Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old March 27th, 2012, 09:40 PM
Senior Contributor
Tetris Champion, Cell-Out Champion

Introducing Montana

We got a call from Dr. Marsdens office last week. Krysta said she just had to tell me about a 3 and a half month old puppy that had come in with his foster mom. He's extremely timid with people and quite fearful of most everything around him. He and his sister were picked up as strays. Unfortunately, she was put down due to her fearfulness

Krysta thought that Nookie would be a wonderful opportunity to help bring this baby out of his shell, and to help heal our broken hearts. I was very hesitant at first, I just wasn't ready to even think about another furbaby yet. But Nookie is still quite depressed and has chewed a couple of holes in his leg since Thorin's passing, so we thought we'd at least meet Montana and see how Nookie reacted. We spent a little over 2 hours with him at his foster home. He wouldn't come near us and would just back himself into corners and bark and growl. I finally decided to corral him into his crate, then picked him up... and he just melted into me! I held him for a bit then put him in Shaun's lap. He stayed there for about 15 minutes, and didn't even try to run away. Shaun loved on him and he almost fell asleep
He's considered unadoptable at this time, but because we're willing to take him and deal with the issues, they're going to let us adopt him

He reminded both Shaun and I of Thorin, SO much! He had the same sad eyes, and fearfulness. We just wanted to cuddle him
I had already said I definitely did NOT want a puppy... but it looks like we're getting one

He is getting neutered tomorrow and we pick him up on Friday. Meet Montana:
Attached Images

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole" - Ok... whoever said this has never had a sick or special needs baby. They ARE our whole life!

R.I.P. my sweet, handsome Thorin. You are missed dearly Dec. 25, 1999 - Mar. 4, 2012
Old March 27th, 2012, 11:33 PM
Senior Contributor

Rgeurts that's so fabulous! I think Thorin sent that puppy your way knowing you could help him and he you. I'm so excited for you both and for Nookie too, I gather he was okay with the puppy. By the way, that's a biiiiig puppy!

Yay Montana - you just have no idea the world of wonderful you're headed for! Oh and it's okay buddy, no balls is a good thing!! Really it means they love ya!
Old March 28th, 2012, 02:26 AM
Senior Contributor

What wonderful news, Robyn. He does look fearful in the photo with you, but no doubt will get used to having his photo taken (lots!) . LOL. Couldn't have better owners than someone who's been there, done that, and who love dogs like you and Shane do. He's a good looking big snuggly boy. Did Nookie like him?
Old March 28th, 2012, 04:23 AM
Senior Contributor

oh my god he is gorgeous!!!! and what a home he'll have, you guys will fix him up properly...good luck and congrats.
Old March 28th, 2012, 08:05 AM
Senior Contributor

What a beautiful BIG puppy you have. This puppy found you.......congrats!!!!!!!
Old March 28th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Senior Contributor

I met Montana yesterday at EHS and yes he is a pretty big guy for a 3 month old. Very sweet disposition, I think that Robyn and Shaun will be so good for him. Congrats Robyn, Shaun and Nanook.
Old March 28th, 2012, 09:20 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

He seems like such a sweetheart, Robyn! Congratulations to all of you on the new addition!!! Nanook is gonna love being the big brother!!!!

Montana, you are one lucky dude!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old March 28th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Senior Contributor

I forgot to ask if they gave you a guess as to what mix he was. He looks like he's going to be gigantic. I can't get enough of looking at him.
Old March 28th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Senior Contributor
Space Invaders Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion

What a smart boy to have wormed his way into your heart so soon. He doesn't know that he has just won the lottery. He found the best parents possible.

Congrats to all of you. Can't wait to here update and see lots of pictures.

Owned by

Bree 12 year old GSD
Keesha 8 year old GSD
Cyrus 7 year old GSD

RIP: All my angels.
Old March 28th, 2012, 11:23 AM

What a big puppy! He looks like he's a heartbreaker. What a lucky pup to have found you!

Congrats on the new addition
Old March 28th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Senior Contributor

OMG, what a face...congrats on your new unexpected addition, which I think are sometimes the best additions ever!!!!
It's too bad his sister was euthanised..she was probably just so so scared and never been loved....
Old March 28th, 2012, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Dancer View Post
I forgot to ask if they gave you a guess as to what mix he was. He looks like he's going to be gigantic. I can't get enough of looking at him.
Could he have some Leonbgerger in the mix??? That fuzz high on his forehead got me thinking...
Old March 28th, 2012, 08:16 PM
Senior Contributor
Tetris Champion, Cell-Out Champion

Thanks all!! We confirmed this evening that we will be able to pick him up at noon on Friday. He had his surgery today (neuter) and all went well.

DD, As for the breed... not sure lol. They say GSDx. I think he may be part Akita just from the coloring, partially curled tail and the thick/soft fur. I has an Akita when I was younger and he reminds me a bit of him, though the eyes/ears are completely different.

Mirela, Leonberger... interesting! I hadn't thought of that. You just don't see them around here very often. But that banding does look like it could be. Although brindle Akitas tend to have that same banding. Whatever he is, he's adorable

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole" - Ok... whoever said this has never had a sick or special needs baby. They ARE our whole life!

R.I.P. my sweet, handsome Thorin. You are missed dearly Dec. 25, 1999 - Mar. 4, 2012
Old March 29th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Senior Contributor

Well Montana just won the lottery by having been adopted by your family. I agree with DD I am sure Thorin knew this was the pup for you. I hope this helps to get Nookie out of his depression. Keep us updated on Montana and Nookies progress. I see Leonberger too. Good luck
Now owned by Clark the Crazy American Bulldog
Old March 29th, 2012, 09:09 AM
Senior Contributor

My goodness. Or should I say, YOUR goodness. It's so touching when the great big ones are timid like that and have no idea that they could intimidate people. I bet he turns out to be a great boy now you have him.

You will have to post regular updates on his growth so we can see his size and keep up with the breed guessing as he matures. With photos. Please?
Old March 29th, 2012, 09:24 AM
Senior Contributor

Need more pics!!!!!! Can't wait so see how big he gets! U think Shepherd/Mastiff with the brindle? And size?
Old March 29th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Chum Mum

What a handsome fellow!!! Congrats on the new addition..he doesn't know how lucky he is to end up with you as his new pet parents.
R.I.P. Boog,Pootie, Bud & Tarkha
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I look into your soft brown eyes,
Where love and loyal homage shine,
And wonder where the difference lies
Between your soul and mine!
Old March 29th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Administrator - Pet lover

That's awesome Rgeurts!!
what a cutie!!
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter