Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old July 20th, 2009, 10:51 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMax View Post
Chris - if you want - I can give you contacts at a Jack Russell rescue in Ontario. Maybe they can help.
Thanks BenMax, I just feel so crummy about this, it is getting to me.....he isn't food aggressive, you can touch between his toes and around his mouth and hind end, it just seems with other four leggers, I know that could be just because he is out of his realm.....sigh
Old July 20th, 2009, 11:31 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

I'm sorry the search didn't go well, Chris You're an for helping this fella out. I hope the contacts BM sends you are able to come through!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old July 20th, 2009, 12:33 PM
-

^^^^^

Ditto what Hazel said.
Old July 20th, 2009, 12:36 PM
Senior Contributor

Chris - let me make another call and I will get some information for you. I know someone who deals directly with this rescue. Please be patient with me as I have left a message.
Old July 20th, 2009, 04:23 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris21711 View Post
Thanks BenMax, I just feel so crummy about this, it is getting to me.....he isn't food aggressive, you can touch between his toes and around his mouth and hind end, it just seems with other four leggers, I know that could be just because he is out of his realm.....sigh
Chris - I was told not so long ago that I couldn't feel guilty because I can't take in every cat that comes along or needs a home. Now I think you may need to hear that. Please don't feel guilty about not being able to keep him. You have gone above and beyond to try to find this guy's home. You have to take care of your own first.
Old July 21st, 2009, 12:06 PM
-

Quote:
Chris - let me make another call and I will get some information for you. I know someone who deals directly with this rescue. Please be patient with me as I have left a message.
I already pm'ed you BenMax to let you know what is going on...I appreciate rescue contacts as a back-up plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
Chris - I was told not so long ago that I couldn't feel guilty because I can't take in every cat that comes along or needs a home. Now I think you may need to hear that. Please don't feel guilty about not being able to keep him. You have gone above and beyond to try to find this guy's home. You have to take care of your own first.
You have taken in so many though, this is just one little guy that came to me for help and he will get it.....I think if we didn't have so many 4 leggers around it would not be so difficult, buuuut....sigh

The latest news on Lil Jack is.....this morning Ethel took him to her branch of the OSPCA...it was pre-arranged yesterday.....and after being safered he will be put up for adoption to a single pet household. We already safered him here and he passed with flying colours, in the event that for some reason he starts being an ass, then I will take him back and look for a rescue to take him....all that being said, I cried when he left, he is such a little cutie
Old July 21st, 2009, 06:05 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

:sad: mf. Hang in there.
Old July 21st, 2009, 06:20 PM
-

Quote:
:sad: mf. Hang in there.
I'm hanging in there, Ethel is keeping an eye, if something looks like it ain't going well, she can be a

Let's all for Lil Jack that he finds a loving home....he really is a cutie
Old July 21st, 2009, 06:23 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
I'm hanging in there, Ethel is keeping an eye, if something looks like it ain't going well, she can be a

Let's all for Lil Jack that he finds a loving home....he really is a cutie
Gee, I would never have guessed that Ethel could be evil. She is such a sweet girl. You did a good job raising her mom.
Old July 21st, 2009, 06:25 PM
You can call me DOG!

for little Jack. I sure hope he finds a forever happy home.

Rest in Peace Bailey: 12/10/95-1/9/09 (Golden Retriever)
Rest in Peace Kitty: 7/1/2000 - 10/7/2013
Rest in Peace Gryphon (sounds like Griffin): 10/15/2004 - 11/18/2017 (English Springer Spaniel)
Bella: 3/09/2005 LHD Cat adopted by/from Child
Mollie: 6/2/2009 (English Setter)
Old July 21st, 2009, 06:40 PM
-

Quote:
Gee, I would never have guessed that Ethel could be evil. She is such a sweet girl. You did a good job raising her mom.
Believe me when I say that....at the shelter they used to say that "she is a pittie in a JRT's suit"...I'll let her know she is "sweet"

Thanks KLM, I think that Lil Jack will work out there, if not he has Me. I will find something suitable for him

KLM - do you know anything about an ES little girl called "Annie"
Old July 21st, 2009, 08:56 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Subtle, Chris. Very subtle

