for a few hours and let him play with enzo ( i mean he was sooo good not to bark and scare him ) but they were, so i think the next time i see them i am going to talk about having twice weekly playdates, once a week at my house and once a week at their house, i hope they agree
Old January 19th, 2009, 02:55 PM
Senior Contributor

Thank goodness they accepted your tips and didn't tell you to mind your own business. That shows they at least care enough to keep from that happening again.

And good on you for getting the little guy.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old January 19th, 2009, 03:16 PM
border collie mama

i know i was really happy they accepted my help too, i was pretty sure they would, i just hope they work on it, but i htink they will.
Old January 19th, 2009, 04:27 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by allymack View Post
i know i was really happy they accepted my help too, i was pretty sure they would, i just hope they work on it, but i htink they will.
That's so nice of you to offer training help to them allymack, plus Enzo will get a new playmate

BTW Hi, haven't seen you on the tjt lately :sad:
Old January 19th, 2009, 05:20 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Enzo is such a good boy! I wish ours would show such good manners when critters come a'callin'.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old January 19th, 2009, 07:40 PM
Senior Contributor

thats so nice of you!

Im glad fluffy dogs owners were so receptive to ure advice too

"No, Bunduk, Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!"
Old February 15th, 2009, 04:47 AM
Senior Contributor

lol.. just bringing this back up again, wondering if you got a chance to work with the doggy yet! And did enzo get his playdates!?
Jasper - White cat

R.I.P Casey #1.
Gone but never ever forgotten.
Old February 15th, 2009, 08:47 AM
border collie mama

I havent been over to help them, but the day when i caught their pupper i just gave them some ideas.

I have been really busy lately, so i havent had a chance to call them up yet, also i am taking enzo to the field almost everyday because he needs to work on his obedience, i mean its fine when he is alone, but when there is another dog there, he wont drop the ball or come to me, so i am going to work on those for a while, especially since it wont be too long before it warms up and there will lots of dogs to play with.