Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Foster talk - Rescue talk - NO listings please

Old February 8th, 2011, 03:33 PM
Banned Temporarily

Thumbs up Getting ready to foster

Hey all I am new to the site this will be my first thread...

I have filled out an application had a home visit and am finally approved through a local shelter to foster.

Next weekend is the organizations monthly Adoption Day and I am going to help out and then recieve my foster dog. I have one in mind and if she doesnt get adopted I am going to get her but if she does the lady over the fostering program wants me to consider some of the other dogs too. Now I have my own dog Emie she is a 21 week old mashi she weighs about 5Ibs. I also have one that stays outside Mila she is a 2 year old mix breed that weighs about 40Ibs. I have researched on the Internet and go a little information on fostering however I am looking for more personal stories tips from people who have done it recently. I have asked organization they pay for all medical expenses and supply me with a crate for sleeping and training. They also said that they would supply most of the food but I would have to purchase my own occasionaly. I will be keeping the dog until it gets adopted. And oh yeah I have made sure they know I do not want very large dogs for the safety of my little Emie.

So does anyone have any tips on how to keep my house in good condition. I know accidents happen and stuff will happen but I want to make this dog feel at home as much as possible while keeping my home and my other dogs safe. Also, I take my dog Emie everywhere I go so should I do the same with the new foster dog. And when I go on vacation this summer should I take it with me if the organization allows it or should I ask them to keep it at another foster home until I get back? Thanks so much and I will be waiting for a reply!
Old February 8th, 2011, 03:54 PM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

what is a mashi?

Has your little dog had all it's vaccinations, 3 D2App, 2 bordetella, 2 leptospirosis... is she on flea and worming treatment? These are questions you need to ask before considering fostering. Do you have a set up where you can keep the other dog out of contact from your little dog to monitor behaviour etc? Fostering is a wonderful and rewarding experience but you have to make sure that your small dog is well protected before bringing a new dog home from a shelter. Same goes for your outside dog ()
Old February 8th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Senior Contributor

I'm canadian and not sure what its like in Kentucky but do you get cold spells? I'd say when you go on vacation that normally they will place your fosters in another foster home till you return, I know here , with the spca (not sure about rescues) if you keep a dog or cat outside you aren't allowed to foster.
Old February 8th, 2011, 06:24 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinda View Post
I'm canadian and not sure what its like in Kentucky but do you get cold spells? I'd say when you go on vacation that normally they will place your fosters in another foster home till you return, I know here , with the spca (not sure about rescues) if you keep a dog or cat outside you aren't allowed to foster.
Rescues and shelters here in Quebec do not let anyone who has outside animals the ok to foster and with good reason.
Old February 8th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Senior Contributor
Tetris Champion, Cell-Out Champion

Kentucky does get some chilly spells, but nothing like here.
Most places there average between -7 for the lows in the winter to about 32 for the summer highs. Beautiful place though!!

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole" - Ok... whoever said this has never had a sick or special needs baby. They ARE our whole life!

R.I.P. my sweet, handsome Thorin. You are missed dearly Dec. 25, 1999 - Mar. 4, 2012
Old February 8th, 2011, 08:27 PM
Banned Temporarily

Emie is up to date on all her medication and has been wormed recently. I plan to take her to the vet and ask if she needs anymore vaccinations just to be safe. Mila the outside dog is also up to date and is going in febuary to get her boosters and a check up. The animals at the shelter are also vaccinated and wormed before they go to foster homes. Animals especailly a large dog is very common here to be outside. There are lots of country land for them to roam so they can stay out of the roads and I personally think its kind of cruel to keep a dog put up all the time on a leash or in a home becuase they cant get the full exercise they need no matter how many walks they go out on. It gets down to about -2 at the lowest in the winter here and can get up into the 90s in the summer. Mila is always provided with plenty of fresh water and a dog house that is insulated and also has hay in it to keep her out of the cold and to shield her in the heat and she gets into our pond if she gets realy hot she loves it. She was kept inside at first but she loves the outdoors and was miserable in the home. The organization knows that I have an outside dog and had no problem with it bigger dogs just arnt meant to be in the house. Yes I do have a place were I can keep them seperated and have been preparing it to accomadate the dog well. I was mainly just wanting to know about peoples experience with fostering, things I may need, how to cope with letting them go and bounderies I should maybe set between how I treat and what I do with my own dog and with my foster dog. Should I treat them the same? Take it with me when I go places that I take Emie, or should I set a boundary. Im thinking I should treat it just like its mine, and its not going anywhere but Im not sure. And oh yea a Malshi is a Shih tzu-Maltese mix.
Old February 8th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Rottie owner and lover