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old July 22nd, 2009, 11:03 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
Subtle, Chris. Very subtle
I guess I'm gonna hafta take it to pm's
Old July 22nd, 2009, 11:14 AM
Senior Contributor

Hey I'm pretty sure I saw a lost sign at the Foodland in Mount Albert, I'll look tonight. Hang on to him. Looks very familiar to me.
Old July 22nd, 2009, 11:37 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty11 View Post
Hey I'm pretty sure I saw a lost sign at the Foodland in Mount Albert, I'll look tonight. Hang on to him. Looks very familiar to me.

Marty11 - Are you sure it was a LOST sign and not a FOUND sign, I put a FOUND sign of him on Friday at Foodland...please get back to me....I would love to find his real home.
Old July 22nd, 2009, 11:44 AM
Senior Contributor

I sent someone over there and it's a found sign, yours I guess. I knew it was familiar. Sorry bout that. I'm sure someone's missing him.
Old July 22nd, 2009, 11:45 AM
Senior Contributor

Did you call Queensville farm supply?
Old July 22nd, 2009, 11:50 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty11 View Post
Did you call Queensville farm supply?
No I didn't - I don't know why I didn't think of them, I will once I log off (dial-up)....We have put posters on the side roads surrounding us and nothing...A/C know about it too and nothing.

Thanks for sending someone over to check Marty - I'm guessing you live local and not in Toronto then
Old July 22nd, 2009, 11:53 AM
Senior Contributor

Chris - contact the rescue group provided. You never know. Also, I can ask my prefered rescue contacts if they can post on their website. Do you think this may help?

Also - I have rescue contacts that can cross post province wide. This has been an incredible way to reunite families and their pets.

If any of this interests you, please let me know. It would be my pleasure.
Old July 22nd, 2009, 11:58 AM
-

Quote:
Chris - contact the rescue group provided. You never know. Also, I can ask my prefered rescue contacts if they can post on their website. Do you think this may help?

Also - I have rescue contacts that can cross post province wide. This has been an incredible way to reunite families and their pets.

If any of this interests you, please let me know. It would be my pleasure.
Anything to try and reunite him with his real family is a bonus BenMax.....although deep down I think that this little rascal was dumped :sad:...he is in very good body shape to have been on the lam for any length of time.

I posted him as found on various websites and not even a bite
Old July 22nd, 2009, 12:08 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Anything to try and reunite him with his real family is a bonus BenMax.....although deep down I think that this little rascal was dumped :sad:...he is in very good body shape to have been on the lam for any length of time.

I posted him as found on various websites and not even a bite
PM me Chris with all information and a photo. I will have him cross posted immediately. May I use your e-mail address as a point of contact? Warning: you may get alot of inquiries. Also, there will be offers to take the dog. You do not need to say where he currently is - leave this information out as I have no control where these e-mails go as rescues will continue to forward to others. It may get exhausting - but it does work if he was not dumped.
Old July 22nd, 2009, 12:15 PM
-

Cool ....I'm not sure if it is possible to attach a pic in a pm, I'll try, if not I will have to email you, I'm not sure if I have your addy...no problem using my email, it's weird I haven't received an email in the last three days...I assume it is still working
Old July 22nd, 2009, 12:16 PM
-

I just want to add some for our Chris and some for Jack.
Old July 22nd, 2009, 05:42 PM
-

This afternoon when I logged off there was message from a woman regarding a lost JRT - my heart leaped even though the phone number was not too local.

Needless to say Lil Jack was not her missing Jack :sad:

She told me she has a horse farm and 3 Jacks (now 2), that they were out and about on the farm like always, then she noticed that Johnny the Jack was missing, since then she hasn't seen him....now for 11 days.

So here is my RANT

She informed our Animal Control even though it is not the one covering her area.......Rant begins: when I called and reported that I had Lil Jack, they said they had NO reports of one missing, said the same thing on Friday and Monday....what kind of Animal Control is that.....So if anyone from GEORGINA ANIMAL CONTROL is reading this PLEASE DO YOUR JOB PROPERLY or change profession