Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Pets that have passed away - Rainbow bridge

Old October 28th, 2011, 01:21 PM

Dearest DD, I've never been here B4 and do hope I'm saying this right. I'm SO very sorry for your loss. I know from personal experience that the pain never goes away. BUT it does become bearable with time. I lost my Min 7 years ago. She was 14. I swore never again would I have another dog. But the Great Spirit in the sky said I was being foolish and that a dog needed me. So he sent me Rosie. She had been badly abused and we healed together. That's why I am 'So Grateful'. I'm certain my precious Min smiles down on me and at this moment is playing with your dear Shadow. Many, many "hugs" to you
Old October 28th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Senior Contributor

So Grateful, thank you for taking the time to share your feelings with me. If you stick around here you will find that like yourself we are a very supportive group. All the good wishes I've received are appreciated deeply. I am fortunate that I still have another pup at home - well Halo is 11 years old - so it has really helped to ease my loss. That said, it was time for Shadow to go to the bridge and be released of her pain. She will never be forgotten for sure. I am glad you were able to open your heart to another dog in need. Bless you for rescuing a pup who desperately needed your loving.
Old October 28th, 2011, 05:54 PM
owned by Tucker

DD so sorry to hear about Shadow may she run free with no painShadow and a for you and your family DD you are in my thoughts
Old October 31st, 2011, 02:41 PM
Senior Contributor

Thank you doggy lover, there will always be a special place in my heart for Shadow. We miss her terribly, but it was her time. Thank you again for your thoughts. Hugs back at you.
Old November 1st, 2011, 08:48 AM
Agility addict

I am sorry. Though I am very happy to hear a story of a dog who was much loved and lived a full life with a great home.
Old November 1st, 2011, 11:28 AM
Senior Contributor

Thank you Dekka, Shadow was much loved, as is Halo. I used to laugh because my neighbours always used to tell me when they died they wanted to come back as one of my dogs! Yeah, they're spoiled, just a bit.