Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 12th, 2010, 02:30 PM

why is it so hard…

We have been fostering these two kittens on our own for over a month now. And we've been posting adoption note on Kijiji, as well as 9 different pet food stores and animal hospitals around our neighbourhood. Every single call or email I got from people who were "interested" had no follow ups whatsoever…and I had to bug them to see if they were still interested. This one guy told me after I asked him, that he didn't like to be told what "MUST" be done. All I said in the post was, "We require an agreement which states that you will have the cats neutered between 6-8 months old, and we can also assist with getting a better price for the neutering." and he didn't like that. I just feel very frustrated right now, I know I shouldn't feel this way, but…what's wrong with these people?! If I responded to something like this, I would be serious about it, I wouldn't just call saying I want to adopt them, then turn around and say, it is not the good time for me to have a kitten. I know it probably is a good thing that I didn't give them to people like that. Sigh…The thing is, I can't keep them any longer, they have to go in 2 weeks, that's why I am desperately wanting someone who is responsible will call me and adopt them or I have to surrender them to the shelter. I hate this situation I am in right now. Thanks for listening to me…I just want my anger out a little