Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old October 14th, 2009, 09:18 AM
Senior Contributor

Aww what a little sweet-heart,they are just too cute
I took my Rocky to the vet last week,I can't imagine taking fourbut you are a prohope everyone was healthy
Old October 16th, 2009, 12:33 AM
Critter Cult Peon!!

Location: small, decrepit-but improving!-farm in Southern Ontario
Smile

EENteresting 'blankie theory', growler...hadn't thought of that one! As for la grande vet visite x 4 former ferals, well, there was a lot of crate lugging and sweat/glowing by KK, but things went pretty smoothly.

With my usual cunning (not near as smart as a ,, but I DO have my moments!), I readied all crates well in advance...and when les ferals were distracted by a meal-heh heh.

On Wed. aft., I lured Sparky and Pepper into the spare room (avec actual DOOR ), where I'd left their large crate; scooped 'em into it before they could become alarmed, and ferally!

In the case of MM and WW, I tempted THEM into the porch with some treats, where THEIR 2 crates awaited; again, a quick scoop (or 2, in this case), and they were crated without incident.

(Well, things did go according to plan and without evident trauma...but I'm sure I had daggers x 4-or maybe laser sights ?-aimed at moi, but I was impervious to any mutinous feral resentment...)

We had a sunny one hour drive; as usual, Pepper burrowed under the crate towels, and her brother lay on top of her, but not my problemo if she missed the scenery, silly girl.

Pulled into Simcoe right on time, and-after more crate hauling-met our fave Dr. Geoff in the clinic. Putting les ferals INTO crates is a breeze (unlike some of our 'always domestic' cats), but exiting is a bit more of a challenge; only WW needed to have the top of her crate removed .

As I was aware, all 4 cats had earmites; I've never had inside cats with mites, but perhaps this situation reflects the state of our lurvely farmhouse; it's much better now, with new/tight windows and insulation!!, but I could see how little bugs of all kinds would have found their way in this past summer.

The earmite issue had cropped up recently; I've treated them in cats that have 'come in' (strays, ferals), but didn't relish doing the drop thing, esp. with MM and WW. EEEEEEE.

So, it was great to have the vet techs swab and flush stuff; when we got home (after everyone had had a chance to regain their composure, including moi!), I efficiently applied the Sentinal? drop thingy behind each cat's shoulders, et voila.

To backtrack for a sec, all 4 former ferals were tense, but Dr. Geoff is great, and the weighing (WW was pronounced as well fleshed, but not notably overweight, so yay summer 'diet' )/vac's/general exam were free of any kitty drama.

A busy afternoon, and we WERE all glad to get back home, and have a stiff drink of...water . But nice to get that trip out of the way. Next week, I'll be taking little Tally in for his first shots, and JRT Sadie for her annual stuff; that SHOULD be a bit of an easier time, although if Sadie's in lick/whine mode, it could be a long ride!

On Thursday aft. I did some 'Nat'l Feral Cat Day' postering about town, and Friday will involve handing out some posters at the 2 pet stores, and interviewing the local feral contact I located. Not a huge step for area ferals...but a start, nonetheless.

I'll try to take a pic of the modified-heh heh-poster, and put it up here...
Old October 16th, 2009, 12:56 AM
Critter Cult Peon!!

Question

Well, I took some shots of the poster; hopefully it'll be legible, if you don't mind craning your neck, as it's on it's side (rotation is beyond me ). Please bear in mind it's not a professional print job, and the text was a collaboration of 2-3 feral folk...including me.

p.s. poster looks much more 'square' in the flesh so to speak; don't quite know why all the borders look so kinda not straight in the pic! ALSO, our own BB-er Tundra Queen got me off my duff with some great suggestions for poster text. THX, TQ!!
Attached Images

Last edited by kashtin's kin; October 17th, 2009 at 12:43 AM.
Old October 16th, 2009, 01:02 AM

Sounds like the ex-feral vet day went better than expected with the exception of a positive on the ear mites of course

for next weeks visit for Tally & Sadie

Poster looks great much better wording than the other option

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old October 16th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Senior Contributor

K-K,great poster,the only thing I can say,is that you should have posted a pic of a miserable kitty,this one is just too healthy looking,but the woords gets the message through.
So many people think cats can hunt for themselves and would rather be out there on their own,which is soooo wrong,as we all know,they are household pets,not Tigers.
Good job,as always K-K
Old October 16th, 2009, 07:13 PM
Critter Cult Peon!!

