Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Cat health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 11th, 2010, 06:24 PM

cat with kidney failure, now has bladder infection

Hi - my siamese cat was diagnosed with kidney failure last Feb. and is on epakitin and azodyl. Last week I thought she had the cat flu as she had vomiting and diarrhea - the vet said if it goes on more than 2 days to bring her in. After 2 days she seemed to be ok again and then last night she started pacing back and forth to the litterbox and I saw blood in it. She also urinated on the carpet and I saw it was bloody when I wiped it up so took her to the vet thismorning and he did blood and urine tests and gave her an antibiotic injection. He said the injection lasts two weeks and I didn't have to take antibiotics home, he said it was some new thing. He recommended the k/d feline renal health canned food. Can anyone recommend what other foods I can give her? Maybe there is a good dried food, she seems to prefer the dried food now. Another thing I was wondering - the azodyl capsules say on the bottle to give whole, not to crush or open them but they are huge. I have been mixing them with canned food (receptionist at vet said this is ok) but was wondering if I could mix both of the meds with water and give them with a syringe (another receptionist at the vets suggested this). Has anyone ever dealt with these meds? I will get the results of the tests Saturday. Thanks for any info. anyone can give me

Tags
kidney failure