Correct me if I am wrong, but did you say large dogs are not meant to be in a house... I beg to differ, you tell that to my two. With an attitude like that I am really amazed that this organization is allowing you to foster. Not meant in a harsh tone, but around here a home like that would not be eligible to become a foster home.
Maybe shelters are different there. Oh yes, so Malshi is not a breed, it is a mutt, 2 dogs of not the same breed aloud to mate to make money.
Old February 8th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

Please do make sure her shots are up to date. 1 vaccination for a shelter dog does absolutely nothing. They can be vaccinated and 10 days into your home go full blown parvo, they can develop kennel cough which if untreated goes to pneumonia. They can be carrying heartworm or another type of worm. I'm not saying this to be abnoxious but to make sure you understand how important it is to quarantine this dog for a minimum of two weeks before allowing any interaction with your small dog or large dog. I have a Bernese Mountain Dog, 160lbs, he would not be a happy camper left outside 24/7 so not every dog wishes to be outside all the time but I guess your dog is used to the difference of big n small in your home and the priveledges that come with it. I also have two very small dogs and everyone gets exactly the same routine and they can't really tell half the time if they are big or small. Just my worth from someone who has had over 675 dogs in her home.
Old February 8th, 2011, 09:10 PM
Banned Temporarily

Thumbs down

Wow you are all sweet people, I know it can but the thing is the dog that I will be getting is coming from another foster home that is getting a little crowded. But yes I know that it is very important for there shots to be up to date and for me to keep it away from my dogs for a while. I have seen people keep large dogs in there home before but I have never personally and do not see why you would. The only reason your dogs like it inside is because they were raised inside and probably never giving the oppurtunity to run free outside and know what its like to be outside. Unless the dog has a health problem I do not see why it would stay inside. No malshi is not a proclaimed breed but she was not made to make money it is just an easy name to explain her by if you want to get technicall Mila is a border collie mix and she could have been sold to make money too! Im obviously not going to meet people that are going to try to help me here just critizice. I know that I take very good care of my animals and if I brought my big dog inside she would hate it and she does come in occasionally but is ready to go back out in just a few minutes. My little dog would stay outside if I would let her and runs free while Im at home during the day until she comes to the door ready to come in. They are vaccinated have regular vet trips and flea/tick protection. Mila had kennel cough when I got her and was very sick so I know all about that. I didnt ask you how to take care for my own dogs simply your experiences with fosters and what I should expect. Its just responsible pet owning to make sure that they are protected whether you are fostering or not because they can catch diseases anywhere. It has become very obvious to me that you all cannot help me though think I live in a differnt part of the continent that most of you so things I do is different. The weather is different and so that makes the care our animals need different. I didnt even ask about the care I am capable of doing that I just wanted to know tips. Thanks to some, others are just annoying guess I will seek advice and tips some where else.
Old February 8th, 2011, 09:35 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emie&Mila View Post
Next weekend is the organizations monthly Adoption Day and I am going to help out and then recieve my foster dog. I have one in mind and if she doesnt get adopted I am going to get her but if she does the lady over the fostering program wants me to consider some of the other dogs too. Now I have my own dog Emie she is a 21 week old mashi she weighs about 5Ibs. I also have one that stays outside Mila she is a 2 year old mix breed that weighs about 40Ibs. I have researched on the Internet and go a little information on fostering however I am looking for more personal stories tips from people who have done it recently. I have asked organization they pay for all medical expenses and supply me with a crate for sleeping and training. They also said that they would supply most of the food but I would have to purchase my own occasionaly. I will be keeping the dog until it gets adopted. And oh yeah I have made sure they know I do not want very large dogs for the safety of my little Emie.