Smile

Tanks, growler and 'deuxchico', for the comments re: poster (and ear mite commisseration ). Yes, that poster cat does look a tad on the healthy side for a feral...but I just noticed today that s/he IS ear tipped i.e. top bit of cat's left ear taken off to indicate spay/neuter done, so I would imagine s/he lives in a managed feral cat colony.

When committed feral folk are well organized with food/shelter/vet care, the cats living in such a colony are pretty well off, in terms of being outdoor/'unowned' critters. Speaking of ferals (what else, today ?), my feral advocate/carer neighbour and I handed out more posters in town today; I was thrilled to see most of the ones I posted in windows/on bulletin boards etc. were still up !

For my article, I got a couple of good quotes from the local Humane Society manager ("We seem to have gotten the s/n message through to most dog owners, but people still treat cats as 'disposable', for the most part" GRRRR). He also mentioned that many dogs are recovered from the shelter by owners, but cats...rarely :sad:.

I'm hoping to get the story more or less written tonight; I got a nice pic of my neighbour with one of her ex-ferals, but it's on my work camera, so I can't post it here-rats. Hey, and SPEAKING of rats/mice, when I was at Mary Elizabeth's place to take the pic, one of her darling [7] cats had just brought in a dead mouse.

ME's method of dealing with mousey corpses is to wait until one of the little predators either eats said mouse, or carts it outside...so, of course, while I was concentrating on a good spot for the pic...I STEPPED on the poor thing !!! Boy, I sure am turning out to be quite the shrieker , with regard to vermin (see previous rat anecdote!!).

Anyhow, better get to work on the paid writing stuff-sigh.
Old October 16th, 2009, 09:38 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Here you go KK. See if that looks better.
Name:  IMG_3337_1.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  76.9 KB
It's a great poster! Very colourful. May just do the trick with attracting people's attention the way a black and white wouldn't.
Dragging four kitties to the vets is so much fun. I normally take three at a time but have been known to do four as well. Get it over and done with in a hurry. I'm glad the earmites will be tended post haste and done with. Hate the little beggars myself. I may have to take MiniMo in to get hers done again. Did they do the drops of other meds you get to do at home?
I yapped my way through my work day talking about feral kitties. Pretty easy to do when I have so many. Most people are at least receptive to the talk. A lot don't realize the problem is that big. Hiding behind walls again.
Stepping on mice? Better get used to it if you are planning a visit here soon. Stormy gal leaves me those little presents all the time. Fun stuff!!
I really am glad you managed to get the message through to at least some people. If we all work together it can be done!!! to you for all of your efforts!!!!

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old October 17th, 2009, 12:03 AM
Critter Cult Peon!!

Talking

Hey, thanks for the poster enhancement, 14+; you and growler seem to be my IT angels !! I am a "bear of little brain", as Winnie the Pooh proclaimed!

Great to hear you were promoting feral awareness 'extra speciale' today; I guess most of us feral carers could prattle away in our sleep ?? You have a great venue for passing along info...kudos to you for using it so well .

Re: the ear mite stuff, the vet techs did a 4 cat assembly line of irrigating and mucking out ears, then I did the 'drop behind shoulders' routine Wed. eve.-AFTER the still somewhat miffed kitties had each had a soothing helping of tuna!

And yes, I realize I DO have an unreasonable sensitivity to stepping on dead meeces. I think I'll maybe take along a pair of stilts WHEN I finally make the pilgrimage down to Le Catuary (although learning to use them will probably finish me off ).

My all time record-which is not incredibly impressive!-for taking multiple cats to the vet is 5...which is probably how I ended up so, uh, 'compromised' in the brain cell dept.

I made that trip a few times in Wpg; there were 5 cats in crates, along with one big ol' tom cat on a harness/leash . It was a 45ish min. drive in this huge hand me down, ancient Buick with a steering wheel like a ship!

'Brutus'-on-the-leash used to like to climb THROUGH the steering wheel, and check out the brake/accelerator; my driving can be problematic enough without a 14 lb. cat impairing steering et al.!

When I finally had everyone inside the clinic, stacked in their crates in the waiting room, Brutus would sit on my shoulder like a monkey as I checked in at the desk...luckily our annual visit was in late autumn, and I wore an old leather jacket!

I'm pretty sure some of the other clinic clients thought I was part of a domestic feline circus; we sure got everyone's attention !!
Old October 17th, 2009, 12:05 AM
Senior Contributor

KK, great poster!! I hope the message get across to lots of people. Tally is so darlin.

