Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Off topic forum

Old June 23rd, 2010, 03:10 PM
Senior Contributor

LOL!! Hazel

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/ottawa/stor...arthquake.html

The epicentre of the quake hit at 45.86 degrees N, 75.46 degrees W, just north of the town of Buckingham, Quebec.

"There are small fault lines along Lake Erie and Lake Ontario" and a "relatively active fault line that runs parallel to the St. Lawrence Valley," she said just minutes after the quake. <-- I think that is where my mom was thinkin

The last major earthquake on that fault line measured 5.4-magnitude in 1998, she said.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/ottawa/stor...#ixzz0ri0vZbv4
Old June 23rd, 2010, 03:18 PM
-

Like 14k said I was talking to her, I told her how freaky it was, spooked Herbie, made the plants shake, the old church creaked a bit....of course Gerri said "maybe it's an earthquake".....flippin' Mrs Know-it-all ...she was right again

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
You mean the capitol bldg in Ottawa is as filled with bad karma as the one in DC?
Mucho bad karma you bet Hazel, it's so bad the Karma was trying to get out
Old June 23rd, 2010, 03:22 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

You're getting as bad as me and madame hazel, Chris! Does flippin' Mrs Know-it-all have a crystal ball like madame hazel does?

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old June 23rd, 2010, 03:29 PM
-

Quote:
You're getting as bad as me and madame hazel, Chris! Does flippin' Mrs Know-it-all have a crystal ball like madame hazel does?
She does Hazel, I think she has it hidden in the Catuary....with 36 cats defending I have no chance of finding it
Old June 23rd, 2010, 03:33 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Ooops...I just realized that I misread your post about flippin' Mrs Know-it-all! I thought you meant you said it was an earthquake... (Sorry Gerri! Sorry Chris! )

I gotta start readin' things a little more slowly...but it's hard cuz I've had about 6 cups of coffee already today.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old June 23rd, 2010, 03:37 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

lol,,just saw a news cast where some NDP politician was just about to make a speech when everything started shaking..all the reporters hightailed it out and the noob politician just sat there,,the expression on his face didn't even change.

Last edited by aslan; June 23rd, 2010 at 03:43 PM.
Old June 23rd, 2010, 03:41 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Well there ya go! The epicenter!

Old June 23rd, 2010, 04:12 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Ooops...I just realized that I misread your post about flippin' Mrs Know-it-all! I thought you meant you said it was an earthquake... (Sorry Gerri! Sorry Chris! )

I gotta start readin' things a little more slowly...but it's hard cuz I've had about 6 cups of coffee already today.
No problem hazel. I've been called a lot worse! Probably in here within the last couple of days.
Chris - I keep my crystal balls hidden very very well. Usually in spots where I can't find them half the time!!

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old June 23rd, 2010, 04:22 PM
Senior Contributor

Aslan,I thought you were going to say,some NDP politician said it was Harpers fault(line)he caused it
I did not feel anything here in Oakville..
Old June 23rd, 2010, 04:23 PM
Senior Contributor

I just thought it was all the machinery outside my front window doing road work *L* damn near spilled my coffee, I would have been so mad! wasn't too bad a one..my girlfriend was here and thought it was my washer off balance.
Old June 23rd, 2010, 08:00 PM
You can call me DOG!

We felted it down here in Niagara today too!

Holy crap-that was pretty scary stuff.

At first, we thought it was a big truck passing our building but after feeling the cement floor shake from underneath our feet, we knew it wasn't no darn truck. What was weird was that the people standing in the office never felt it but just the ones sitting on our butts did.

What a weird feeling.

Rest in Peace Bailey: 12/10/95-1/9/09 (Golden Retriever)
Rest in Peace Kitty: 7/1/2000 - 10/7/2013
Rest in Peace Gryphon (sounds like Griffin): 10/15/2004 - 11/18/2017 (English Springer Spaniel)
Bella: 3/09/2005 LHD Cat adopted by/from Child
Mollie: 6/2/2009 (English Setter)
Old June 23rd, 2010, 08:02 PM
Senior Contributor

Midland ON had a Tornado rip through it not long ago.. Watches & warning all over people for severe weather.. If the locusts start to coming I am heading to hazels
Old June 23rd, 2010, 08:03 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

now they're calling for tornadoe's in some of ontario,,,think we ticked mother nature off..
Old June 23rd, 2010, 08:07 PM
You can call me DOG!

Hubby was just watching a Detroit station and they interrupted the program with that radio emergency alert sound noting tornado sightings in Detroit.

Orillia, Barrie & Fenelon Falls are under a Tornado warning right now too and the doppler is showing all sorts of pink and red colours!

Rest in Peace Bailey: 12/10/95-1/9/09 (Golden Retriever)
Rest in Peace Kitty: 7/1/2000 - 10/7/2013
Rest in Peace Gryphon (sounds like Griffin): 10/15/2004 - 11/18/2017 (English Springer Spaniel)
Bella: 3/09/2005 LHD Cat adopted by/from Child
Mollie: 6/2/2009 (English Setter)
Old June 23rd, 2010, 08:08 PM
Senior Contributor

For sure .. My sister is in Midland looking at FB pics from someone and Holy <beep> she & Bro-in-law are ok & kittys too

Cant get her and see if she is ok on phone

Those have been dropped klm Weather Warnings
Tornado Warning for Peterborough - Kawartha Lakes
Tornado Warning for Fenelon Falls - Balsam Lake Park - Northern Kawartha Lakes
Tornado Warning for Apsley - Woodview - Northern Peterborough County
Tornado watch for Windsor - Essex - Chatham-Kent
Tornado watch for Chatham-Kent - Rondeau Park
Tornado watch for Windsor - Leamington - Essex County
Old June 23rd, 2010, 08:11 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondsmum View Post
Midland ON had a Tornado rip through it not long ago.. Watches & warning all over people for severe weather.. If the locusts start to coming I am heading to hazels
No defense against tornadoes here, either--my sister called me this morning as she was driving through a devastated area from yesterday's storms not 10 miles from her home!

