Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Pets that have passed away - Rainbow bridge

Old August 26th, 2006, 07:58 PM

Peaches

My beloved German Shepherd Golden Retriever mix Peaches was 14 1/2 and he passed on last November 20 at 4:00 p.m. I miss him terribly, it has been the longest 8 months of my life, though I am much better than I was in the first months. He was my soulmate, my son and my best friend. I look forward to the day when we are together again forever. I'm so sorry for the loss of any furkids any of you have been blessed to know and love.
Old August 26th, 2006, 08:20 PM

I'm sorry for your loss. It sounds like he had a great, full life.
Old August 26th, 2006, 09:41 PM
-

I'm also sorry for your loss. I also can feel your pain. I lost my last two huskies to cancer. The first one in April/04 and the second in Jan./05and I still miss them terribly. Do you have any pets now?
Old August 26th, 2006, 09:49 PM

I understand

Yes, I understand as I just posted our family's loss. It has only been 2 months and the pain is bad. I often wonder if I am "loosing it" as I can still hear her tags jingle down the hall. I can still feel her presence. We will continue on. A point which someone wrote about having the capacity to love so much meant alot to me. Pets are so special...
Old August 27th, 2006, 12:44 AM

Peaches

I am so sorry for all of your losses. It is really devastating, they are our family members, soulmates, children and best friends. Especially in the first 4months you just can't stop crying. I do believe that all of our little babies are in Heaven and that we will be with them again one day. We were so blessed to be able to be their parents and to share their lives with them. You are not losing it when you hear your dogs tags. I have never heard Peaches, but belong to a petloss group and many people have heard their pets tags. They say it is a sign from their furkids that they are ok. I also have a personal friend whose lab died 3 months ago and she heard his tags a day later in the middle of the night. It woke her up. Don't ever think you are going crazy, the grief is very intense and it is just as if we are grieving a human, even more so for some. There are some good books on petloss and grief that helped in the early stages when you can't even think. Take good care of yourself, drink lots of fluids and take it minute by minute. Don't listen to people who try to say you shouldn't be grieving your pet. They didn't get the gift we did sadly. God Bless you all and your beloved furbabies.
Old August 28th, 2006, 12:30 PM

I understand too

I lost my German Shepard a month ago and feel as if my world will never be the same. I had him cremated and my daughters want him buried under his favorite tree where we camp, but I've avoided doing it because I just can't say goodbye. I have another shepard that is Draco's nephew, they had completely different personalities but since Draco has passed, he seems to be doing things that ONLY Draco would do. My family keeps telling me Draco is trying to send me a sign to say he's okay. I want to believe that. My grief has also been so bad I feel as if I lost one of my kids. I am sorry for your loss too. Shepard and Golden Retriever sounds like a pretty combination, do you have a picture of him that you can post?
Old September 2nd, 2006, 11:51 AM

peaches

I'm so sorry for your pain and sadness, I feel the same that life will never be the same. Isn't it something how when they were alive, no matter how bad life got, everything was ok? They bring such comfort, love and strength. I do have pictures of Peaches. Let me see if I can figure out how to post them on here. Thank you for asking. I would love to see your pictures too. Yes, Golden Retriever and German Shepherd is an awesome mix. He looked exactly like a German Shepherd but with floppy ears.
Old September 6th, 2006, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joerose
I'm so sorry for your pain and sadness, I feel the same that life will never be the same. Isn't it something how when they were alive, no matter how bad life got, everything was ok? They bring such comfort, love and strength. I do have pictures of Peaches. Let me see if I can figure out how to post them on here. Thank you for asking. I would love to see your pictures too. Yes, Golden Retriever and German Shepherd is an awesome mix. He looked exactly like a German Shepherd but with floppy ears.
I am happy you had 14 long years to share with your peaches. I wish I would have been blessed with that many years with my Draco. Along with the shock of him being taken so early in his life and so unexpected, it felt (still feels) as if he was just torn out of our lives. Your post did bring a smile when you mentioned peaches looks like a shepard with floppy ears. Dracos
ears didn't want to perk up the way they should, he was about 4 months old before they did, we were even starting to get worried they wouldn't! I really hope you figure out how to post your pictures. I have Dracos pictures posted in the thread I wrote about his passing. My post is 1 or 2 away from yours....it's titled "I just cant say goodbye to my Draco"