Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Off topic forum > Movies - T.V. - Videos

Old January 22nd, 2008, 04:38 PM
I gotz 2 babies now!

Biggest Loser

YEAH! It's on tonight, anyone else watch this? I love the couples idea, and the fact that it's on for 2 hours! Do you also watch the Aussie one? I do, I love it too. I find it very motivating!!!

Pubert Wizzer Howell-Boyd III of the feline kind R.I.P my little guy!!

If you can't afford a vet, you can't afford a pet!

221/194/170(for next year)
Old January 22nd, 2008, 04:44 PM
Senior Contributor

I do watch the US one, but my PVR only taped 18 minutes of it last week hope it gets it right this week

Where is the Aussi one? Channel I mean, and time. I knew there was one, but not that it was aired outside of Australia.

It's more for fun/entertainment than actual motivation. I mean, who can exercise that much in the real world? Even if I was at a campus like that, there are natural limits to what the body can take, and these guys would have serious cases of overtraining if they really worked as much as the program leads us to believe (facts are a little different it would seem). But it's fun to watch, and the final weigh-in is always spectacular.

Who was sent home last week?
Old January 22nd, 2008, 04:57 PM
I gotz 2 babies now!

I will find out about the actual station for BL Aussie, I think I watch it on Discovery Health? Not sure if it's air on a non-specialty station? It's the same trainers tho, different host...singles...

I just looked and it seams in real life - it's done, but it still airing. Oh, I just noticed the BLA episodes I have been watching are from 2006.

When my DH watched the American BL - he says.."hey, it's Sammy" when he saw the host...LOL! (Yes, he watches Days of our Lives when he's on nites )

Last week it was the white team, Neil and Amanda, who btw deserved to go home - well he did, not her. If that was me I would have been so mad...he spoiled it for her, she was really upset.

One day a few weeks ago I joined the BL Club online to check it out, I registered and reviewed the diet and exercise plan, just for fun, I later cancelled for many reason - got my money back, very helpful site and staff. They give you the same diet and exercise plan as they use on the show. I wanted to see what they eat and how much exercise their program is...the exercise wasn't all day every day....it was acceptable considering these people have 24/7 to work out, it was a few work outs or activities a day like hiking or swimming, not just the gym like they show. But the food was what turned me off....I printed week 1's grocery list, it was like 200 items long - you'd have to be wealthy and have a personal chef if you wanted to follow their reccomended diet. It was unrealistic and way beyond my budget.

Last edited by Ford Girl; January 22nd, 2008 at 05:00 PM.
Old February 2nd, 2008, 01:33 PM
I gotz 2 babies now!

Biggest Loser is 4 hours long on Sunday!!!!! Check your local listings!!

Old February 3rd, 2008, 10:59 AM
Senior Contributor

4 hours? Today? Evening? Darn, I have to find it!!! Same channel I guess ...

I do get Discovery Health on the Satellite, have to have Lew show me how to operate that remote
Old February 3rd, 2008, 11:23 AM
Senior Contributor

Just told Lew, he'll look for it for me and set it to tape sneaky me,
Old February 3rd, 2008, 03:39 PM
I gotz 2 babies now!

It's on at 6 and 9 my time I think. We have the US/Canadian time shifting with out digital cable...but it's also on again Tuesday night...I might watch the first 2 hours tonight, and the last on Tues.

Old February 3rd, 2008, 04:01 PM
Live well, laugh often

They are just showing reruns of past episodes tonight :sad:. One is when the yellow couple goes up against everyone else and the other is the white couple with the "lazy" guy.
Old February 4th, 2008, 09:35 AM
I gotz 2 babies now!

Oh, that sucked!! I hate repeats!! :sad: They should at least say that when they are advertisings for a super sized episode!! Maybe Tuesday will be new?

Old February 4th, 2008, 10:10 AM
ZiggyZuzuZoeyRaggzy&Keena

As a rule, the major networks never broadcast first run shows on Superbowl...impossible to compete!

Tuesday, I would guess, will be a new episode.
Old February 4th, 2008, 11:17 AM
Missing My Bubba Bear

US version

I'm so excited. I love that show.

Did anyone see last weeks episode that sent home the young girl? She is a person who had the hardest time losing weight.
Even at the end when they did a present day follow-up she had only lost a total of 50 lbs.
Old February 4th, 2008, 12:04 PM
Senior Contributor

Darn, I wish I'd seen your post about it being just re-runs! I was SO mad this morning! I had set it to tape with the Aussie one as well, and had to eliminate one so we could tape nip/tuck ... I figured I'd stop the Aussie since I'd been following the US one ... DN, I wish I'd have stopped the US one instead!

And frankly? D both the super bowl and all other "major" sports events as well. People who are interested can tape other stuff they want to watch! Why should the ones not interested in TV sports have to suffer cancelled programs and re-runs just for some nerdy adult (???) men running and fighting over ONE ball!!
Old February 4th, 2008, 01:20 PM
Missing My Bubba Bear

AHHAHAH! I totally agree. Like I told everyone last night. I'm just here for the food.
make a network television standard channel just for sports. All sports all the time. No one has to get cable for it and we don't miss out on regularly scheduled programs.
I can't wait until this strike is over, there is nothing good to watch. I mean nothing.
Old February 4th, 2008, 01:26 PM
Senior Contributor

I know. All re-runs and old crap. Enough to want me to just cancel all TV subscription altogether! Let's hope the start of Nip/Tuck yesterday isn't made up of more re-runs (watching it tonight), and hopefully we'll get more new episodes of other things too.