So does anyone have any tips on how to keep my house in good condition. I know accidents happen and stuff will happen but I want to make this dog feel at home as much as possible while keeping my home and my other dogs safe. Also, I take my dog Emie everywhere I go so should I do the same with the new foster dog. And when I go on vacation this summer should I take it with me if the organization allows it or should I ask them to keep it at another foster home until I get back? Thanks so much and I will be waiting for a reply!
Fostering here means that the fosterer pays for most things besides vet care. That includes the food. The dog(s) being fostered are treated the same as the dogs in our own home would be. That is the reason behind fostering - to help mould a dog into the type of dog who would be perfect for a loving family - preferably indoors as most people who go to a rescue to adopt are looking for an indoor dog. The dog would be fed the same food as your own dog(s), treated with the same love as your own, taken out for walks, runs, play dates, etc. Everything that you would do with your own dog. Exercise for dogs is very important. Most rescues will ask that you make sure the dog(s) are walked on a regular basis as just being allowed to run free does not give them enough exercise.
As for keeping your home in good condition - I think it goes with the territory to expect a little damage occasionally. A lot of dogs that are in foster homes are there because of behavioural problems. Are you prepared to work with a dog like that? It takes a lot of time, patience, and is a learning experience every single day.... not only for the dog but for you as well. Holiday time - "it" should be included as well. Fact is when you foster you may foster for the rest of the dog's life. It is not a given that the dog will ever find it's perfect home. Most people who foster are well aware of that before taking on a new challenge.
Just curiousity on my part - if you consider a 40 pound dog big then what would you call a 100 pound one? 40 pounds would be considered medium or even on the small side here.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old February 8th, 2011, 10:05 PM
Banned Temporarily

Yes, I am prepared to work with that. I work but I work at a afamily owned bussiness so I am able to be with the dog regularly and I have someone that lives with me that is home when I'm not. I know that I may be keeping it for the rest of its life. I went over all that with the organization. I thought I should treat it like my own but some people were telling me I shouldn't so I was wanting a second opinion. Mila isn't really large to me I guess she is more medium but with my other dog getting the biggest at 8-10Ibs she is large compared to that. The foster dog will be kept inside I am only fostering small dogs 30Ibs and less because they are the most overcrowded in the foster homes. Non of these dogs are put in a shelter first they are all sent straight to foster care but I'm getting ones that are in crowded homes. Thank you very much for your input.
Old February 8th, 2011, 10:36 PM
Banned Temporarily

Oh and one other thing: I take my dogs to the park regularly when the weather isn't to harsh for extra exercise and fun bonding time so the foster dog would go as well.
Old February 9th, 2011, 08:32 PM
Senior Contributor

First off welcome to the board. I am sorry I have owned 2 dogs that were close to 200 pounds each and would have been the most miserable dogs if they lived outside and not been able to watch every move I made or cuddle up to me. They got plenty of time outside. I am sorry no dog should be tied up or live outside. That is my opinion.
Now owned by Clark the Crazy American Bulldog
Old February 9th, 2011, 09:35 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

E&M - I don't know if you are still checking in here or not. If you are I would like to make a suggestion before you start fostering. Stick around for a while. Get to know some of the folks here who foster now and have been for quite some time. Search through some older threads. See what these folks do with their foster dogs. Listen to what they have to say. They have got years and years of experience between them that would be invaluable to you. It would be well worth your time to learn.
Just my thoughts. I hope you take me up on it. We can always learn more.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old February 9th, 2011, 10:11 PM
Senior Contributor
Tetris Champion, Cell-Out Champion

I have 2 Malamutes. One is just under 90lbs and the other (the baby) at 110 lbs. Both are strictly indoor dogs. The baby isn't even allowed to roam our fenced yard alone. They would both be lost if we left them out. They love to cuddle and snuggle at our feet and in our bed (yes, king size!). So to say big dogs aren't meant to be inside is wrong. Maybe what you should say is that you don't think big dogs should be in the house.