I hate stepping on dead mice bodies too, but it's better than having them run across your foot.

About 3 years ago, our fall was very wet and Willie kept finding these mice in the house for a total of 4! I kept stepping on the bodies as of course, he was so proud of himself he kept bringing them upstairs into the living room and dining room to share. The last one however was alive! I was sitting on the couch watching tv and he came up from the basement and came over to me I thought for his normal petting session......WRONG! He opened his mouth and a MOUSE dropped out and ran right over my foot! I jumped up on the couch and let out such a scream! I didn't know I could jump like that or scream like that either. LOL Anyways he caught it and then he let it go again and it ran under the furniture. Needless to say I went upstairs and closed the bedroom door so no presents would follow me upstairs. So I completely understand the screaming when stepping on meeces. LOL

Debbie

~Tegan 9 year old yellow lab~
~Wilbur 9 year old LH cat~
~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~O'Shawnnessey 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
~Mindy 7 yr old shih tzu~
~Dexter 10yr old Salmon (large goldfish)
Old October 17th, 2009, 12:41 AM
Critter Cult Peon!!

Thumbs up

TQ, nice meeces anecdote-EEEEEEEEEEEEE!! I guess I should count myself relatively lucky, although I just realized there are some encounters I have 'blocked out', over the years ("Get back down, ya lousy memories of bug-eyed/shrieking KK!") It's not so much the meece as the UNEXPECTED appearance of the meece that get me ...

Also, TQ, I think I mentioned in a previous post how helpful your suggestions were in getting me started in the 'right' direction (that'd be a first, for moi ) on the poster project. However, in the rush of the past week, and in posting-the-poster, I completely forgot to acknowledge your contribution . Mea culpa, maxima, as my pretentious Latin-sprouting baby bro' would say.

Or, how 'bout-OOOPSEY, I'm sorry, TQ, as the uneddicated moi would say?! I know you're not in it for the recognition or glory, but you DO deserve some promotion/credit...so, thanks soo much, again. You really did get my wee brain in gear; YAY Queen o' the Tundra!!
Old October 17th, 2009, 01:11 AM

I thankfully have never had the unpleasant feeling of stepping on a mouse dead or alive I have however had presents in both conditions (not stepped on & squishy though) dead & alive brought to me for lavish praising & secret disposing/releasing of, until my smarty pants Duffy realized she wasn't getting "dinner" back after the grand presentation, after that it was enjoyed next door in plain sight of me

Old October 18th, 2009, 10:20 AM

Awww! LOVE tuxedos! Yer keeping, non?

"The Kids"
~Corkie - Tuxedo, at the bridge (probably hogging the sunbeam)
~Sparks - Calico, 15 yrs
~Jollip - Senegal Parrot, 13 yrs
~Yeti - Himalayan, 12 yrs
~Pepin - Silver Martin/Dwarf Rabbit, 8 yrs
Old October 18th, 2009, 06:56 PM
Critter Cult Peon!!

Smile

Yup, gotta love them 'formally attired' kitties...although my absolute favourite colour is smokey grey, and I've never had a cat of that colour FIND ME , as the saying goes. And yup, Tally is here to stay, although after swearing to a critter moratorium with DH in the summer, MOI may have to find a new habitat !

growler, your recounting of cat prezzies is hair/fur raising; my WORST 'squishy step' experience was just a few months ago, when one foot landed heavily on a dead bird nestling. I can still recall the awful :sad: sensation of that...sent DH out to make sure of what I had stepped on, and to confirm it wasn't ME that had, um, dispatched the poor baby bird.

(Well, it's not as if DH was able to carry out a CSI type post mortem there in our yard, but he does have very good observational and deductive skills...)

Speaking of that sad ornithological episode, reminds me that in our first spring on this property, a fair number of featherless nestlings were blown out of our MANY large trees...most often, to be found without vital signs, on the ground.

(Someone mentioned that baby birds are sometimes kicked out of their nest by parents??, or by marauding birds. Mummy Nature can be awful cruel...)

Out of all the wee birds who fell, I ended up driving 2 on separate occasions, to a vet clinic with a wildlife rehab license, and techs, which is over an hour away (close to where we used to live). After the second bird, I was told that as a 'non-resident', I really coudn't bring more...didn't find more after that, in any case.

