Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old March 18th, 2009, 01:58 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Tiny one
I am so sorry L4H and cpietra16. I know how painful losing one can be. :sad:

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old March 18th, 2009, 01:58 PM
Senior Contributor

L4H..Thank-you for being there. It comforts me to know she was not alone. You are truly amazing. Thank-you.
Rose and the little Grows- a -lot are in great hands.
Old March 18th, 2009, 02:16 PM
Senior Contributor

On no,I am so sorry,L4H and cpietra
little baby-girl
Old March 18th, 2009, 02:25 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

OMG this hurts. I snuggled her while she passed, it was very peaceful.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old March 18th, 2009, 02:36 PM
Senior Contributor

I'm so happy she crossed the bridge while you held her. Sleep well my little one...:sad:
Old March 18th, 2009, 02:37 PM
Senior Contributor

you two are angels, I'm so sorry this happened to the little one, RIP tiny.
Old March 18th, 2009, 02:41 PM
-

L4H and cpietra, I am so saddened by this news. Feel proud both of you for all you did for little Tiny. She was well loved all the way to the last minute.

Little Tiny
Old March 18th, 2009, 03:19 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

I'm so sorry, L4H and cpietra You both did all you could for her--sometimes, God has other plans. She's in good Hands now.

Tiny

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old March 18th, 2009, 03:29 PM
Senior Contributor

I'm so sorry, especially for love4himies and carmen, you did your very best. Poor little girl probably didn't have a chance, there may even have been other internal problems.
:sad:
Old March 18th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

My heart is broken..poor thing! Thank you CPietra16 and L4H for EVERYTHING you both did! I just wanted to say that on a positive note this poor little one went to the bridge with love and compassion! it wasnt outdoors bearing the elements and waiting for its next meal! I hope that doesnt sound cold! I think of how BLESSED tiny was because of you both!

Run free precious one!
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old March 18th, 2009, 04:07 PM
Senior Contributor

Yes,although I am crying over this little life lost,just imagine if cpietra had not caught momma,the little one would have died not knowing love at all.
I can soo understand how you feel,L4H and I did not even hold this little girl in my hands.
Old March 18th, 2009, 04:11 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston View Post
My heart is broken..poor thing! Thank you CPietra16 and L4H for EVERYTHING you both did! I just wanted to say that on a positive note this poor little one went to the bridge with love and compassion! it wasnt outdoors bearing the elements and waiting for its next meal! I hope that doesnt sound cold! I think of how BLESSED tiny was because of you both!

Run free precious one!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
Yes,although I am crying over this little life lost,just imagine if cpietra had not caught momma,the little one would have died not knowing love at all.
I can soo understand how you feel,L4H and I did not even hold this little girl in my hands.
Thank you I can't tell you how much my heart is breaking. I feel so bad that I couldn't save her.

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old March 18th, 2009, 04:18 PM
Senior Contributor

L4H,please don't feel bad,but of course that's easier said than done,we all know,you would have done anything to save her little life
Old March 18th, 2009, 09:48 PM

L4H & cpietra16 I'm so sorry about Tiny :sad:

sweet Tiny She is healthy & zooming around at the Rainbow Bridge with those who've gone before

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old March 19th, 2009, 06:46 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Momma is not settling down from the vet visit. I haven't seen her nurse since she got home and she won't let me near the box to get the kitten to weigh him/her.

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

Old March 19th, 2009, 06:23 PM
Senior Contributor

A long rant...and for those who read thru it and understand it....my hats off to you........THIS IS A RANT ,,,,

I need some opinions on Angel. Is it possible that this cat will never settle down ina home and will be better off at the warehouse. This is the first week that she has been in a crate and will make me pet her but still cowers(sp?) when I approach. If my cousin's boss allows the fixed cats to go back will she settle down there or has the month away from her home make it hard to recognise the smells.

Today I came home to see her crate about 3 metres from where I left it this morning...( a mystery) half the litter was all over the floor. There was a bag of clothes next to where I found the crate and 1/2 those clothes were in her crate....how the heck did she do that...how did she get there?....Am I hopelessly hoping for a miracle and have her love to live with people.....Rose and her baby have a chance to settle in, Antonio is still young and he is doing so-so...except for pooping in all my plants. Mommy and her 4 babies will have a great chance because the mommy has come to love my cousin and allows her to pet her....Pookie who went to the SPCA was a house cat and never did like living at the warehouse......so she's settled in....which brings me back to Angel....can she learn to like humans or is she happier outside....a short life but happy life.UGH
Old March 19th, 2009, 06:43 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Cpietra16 I think with time and lots of patience she will come around...she hasnt had it easy Im sure and maybe humans are really scarey...maybe just sitting there talking nice and quiet with treats on hand..she may decide to wonder over and check you out! but it probably will be one step forward and one back you know? Do you have any of the pheramone defusers? or even some of the rescue remedy stuff you can out in their water? just some thoughts! I think your doing great though!