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole" - Ok... whoever said this has never had a sick or special needs baby. They ARE our whole life!

R.I.P. my sweet, handsome Thorin. You are missed dearly Dec. 25, 1999 - Mar. 4, 2012
Old February 10th, 2011, 08:03 AM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

Quote:
but I want to make this dog feel at home as much as possible while keeping my home and my other dogs safe.
I answered this statement. How to keep your dogs safe therefore to me before any dog comes in you are aware of the risks. Not every answer is going to be all warm and flowery... some of us deal with reality first and make sure that the foster is totally prepared in every which way for the experience. We wish to avoid a yo-yo fostering experience which appears to be the case with the dog that you are about to foster. It is being moved to another foster which we try to avoid at all costs.... that to me says to the dog I am being "abandoned" another time. Many dogs we see have lots of "baggage" and consistency, love and a safe spot are number one to these dogs adapting to a new home. How long has this dog been in it's previous foster home?
Old February 11th, 2011, 10:10 AM
Banned Temporarily

The dog has only been in that foster home for like a week. She was adopted out through the organization and the people returned her because they had to move to a place were they couldnt have dogs. The thing is it seems like were you all are located you have a lot of foster homes to choose from you can be picky and people actaully care. Here it is not like that most dogs are thrown out because people get tired of them they beat them puupies are drowned or poisoned because people just dont want them. There arnt many people especailly around the area that I live in that will even take these animals in care for them. I have fostered animals in the past that this has happened with. People have dropped them off or got tired of them I actually have one right now that was dropped off a full blooded Shih tzu the vet said. He was neutered and is sweet knows lots of tricks but people just dont care. I am getting assistance placing him. I have never fostered through a organization before and I know it was going to be different I wanted more opinions. Most dogs of a larger size in this area are kept outside including my own. I do not see what the big problem is she is cared for just like my dog inside my home she just sleeps outside. Your dogs are used to being indoors my dog is not. I live back in country farm land and she is safe outside and she knows she has to stay close to home. You may not see it that way but she is almost 3 years old and she is fine and so is any other dog around that is left outside. I know that people are going to be straight to the point that is what I wanted but telling me Im not fit to take care of an animal that is otherwise going to be killed or thrown out without a home just because my dog sleeps outside is a little harsh or a lot I guess. I have volunteered with shelters before and I know what stray animals can bring and how fast they can change or snap. Caring for the animal was never a problem I know what I am doing and have had experience as well as classes teaching me about the health care of animals. I just simply wanted peoples opinion and there experiences about the fostering exeperience. Thank you.
Old February 11th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

Here goes, one last attempt:

I live in the boonies, surrounded by farms and folks that don't really give a dang either. Why is my dog in the house, gee maybe because of the bears, wolves and coyotes that wouldn't think twice about taking him down if need be But you don't have them there?

See, we have a different philosophy than you do about fostering, it's not any warm port in a storm but rather the right place for the dog and I am not saying yours is not the right place.. just that obviously the organization you deal with has different criteria which is what surprises some of the folks on this board.

At the end of the day, most of us probably can't answer for this approaching experience as each shelter operates differently so really your best bet would be to interview the dogs current foster family to get a better feel of the actual support you are going to get from this shelter.
Old February 11th, 2011, 12:25 PM
Banned Temporarily

Actually no we dont have bears, or wolves, and I havnt seen a cayote around there in years. So I am not worried about a wild animal getting to her.
Old February 11th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Senior Contributor

As you have had experience before with fosters, what exactly do you want to know? How can we help you?

Please do not feel that no one appreciates you making an effort to help an animal in need - it certainly is not the case at all. It is just that we who foster go through quite an ordeal to be able to provide this type of service. One of the main criterias is that all the animals that are considered domestic are kept in the home and not exterior.