By next year, they'll have forgotten me, and I'll use my old address ...OR, I may try to gain some sort of knowledge re: keeping wee birds alive with drops etc. I fear the emotional wear and tear of such a difficult task, but figure it's better than NOT knowing how to help at all.

I'm glad we have indoor cats, because the conflicting situation of saving birds/cats hunting birds, would likely send me bonkers-short trip, and all that. Enough of zis digression, must email in stories...especially feral cat one. Must also cross fingers that it runs, and in a 'good' spot .
Old October 18th, 2009, 09:35 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Smokey grey kitty huh? Mmmmm, I have four presently...........

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old October 19th, 2009, 01:29 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashtin's kin View Post
TQ, nice meeces anecdote-EEEEEEEEEEEEE!! I guess I should count myself relatively lucky, although I just realized there are some encounters I have 'blocked out', over the years ("Get back down, ya lousy memories of bug-eyed/shrieking KK!") It's not so much the meece as the UNEXPECTED appearance of the meece that get me ...

Also, TQ, I think I mentioned in a previous post how helpful your suggestions were in getting me started in the 'right' direction (that'd be a first, for moi ) on the poster project. However, in the rush of the past week, and in posting-the-poster, I completely forgot to acknowledge your contribution . Mea culpa, maxima, as my pretentious Latin-sprouting baby bro' would say.

Or, how 'bout-OOOPSEY, I'm sorry, TQ, as the uneddicated moi would say?! I know you're not in it for the recognition or glory, but you DO deserve some promotion/credit...so, thanks soo much, again. You really did get my wee brain in gear; YAY Queen o' the Tundra!!
KK, u did thank me! I'm just glad I could help though I'm sure u would of gotten those brain cells going on your own! And your right, I wasn't in it for the glory, just wanted to help. *S*

I actually don't mind mice. I remember finding one in the basement years ago in my son's nintendo box...I picked up the box and took it outside and released it in the park. I just don't like them surprising me. LOL

Quote:
Yup, gotta love them 'formally attired' kitties...although my absolute favourite colour is smokey grey, and I've never had a cat of that colour FIND ME , as the saying goes. And yup, Tally is here to stay, although after swearing to a critter moratorium with DH in the summer, MOI may have to find a new habitat !
KK, I know of a beautiful grey kitty with little white paws just for you!!! Greyson!! *G*

14+ I would love to adopt Snoopy and Benni and and Duece...I love grey and white tabbies!!

Debbie

~Tegan 9 year old yellow lab~
~Wilbur 9 year old LH cat~
~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~O'Shawnnessey 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
~Mindy 7 yr old shih tzu~
~Dexter 10yr old Salmon (large goldfish)
Old October 19th, 2009, 05:59 PM
Critter Cult Peon!!

Smile

TQ and 14+, thanks for the posts, but NOT the mention of smokey grey kitties !! It's my fault for opening by big ol' mouth (alas, my special 'talent??'), but have mercy on poor leetle KK!!

My position in our increasingly liveable home (insulation mostly done, more improvements to follow ) is already tenuous enough, what with wee Tally waiting out his quarantine in the barn!!

My brain is working overtime [enough already!] trying to figure out just how the heck I'm gonna incorporate ze bitty tuxedo into the household without DH noticing . Maybe I should just pretend not to see Tally...but DH is already aware I'm out of touch with reality, so not a valid excuse .

Re: Tally, he had an especially fun day [today], as I spent a few hours on barn type chores; he was out of his big cage most of the day. Lots of shavings body surfing, catnip mouse hiding, etc.

Plus I brought in some more hay bales, so new stuff to explore. Luckily Tally is as much a sucker for tuna as the ferals; I just have to tap the top of the 'tuna jar', and he zips into the cage. Much preferable to trying to stuff a reluctant kitten in...

I'll have to take some more pics tonight, and post soon; they grow up sooo fast-sigh.

p.s. don't think anyone has emailed re: the feral cat day initiative, but early days. I DID get the name of a couple of people in town who care for ferals on an individual basis, so to speak, while 'postering'. Am planning to try to contact them SOON; today was paper deadline day...and I had some technical difficulties.
Old October 20th, 2009, 12:11 AM

I hope you managed to get your story run in a prominant spot for everyone to see

One minute of tiny tuxedo kitten purring in his ear & I'm sure DH will be sunk

Old October 20th, 2009, 01:00 AM
Critter Cult Peon!!

