Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 4th, 2009, 05:29 PM
~Cat Servent~

So proud of my hubby!

He called me this morning to tell me what he had been up to before I was even out of bed.... he found two dogs wandering one of the highways in New York, a larger black retriever type and a smaller (possibly a puppy) that looked like a mix of daschound. And being my oh so surly and crabby hubby,, he couldn't just drive by. I guess the bigger dog came right up to him and another 2 ladies stopped right behind him, so he handed the dog off to them so they could take it and wait for animal control. The littler one ran off into the woods next to the road, so being my superhero hubby, he went tromping off into the woods after him! But he was unable to find him (and of course at this point in his story I'm thinking oh that poor little dog lost alone in the woods...:sad so he went back to where he had pulled the truck over and the little guy was waiting for him! So he bundled him up in a towel (he was wet and shaking) took him in the truck to the nearest truck stop and found another woman whose own dog had just passed away, who was happy to wait there for animal control. And he went on with his day (although he said he did consider keeping the little one). So I hope those ladies were able to find where these dogs belonged cause Chase said the nearest homes were miles away... and if not I hope they find great new ones!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M