Different rules I guess apply in other areas. For us, it is not the norm.
Old February 11th, 2011, 12:47 PM

I fostered once and it was horrible. My experience is, only take a dog you feel like potentially you may want to adopt, even if it is not your intention. If it is not a dog you would even remotely consider keeping long term you may end up having no fun at all. This goes in consideration of personality more then looks. I went into fostering excited and willing to take whatever needed a place to go, and I got the troubled dog that no one else wanted, and after about 2 days I didn't want it either. I stuck it out 5-6 weeks then had enough and told the organization I couldn't handle it anymore. That's what I got for not considering what I could tolerate. This was a untrained 70lb, extremely mouth German shepherd mix with no manners or training.
I would have never considered letting this dog into my home under any other circumstance and I was naive and thought "oh it is only temporary" the dog stayed at the agency for over a year before someone adopted him, so temporary is VERY relative...
Old February 11th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cell View Post
I fostered once and it was horrible. My experience is, only take a dog you feel like potentially you may want to adopt, even if it is not your intention. If it is not a dog you would even remotely consider keeping long term you may end up having no fun at all. This goes in consideration of personality more then looks. I went into fostering excited and willing to take whatever needed a place to go, and I got the troubled dog that no one else wanted, and after about 2 days I didn't want it either. I stuck it out 5-6 weeks then had enough and told the organization I couldn't handle it anymore. That's what I got for not considering what I could tolerate. This was a untrained 70lb, extremely mouth German shepherd mix with no manners or training.
I would have never considered letting this dog into my home under any other circumstance and I was naive and thought "oh it is only temporary" the dog stayed at the agency for over a year before someone adopted him, so temporary is VERY relative...
Good rescue groups usually do not give a problem dog to individuals unless they have alot of experience. (no harm intended..just an observation). They usually will try to match a dog that would work in family dynamics, taking into account the other animals in the house hold.

It is important to remember that foster homes are there to help dogs with issues such as behavioural or just simply to help refresh training and house etiquette. Some dogs require more assistance than others, and for this reason the rescues normally do not put an animal in a position of failure. Also, rescues want to keep their foster homes 'happy' in order to use them again. So the situation described above is a bomb but it is not a rule..rather an exception.

Rescue groups are reluctant to have many foster homes as people can be finicky as to what they get. I had one home that was great with one dog and totally flopped with another because the man of the house did not like a fluffy white dog.. I immediately removed the dog and fostered myself even though the woman begged me to keep, I knew that if not everyone was on the same page...then this dog would not thrive. Needless to say...I would never approach these people again because they did not (or rather he) follow through.
Old February 11th, 2011, 01:27 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

I really don't have any advice for you as I am a kitty person, not a dog. I have fostered many litters of kittens and have to say although it was very hard to say goodbye to my babies, it was a very rewarding experience.

Fostering is quite a responsibility as how you interact with your foster pet will shape the pets personality and chance of success in it's future home.

It sounds like you live in an area that is not as compassionate as what we are used to, so thank you for considering to help out those poor dogs that have been thrown out like the trash.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old February 11th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Banned Temporarily

No my area is not compassionate about animals, I have even heard of people pouring turpentine down pregnant dog throats to kill the puppies instead of simply getting the dog fixed to prevent that to start with. The organization had a lady that is over the fostering program come to my home and she met my two dogs and looked at my home and knows what would be best for me. I am also going to meet the dog before I take him/her home. I will have the oppurtunity to talk to the foster parent before I take it home. I will aslo be spending a couple of hours with them to so I will get to see how the dog reacts and acts for the most part. I now they can and probably will change when I get home. This organization is paying for all the vet care and the dog will allready be spayed or nuetered when I get it since it is coming from another foster home. They said they would even supply me with food occasionaly. They are striving for a no kill shelter and society and that is great because there isn't one in a hundred mile radius of here. The dog is going to be small because of the lack of space I have in my home since I already have a dog myself. I also have a dog that I have found in my home right now so if I do not place him by next week I will have 3. That isn't many I know but keeping them seperated will be difficult with more than 3. The dog I have now was very timid at first and has bitten me numerous times as well as a couple other people. He is now starting to open up and actually grabbed a toy yesterday to play for the first time in the 3 weeks I have had him. I know I could end up with it for a while or forever. I am going to make sure or try to make sure he or she will fit into my home well. I am excited about this experience and was invited today to attend a meeting to help put into action a mobile spay/nueter clinc which is a bery big deal for our community as well as to talk about the problems with our local animal shelters. I want to become a major part in helping these animals and want to make a positive impact on the community.
Old February 11th, 2011, 06:38 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Actually no we dont have bears, or wolves, and I havnt seen a cayote around there in years. So I am not worried about a wild animal getting to her.
But u do have poisonous snakes right? So your dog could be bitten by one of those and if your not outside where it is or when it happened you wouldn't know.