Smile

Yeah, growler, paws crossed for a suitably 'in yer face' [politely] spot; if only I was an editor, with all that lay-out power ! The whole paper would be FILLED with critter issuesetc. (HMMM, perhaps I should start my OWN lil' paper...if only furbuddies had more disposable income .)

And thanks for the tip on 'purring tuxie in DH's ear'; if that somehow backfires i.e. Tally tries to clean ear out with claw??-can I come and live with you ?
I think 14+ is a little low on space, and I also may have to put a few provinces between me and DH heh heh.

(I'm sure you must have gathered by now, DH is truly a long suffering fella; when we met, he had one cat, and within a year, we shared 4 cats, 3 dogs, and 2 horses . However, we's a tad 'skint' of late, and DH has been shouldering the world re: his ma, sibs, for too long...y'all know about that poor camel and 'one more straw'...)

ANYhow, I did try to get some more Young Tally pics a bit earlier, whilst doing chores. I'm such a sucker for kitten pics, that I may just go wild and post all 6 (that aren't blurs of wee kitty zipping about barn, causing merry mayhem-dunno if Ponyface totally appreciates having her evening meal shared with a catnip mouse and 4 lb. kitten??).
Attached Images

Old October 20th, 2009, 01:09 AM
Critter Cult Peon!!

Red face

Ookay, so I'm officially smitten with kitten (despite my efforts to stem the tide of those being created)...it's not as if Tally can be 'unborn', and he DID find ME, after all...pics show: Tally helping me sweep out his cage/Tally inspecting pony blanket/Tally bringing his mouse to dine with Ponyface.
Attached Images

Last edited by kashtin's kin; October 20th, 2009 at 01:13 AM.
Old October 20th, 2009, 01:17 AM

Quote:
And thanks for the tip on 'purring tuxie in DH's ear'; if that somehow backfires i.e. Tally tries to clean ear out with claw??-can I come and live with you ?
I think 14+ is a little low on space, and I also may have to put a few provinces between me and DH heh heh.
Absolutely! though I must warn you not a whole lotta space in this 1 bdrm apt w/postage-stamp-sized-kitchen not that my culinary skills are anything to speak of

Tally is so adorable playing with stuff in the barn I had a b&w tuxedo boy when I was little If I was closer & Duffy wouldn't raise such a stink about other cats I would be so tempted

Old October 20th, 2009, 09:23 AM
Senior Contributor

Aww K_K,love little Tally,but then again,I cannot look at any little one,without getting cuteness overload tears in my eyes
Did DH even see Tally yet???
Old October 20th, 2009, 11:29 PM
Critter Cult Peon!!

Smile

Oo, growler, tanks for the invite ; it'll be nice to be right in Van while I do my count down training for the the Olympic luge!! It's been such a pain commuting to Calgary and Van all this time-and staying with you will be one long pj party! (I DID mention I'm an insomniac, right?)

Ponyface is well under 1000 lbs., so I don't imagine we'll need to worry about reinforcing the floor ...unless she decides to join Riverdance again; then, she'll need to be practicing a bit. As for Sadie-the-JRT, she usually whines at such a high pitch, it isn't even audible to the human ear!!

And no, chicodeux (heh heh), I don't think DH knows of my nefarious plans to add-a-cat. Well, given my history of 'temporary' critters who somehow become permanent, there's probably a corner of his brain with the warning lights flashing ...

On Wednesday afternoon, Sadie has her annual check-up, and Tally is due for his first shots. The lovely friend I inveigled into posing as the 'feral contact' for my story (she really does have 7 rescued cats, but despite having acted in community theatre a LOT , 'M.E' otherwise prefers to avoid the spotlight!) is coming along.

I think she volunteered to assist because she'll get to visit with Tally for a few hours . Tally really is awfully good 'kitten therapy'...even when I need the therapy because of HIS shenanigans, i.e. he totally trashed the cage today (he's been sooo neat?!), but then did a whole bunch of ridiculously CUTE pouncing!

Better get some road trip zzzzz's...travelling with Sadie will certainly not make a JRT fan of M.E., I fear; Tally's charms better be worthwhile!!

p.s. am planning to take some road trip and clinic pics-maybe I can do a documentary. We'll see!?
Old October 21st, 2009, 12:28 AM
Critter Cult Peon!!

Exclamation

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, just had a somewhat more interesting time of it than usual tucking in the ponies/Tally (sure pays to have yer own defibrillation unit...and trained critters!).

