Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants > Pet Stories - anecdotes - jokes

Old August 8th, 2019, 09:47 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Lili's day of firsts :-D

Lili had a very exciting day today. She had her very first CTE (Close Toad Encounter) and experienced her first toad-foaming incident. By the time I realized what was going on, she looked like she was lathered up for shaving...or maybe just rabid! I thought she was a smart pup, but she kept going back to see if the toad tasted as bad second time around. Finally had to drag her off into a different yard. (Mr Toad was in good health and looking mighty smug when I checked on him later.)

She also helped me invent a new yoga position. It's called Dog Under Table. In case you don't know what Table is, you sit on the floor with your feet flat on the floor and your knees bent, hands on the floor behind you. You elevate your butt off the floor to form the Table. Well, my routine called for four short Table postures, but as I got into the first one, Lili crawled under me. Couldn't get up; couldn't put my butt down... Finally had to crab-walk my feet off to the side until I had clearance to sit back down. My arms were feeling like rubber by then. Lili was very pleased with herself for helping Ma get the most out of her yoga routine and had no idea how close she came to getting squished!!

She helped with the rest of the workout, too--for the sitting exercises, she sat right next to me, staring into my face with her nose 2 inches from mine. It cracked me up so bad I couldn't breathe correctly, so I had to close my eyes to stop laughing. Then there were a couple of exercise done lying down that, courtesy of Lili, incorporated face washings, a foot washing, and one spitty arm!

I think I may have to crate her during my next workout!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old August 9th, 2019, 09:48 PM

Mr Toad 2 Lili 0

There is already Goat Yoga & Kitten Yoga. Quick.. you need to market Setter Yoga before it catches on cross between Yoga & spa day

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old August 10th, 2019, 12:25 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Setter Yoga? Or should we just go whole hog in the spirit of truth and transparency and call it Spittle Yoga?

You know, that little brat Lili went right out to the tree where she saw Mr Toad and looked for him again this morning!?!? She must be a masochist! Thankfully, Mr Toad is smart--haven't seen him since their encounter.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old August 11th, 2019, 11:00 PM

Isn't Spittle part of the Setter breed description? So it wouldn't be hiding anything ...

Mr Toad 2 Lili 1

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old August 12th, 2019, 11:46 AM
The Pack's Head Servant

Yep, setter jowls are conducive to spittle collection and dispersion, so it should be part of the breed description if it's not.

Yesterday's adventures included Lili rushing a skunk that was out by the feeders Luckily, there's a fence there, because Ms Skunk raised her tail and did an preliminary squirt! Lili was way too far away to catch anything but wafted odor, though, thank heavens! Later that night, something else must have startled Ms Skunk because all of a sudden, we could smell her in the house! I'm thinking she might have sprayed a raccoon, because the smell is moving around the property quite a bit. Poor raccoon! Tries to get away from the smell but it just keeps following it around!

I'm just grateful it wasn't Lili who caught the brunt of it.

Old August 12th, 2019, 09:11 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
Lili had a very exciting day today. She had her very first CTE (Close Toad Encounter) and experienced her first toad-foaming incident. By the time I realized what was going on, she looked like she was lathered up for shaving...or maybe just rabid! I thought she was a smart pup, but she kept going back to see if the toad tasted as bad second time around. Finally had to drag her off into a different yard. (Mr Toad was in good health and looking mighty smug when I checked on him later.)

She also helped me invent a new yoga position. It's called Dog Under Table. In case you don't know what Table is, you sit on the floor with your feet flat on the floor and your knees bent, hands on the floor behind you. You elevate your butt off the floor to form the Table. Well, my routine called for four short Table postures, but as I got into the first one, Lili crawled under me. Couldn't get up; couldn't put my butt down... Finally had to crab-walk my feet off to the side until I had clearance to sit back down. My arms were feeling like rubber by then. Lili was very pleased with herself for helping Ma get the most out of her yoga routine and had no idea how close she came to getting squished!!

She helped with the rest of the workout, too--for the sitting exercises, she sat right next to me, staring into my face with her nose 2 inches from mine. It cracked me up so bad I couldn't breathe correctly, so I had to close my eyes to stop laughing. Then there were a couple of exercise done lying down that, courtesy of Lili, incorporated face washings, a foot washing, and one spitty arm!

I think I may have to crate her during my next workout!
I would love to seen that hazel ! You got a good workout! Lili sounds like a real character!
Old August 13th, 2019, 12:22 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

I would have taken pictures, but my camera doesn't focus that close!