Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Cat health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 18th, 2010, 11:35 AM

Unhappy kitten has cluster of lumps on back and side of her tongue

Help - I rescued this kitten 2 months ago and she is in very good health - been the to vet, had her 2 rounds of shots, 3rd is next week. I also did a series of blood tests to rule out diseases.

I was messing around with my new camera and taking pictures of my girls. Tia, the kitten, happened to yawn while I snapped the shot. I saw something on her tongue and zoomed in and was sickened to see a cluster of lumps on her tongue. Not sure how long they have been there but when I had her examined they looked in her mouth and did not see but then I figure they are really far back so probably were not visable. I attached a picture - you might have to zoom in (left side of her tongue)

She does have a bit of bad breath too.

Has anyone seen these before? I am so afraid it is cancer

I am hoping (since she is teething and you can actually see her back teeth coming in that they are just cankers from rubbing on the teeth. I thought I would start here first and see if a vet might answer this for free because I have spent hundreds of dollars on her in the past 2 months getting her healthy and on my 11 year old to make sure she is protected as well.....money is so tight right now.

Can anyone help me??
Thanks
Kit[/SIZE]
Attached Images