The other thing that bothers me about keeping a dog outside all the time is the fact that they are away from their humans. So they don't get as much affection, talking to and time spent with their humans as dogs who live in the house. My point for having a 75lb yellow lab in the house with a 14lb shih tzu is spending time with them. Letting them know by cuddling and talking to them that they are loved. They enjoy being with me as much as I enjoy having them with me. Dogs love people company. They do go outside with me in the summer time off leash, but I'm out there with them.

Good luck with your fostering, I hope u keep your foster pup in the house with you and not outside.

~Tegan 9 year old yellow lab~
~Wilbur 9 year old LH cat~
~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~O'Shawnnessey 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
~Mindy 7 yr old shih tzu~
~Dexter 10yr old Salmon (large goldfish)
Old February 14th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Banned Temporarily

Talking O well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra_Queen View Post
But u do have poisonous snakes right? So your dog could be bitten by one of those and if your not outside where it is or when it happened you wouldn't know.

The other thing that bothers me about keeping a dog outside all the time is the fact that they are away from their humans. So they don't get as much affection, talking to and time spent with their humans as dogs who live in the house. My point for having a 75lb yellow lab in the house with a 14lb shih tzu is spending time with them. Letting them know by cuddling and talking to them that they are loved. They enjoy being with me as much as I enjoy having them with me. Dogs love people company. They do go outside with me in the summer time off leash, but I'm out there with them.

Good luck with your fostering, I hope u keep your foster pup in the house with you and not outside.
Yes, my foster dog will be inside because as I have said before it is going to be a small dog 30lbs or less. Yea we do have posinous snakes, copper heads, rattlesnakes, cotton mouths. Yes I would no there is only a few hours in the day were someone is not home. She hasnt been bitten by one and neither has any dog in the area that I know of because they are not very common but they are around. I realize that just because she hasnt been doesnt mean she cant be but worrying about things like that is just being paraniod. If you leave your dog in the house they are not going to get as much exercise they arnt going to be able to do things that are instinctive to them like dig, and run. Your taking away the things that make them a dog. Mila gets just as much attention outside as Emie does inside. I havnt seen a happier dog. Emie stays outside as much as she wants during by herself as long as its warm enough and she only weighs 6lbs so call the ASPCA on me Im horrible! I love Mila and she knows that. I stay out there with her and cuddle on the porch throw toys and play fetch and tug-o-war and fish. She even gives hugs! Point is I dont care how many people tell me I am horrible for keeping my 40lb dog outside so she can enjoy hersself becuase I know that Mila would hate it inside. Ya know what I even found out that a couple of the Humane Societies around here have dogs outside! If your going to be paraniod lets see... your house could catch on fire when your not home your dog cant get out in time, it comes a flood your dogs stuck inside, a thief comes and decides they want to kill your dog it cant get away. There are a lot more things I can think of that makes me want to put my dog outside than inside so no matter what anyone says its not going to change my mind. So unless you want to talk about fostering do not post! Thanks! Oh by the way, here is a picture of my horribly mistreated dogs in case anyone is curious!
Old February 14th, 2011, 03:09 PM
Banned Temporarily

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...880306&theater

Sorry the picture didnt seem to show up so heres a link.
Old February 14th, 2011, 03:11 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Awwww, who is the tiny pup

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old February 14th, 2011, 03:32 PM
Senior Contributor
Space Invaders Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion

Is this your new foster, what a cutie

Owned by

Bree 12 year old GSD
Keesha 8 year old GSD
Cyrus 7 year old GSD

RIP: All my angels.
Old February 14th, 2011, 04:33 PM
Banned Temporarily

No, I go Saturday to meet her. This is Emie the small one and Mila the big one they are my personal pets. Thanks though they are very cute!