When I opened the large back barn door tonight, I was my usual meticulously organized self-except for having M. V's stall door CLOSED. OOPS. Luckily Tally's cage is in a safe corner (in terms of not being run overable!); V just went down the whole barn aisle, turned around, and zipped into her stall. Good pony!!

Tally, as mentioned was snug as a bug in a rug; he's frolicked around V as she eats etc., and seen ponies come in and out, but I think the manner in which V sorta stomped the length of the barn twice, rather shattered T's overconfidence: "She's honkin' BIG!"

I had been concerned that Tally hadn't taken to his 'boxcave', even on colder nights, but it was evident THAT is indeed his hideyhole/panic room Poor lil' tyke wouldn't even get out of the box for our usual nightly play session .

So, I just reassured him as best I could, and put some tuna right in with him; Tally ate it, so can't be irrevocably psychologically damaged; good thing, as I don't really have the money for kitty therapy right now. It's probably just as well he's gained a bit o' respect for ponies...likely won't be playing with V's tail anytime soon...

I'm sure T-man will have recovered his nerve-or most of it-by morning. He'll get lots of hugs and reassurance...
Old October 21st, 2009, 01:09 AM

Management would be having quite the time figuring out how to deal with a Pony they likely won't even notice there's a dog in the no-dogs--allowed-building

Quite the experience for Tally, good thing he was safely tucked away . I'll bet V was just so happy to do a little free frolicking of her own she forgot she's much bigger than the wee boarder in the PonyBarn

for the vet visits for both Sadie & Tally

Old October 21st, 2009, 11:17 PM
Critter Cult Peon!!

Smile

Thanks again, growler-between pony step dancing, and my off-track luge exercises...you'll hardly know we're there !! Your good vet trip vibes must have worked, too, as things went pretty much according to plan. This fall's vet schedule is nothing compared to the one in 2006, where I was carting off feral kittens and toms for shots and surgery every other day, it seemed .

However, it's a tad hectic when you factor in the constant house/'farm' (outside) demands, Xtreme reporting , and the like. The good news is that Sadie didn't yodel, or do her impression of an operatic mezzo soprano for the entire 3 hour round trip. Her relative quietude was greatly appreciated.

We travelled with Sadie crated, along with a crated kitty to start, but let Tally out to be cuddled and explore the car, since he is restricted to the barn/cage otherwise (3 more weeks , according to Dr. Geoff-he needs to get his boosters, etc.). Mr. Tally did seem to enjoy the novelty of the ride, although he slept most of the way home...muchos stimulation.

Aside from Sadie mistaking a crabby black lab for Le Roy, and nearly getting a nip (my fault-distracted :sad, things were a veritable doddle-except for my having to use the washroom at the clinic . Had to bring Sadie with me, as she was in high anxiety JRT mode (she and Le Roy boy were not happy to be separated); big ol' Roy is a stabilizing influence on Mlle. Neurotique.

Here are a few clinic pics...Tally's big day , plus one pic of Tally lounging in the passenger seat-lil' co-pilot .

p.s. letting Tally travel uncrated was dependant on his not being too active, and having M.E. along to help; don't generally zip about with uncrated critters...

Last edited by kashtin's kin; October 21st, 2009 at 11:36 PM.
Old October 21st, 2009, 11:22 PM
Critter Cult Peon!!

Smile

The Big Vet Trip...
Attached Images

Old October 21st, 2009, 11:31 PM
Critter Cult Peon!!

Smile

...and a couple more: Sadie in frenetic mode (she's actually very brave with her shots, etc., and was pleased to find her weight unchanged-no wardrobe alterations for the winter fashion season !), and T-Man posing as world weary kitten traveller .
Attached Images

Old October 21st, 2009, 11:53 PM
Senior Contributor

KK, I have enjoyed all of your 20 some odd pages / stories, so glad that Tally survived his vet visit. You have really good looking co-pilot there.
Old October 22nd, 2009, 01:03 AM

Great pics man that little Tally sure is a gorgeous little guy

Wasn't that some stroke of luck/fate that Roy "came w/the house" nice that he has that effect on Sadie

Old October 22nd, 2009, 08:20 AM
Senior Contributor

KK,You are sooo funny,I've always loved reading about your adventures,kitties,horses,pups and your soon to be completed new country-estate.
Love the pics of little Tally,hope he had a clean bill of health,he's a sweety for sure
I can so relate to JRT storiesmy sons even at 9yrs old is pure energy