Who are the strikers hurting anyway? The innocent (us) who pay to have TV divert them for a few hours a day get off your bums and negociate while you work morons! Be glad you even have a job! Look at the unemployment lines, they should be ashamed of themselves to strike when there are people who can't even get a job

just my but I mean it, and it goes for any striking, ungrateful jerk!
Old February 4th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Missing My Bubba Bear

that's exactly how I feel about it. Then, they have the cojones to protest ELLEN for continuing her show and not striking with them. The people who continued working are the ones who see it like it is.
Old February 4th, 2008, 01:38 PM
Senior Contributor

OK, what's cojones in Greek (just to have a more "subtle" insult to throw at some ... providing they're NOT Greek)?
Old February 4th, 2008, 01:44 PM
Garden nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARAH View Post
OK, what's cojones in Greek (just to have a more "subtle" insult to throw at some ... providing they're NOT Greek)?
I like more creative versions of saying the same thing...

like, Testicular Fortitude.

Sandy Belle Sheeba - born 11/14/07 at 12:30 pm Linx Jasper
Old February 4th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Senior Contributor

Yeah, but in this case it's not fortitude but "bourse molle"!
Old February 4th, 2008, 02:44 PM
I gotz 2 babies now!

Sorry ladies, I am a football fan, and it's a big deal to alot of people, it's the end of a season ful of hard work - it's like having hockey all year round and no stanley cup?? BL wasn't suppose to be on a Sunday anyways, so its not like the SB took over BL's time slot?? And it started at 4:00, BL wasn't on til later, so the 2 had nothing to do with each other repeat of not.

If anything be mad at BL for advertizing their "super size additon of BL"...no mention of a repeat yet they advertized it all week long.

SARAH - BL Aussie was from 2006, if you miss an episode, you can watch them on the Slice website or the BLA site.

amatazes - yes I saw that one, she and her partner that stay weren't doing very good...I mean 1 and 3 lbs losses? I think with numbers like that the others didn't have a choice but to kick her off.

Old February 4th, 2008, 04:04 PM
Missing My Bubba Bear

amatazes - yes I saw that one, she and her partner that stay weren't doing very good...I mean 1 and 3 lbs losses? I think with numbers like that the others didn't have a choice but to kick her off. [/QUOTE]

I know. Luckily her partner started stepping up the numbers. They had a lot of weight to lose but it's just not coming off. I can't believe no women have won this game yet.

They never really get any disgustingly, grossly obese women though. There are some women on my block I can send to them. They're so fat, they use a little cart to get around instead of walking.
Old February 4th, 2008, 04:09 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by amatazes View Post
amatazes - yes I saw that one, she and her partner that stay weren't doing very good...I mean 1 and 3 lbs losses? I think with numbers like that the others didn't have a choice but to kick her off.
I know. Luckily her partner started stepping up the numbers. They had a lot of weight to lose but it's just not coming off. I can't believe no women have won this game yet.

They never really get any disgustingly, grossly obese women though. There are some women on my block I can send to them. They're so fat, they use a little cart to get around instead of walking.[/QUOTE]

And have you noticed, that even when the women do lose enough fat for it to be visible, they are still oddly shaped, deformed almost.

What gets me the most riled up though, is the initial weigh-in! The comments like "I had no idea I was this heavy" and "I didn't know I was this big" mirrors exit people, helloooo! And I assume they get dressed with the lights on so they can see the size of their clothes even if they avoid the mirrors. How can they 1) not know, and 2) let themselves get that way? and then 3) act all surprised afterwards?!
Old February 4th, 2008, 04:47 PM
I gotz 2 babies now!

Ya!!! I agree, but the ladies on BL Aussie are pretty big - some of them anyways. And they kicked off one cuz of the clique they have, I hate the blue team on BL Aussie.

Some peolpe don't know what they are doing to themselves and it's easy to stop looking and keep eating. :sad:

I hit a certain number and I was like this, I am not going to be 30 and fat anymore, I don't give a what I have to do, but today is my last day of killing myself!

Old February 27th, 2008, 03:12 PM
I gotz 2 babies now!

Who's still following?? Did you see last nights? It was so good, I cried, man are they looking good!! 9 or 10 week...WOW! I still find it very motivating!!!

Old February 27th, 2008, 03:37 PM
Rottie owner and lover

I of course watched it, I love that show
Old February 27th, 2008, 05:17 PM
~Cat Servent~

I am SOOOOOO glad my Roger is still there!! (I am such a sucker for that accent!)

Men make me so angry though... they lose twice as fast as we do!!!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old April 2nd, 2008, 03:56 PM
I gotz 2 babies now!

Thought I would revive this thread...whos still watching?

They look amazing don't they? 2 more weeks till the finally, can't wait!!

Who are you cheering for? I'm cheering for Kelly!! My next pick would be Ali, girl power!!

Old April 2nd, 2008, 05:13 PM
Rottie owner and lover

ALI all the way....wohoo girl power. Mark get off the show already you blubbering baby, LOL
Old April 8th, 2008, 09:09 PM
~Cat Servent~

VOTE for Roger!!!!!

(I still hope Ali wins, but I want Roger at least in the final 3!)

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M