Sophie Aug 30, 2011

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old March 19th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Senior Contributor

I put rescue remedy in her water every day...I think she is use to it...I have lots of patience....I'm just wondering if she will ever come around
Old March 19th, 2009, 07:29 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

she will
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

-Unknown
Old March 19th, 2009, 07:58 PM

I know and understand what your going through, I'm having the same problems with the barn cats that I brought in, they both gave birth 1 month ago, now all they want is to go back to the barn, what they've come to know as their home, I feel so cruel, I keep telling myself that I'm saving their lives, I get frustrated over their constent crying...I really dont know if I'm doing the right thing anymore
Old March 19th, 2009, 09:15 PM
Senior Contributor

little one. I am so sorry L4H & cpietra. You guys did your best, it was out of your hands.

cpietra re: the rant sorry i dont have experience...i hope she will learn to settle though.

"No, Bunduk, Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!"
Old March 19th, 2009, 09:30 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

I am of the belief that given time, and much patience on our part, just about any kitty can be turned around. Please consider....... you have had Angel since Feb 1 or there abouts. That is only less than 7 weeks that she has been living this life. She had the warehouse for years. It will take a few months yet before she is feeling at home IMO.
Coco - the same with yours. Patience. Although you have the barn they can return to and still be safe. After they are fixed and healed up of course.
But in both cases if they get returned to where they were there will be fighting going on. The ones left behind will not want to accept these things that smell differently then they do back into their folds. It will take a while for things to calm down and get back to "normal".

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old March 19th, 2009, 09:33 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCO350 View Post
I know and understand what your going through, I'm having the same problems with the barn cats that I brought in, they both gave birth 1 month ago, now all they want is to go back to the barn, what they've come to know as their home, I feel so cruel, I keep telling myself that I'm saving their lives, I get frustrated over their constent crying...I really dont know if I'm doing the right thing anymore
are they feral or just meowing to go out? if its just meowing to get out dont worry. Many cat owners that have had/inherited cats that are used to going out and then want them to become indoors only go through this. Eventually the cats learn that indoor life isnt so bad. It can be realllllllly heartwrenching/downright annoying at first (the meowing). Ive had experience with this.

"No, Bunduk, Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!"
Old March 19th, 2009, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
Coco - the same with yours. Patience. Although you have the barn they can return to and still be safe. After they are fixed and healed up of course.
Coco mentioned the barn in her situation is up for sale, so she won't be able to return them to it.

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old March 21st, 2009, 04:09 PM
Senior Contributor

cpietra,I know after all you have done for soo many kitties over the years,you do not give up easily and I also know you won't give up on this little girl,although it seems hopeless at the time.
I think once she gets her frustration out(moving the crate)etc...she might just give in,realizing you are a good human.
Try to keep your strenght,but I bet going through a divorce also does not make things any easier....try to keep your spirit up
Old March 21st, 2009, 06:36 PM
-

Oh my ....I am so far behind in this thread again.

L4H, I am very sorry to hear about wee Tiny. :sad:

little one

Cpietra, I think that Angel will eventually come around as well but it will take lots of time along with the patience. You may need to bring out the earplugs in the meantime.
Old March 21st, 2009, 07:33 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

I do think that she can come to love humans, it will take some patience and love. She may never be a lap cat, but she will learn that living inside with no fear of predators or hunger is a great life.

What I am doing with Rose is not going up to her unless she is with Rosebud, then I have to because I need to weigh the kitten. I just sit in the room and talk to her. She will after about 5 minutes come out from under the bed and sit about 5 feet away from me. Every meal I show her her food and allow her to sniff it before I put it on her place mat so she associates humans with food.

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

Old March 22nd, 2009, 12:31 AM
Senior Contributor

i've been trying to keep up with the thread though i haven't had much time to post lately.

for tiny i'm so sorry to hear about that

go to the bridge little one

Cats leave pawprints on our hearts forever

Eclipse July 23th 2004
Serena July 23th 2004
Stormy April 20 2007
Zoey RIP March 2006-April 2 2007
Old March 22nd, 2009, 02:59 AM
Senior Contributor

I am so very saddened to hear about Tiny's passing. It just breaks my heart. I hope Rose will be able to recover from losing her baby. L4H and cpietrayour you both tried so hard to make him thrive. God Bless You Both!

Debbie

~Tegan 9 year old yellow lab~
~Wilbur 9 year old LH cat~
~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~O'Shawnnessey 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
~Mindy 7 yr old shih tzu~
~Dexter 10yr old Salmon (large goldfish)
Old March 22nd, 2009, 06:13 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Thank you for your thoughts, Rose is getting on very, very well and becoming more comfortable with her surroundings. Rosebub is doing extremely well, but I do worry about her/him being an only sibling.

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)