Everyone be safe!

Old June 23rd, 2010, 08:14 PM
Senior Contributor

your pack can protect me well we can all try

This is crazy weather i tell ya
Old June 23rd, 2010, 09:31 PM
~Cat Servent~

I remember the one in 82, some stuff shook off our shelves....but this one we didn't even notice at work. People came in after who were at a visitation and said the coffin was shaking... the girl I was working with said ooo that would be creepy...and I thought how insensitive to the lady.... but then after, my sick sense of humour kicked in and I thought you know me and my dad would be the ones to say 'back up...they've come to take him now...' lol.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old June 23rd, 2010, 09:49 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Yeah, madame hazel's sense of humor appreciates that! If it were me in the coffin, I'd take great joy in giving everyone one last laugh!

Old June 23rd, 2010, 09:53 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Didn't feel a thing here. Strange when it seems tremors were all around us. Maybe our "mountain" is good for something huh? I have felt tremors twice when I lived in Owen Sound. First time I thought it was a truck on our street. Second about four or five years later I knew what it was. Weird feeling. I can't imagine how terrifying it would be to be in the middle of a serious one.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old June 23rd, 2010, 10:01 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

I visited LA once (and only once ) and there are freeways there stacked 5 high! Can you imagine a quake while driving one of those highways?!? Or being in a tall building?!

I'd have to change some items of clothing after even a small quake, I'm afraid...

Old June 23rd, 2010, 11:43 PM
Senior Contributor

I'm 2 1/2 hours northeast of Toronto and didn't feel a thing from the earthquake. The tornado watch is for just a smidge south of me, I'm only about 10 minutes away from the northern part of Kawartha Lakes region. Things seem to be calm now but earlier we had torrential rain and some thunder. It was weird, I waited past some heavy rain and went out when it let up a bit to put away my chickens and ducks and close up the coop for the night. It started really pouring rain again so I waited it out in the chicken coop and then 10 minutes later there was blue sky and sun showing again. Took the dogs out for their evening run around and they had a great time splashing around. The fields were running with water and some temporary ponds have appeared. After I was back in the house we got more heavy rain.

If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion!

http://www.racingrescues.com
http://www.goodbyegoose.com
Old June 24th, 2010, 06:19 AM

I sure felt the earthquake! It seemed like the ceiling in my office was going to fall down!

We got evacuated from our building (West Block, Parliament Hill) and weren't allowed back in. I didn't have my phone or any money or keys or anything. I had to borrow some random stranger's phone in order to call my SO to come get me! Hahah.

West Block is as old as the hills... I thought that the building was just starting to collapse or something, so I hightailed it out of there. They were doing checks for asbestos leaks when I left three hours later...

It was pretty nervewrecking for the first little while not to be able to call my SO or our housing company to see if everything was alright! I was worried about my pups on the 22nd floor! And we weren't sure the extent of the damage at that point. Like in my office, there was stuff coming down from the ceiling and everything :S

I think in Ottawa the rumble lasted about 30 seconds or more. I was out of my building before it was over! Maybe that's why I forgot my stuff. To freaked! Hahah.

Hope I can get back in this morning! Can't seem to find any information from anyone...
Old June 24th, 2010, 07:19 AM
Senior Contributor

Indeed there was an earthquake that was felt here, but I was on the phone with a client and did not even notice. Must be the meds!
Old June 24th, 2010, 12:38 PM
Administrator - Pet lover

I TOTALLY felt this yesterday in Montreal at about 1:46 Pm
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter
Old June 26th, 2010, 10:04 AM
Senior Contributor
Space Invaders Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion

It was my day off and Iwas sitting on my couch and it started to vibrate. I thought one of the dogs was up against the couch and was scratching. I looked and no one was there. Greta looked up at me with a WTH look and I thought there must be an earthquake somewhere.

Sure enough Iturned the t.v. on a couple of hours later and heard all about it.

In the late 70's I lived in Whitehorse and there was an earthquake in Alaska. I was at work, standing talking to a co-worker when I started to feel ill, I looked out the window and the cars that were parked were moving back and forth, I will never forget that. I don't know how people do it in California, I would be a basket case.

Owned by

Bree 12 year old GSD
Keesha 8 year old GSD
Cyrus 7 year old GSD

RIP: All my angels.
Old June 26th, 2010, 11:28 AM
-

Someone posted on facebook that he thought it was Quebec , trying to separate
Old June 26th, 2010, 12:11 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Ha! Best comment yet. Half my family is from Buckingham, the town near the epicentre, and the other half is from Montreal. So I hope not.

I remember 1982. Didn't feel this one.

The tornados the same day were far more serious. Extensive damage done but amazingly no critical injuries and no deaths.
Old June 26th, 2010, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
my brother in law had this as his comment on facebook...

not sure if he 'came up with it' or saw it somewhere and thought it was funny and decided to share

“Dogs believe they are human. Cats believe they are God.”

"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person."
Old June 26th, 2010, 03:21 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masha View Post
my brother in law had this as his comment on facebook...

not sure if he 'came up with it' or saw it somewhere and thought it was funny and decided to share
unless his name is Matthieu ...