Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old July 15th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Doggie Wench

Hi, I'm Emma.

Let me introduce myself. My name is Emma and I'm an almost 4 month old Pitbull puppy-girl. Not much is known of my short history other than I was hurt by a big dog and the person who used to own me didn't take me to the vet until I was really sick with an infection. Instead of taking care of me, she took me to a shelter to put me down. There I met a woman with the biggest heart, the softest eyes, and the gentlest touch; her name is BMDLuver and she's my guardian angel . After I started to heal, she took me to her home and cared for me where she discovered that I have some degree of hearing impairment. Because of my old injuries, my right eye is a little smaller than my left so my perception of depth is a little off. I did catch on using the stairs awfully quickly though and I can now run up and down them with no problems.

So now, here I find myself in this foster home with three other dogs, Lucky, Penny, and Ava. They're quite the rough and tumbly bunch with each other but not with me. Ava even cried anxiously with her tail wagging furiously until we were allowed to meet. I can tell that Lucky is the leader, but he's fair and gentle and I love to get his attention by licking his face and ears. Penny is definitely the one I can play with endlessly. She lets me steal all her toys and never gets mad. I think I surprise her though as she's never got to play tug with another dog who can keep up with her .

I'm looking forward to learning from my big foster brother and sisters and to what my new foster mom calls hand signals. She promised me that I'll be able to 'hear' and understand everything I need to by watching her. I'm eager to learn and show my new forever family, whoever they may be, that I'm just like any other loving puppy.

Here are some photos that were taken today. My foster mom says that I'm such a wiggly butt, it's hard to photograph me but promises to post more after we've had more time to get to know each other.

Penny letting me steal her favorite toy...

...and her favorite stick
Old July 15th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Doggie Wench

I swear this hole was already here!

And after a day of fun and plenty of exercise, I'm ready to call it a night. I can't wait to see what new adventures tomorrow brings .
Old July 15th, 2008, 09:17 PM
-

ohhhh she's adorable LP ! She looks like a piglet (that's how they call baby pigs right ? ) do you still think she can't hear ? I'm glad her new bro and sisters are taking good care of her I knew they would
Old July 15th, 2008, 09:21 PM

OMG she's so beautiful and adorable - I want to squish her!!
Old July 15th, 2008, 09:29 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

She is precious, LP! What a doll!

Sounds like your crew thinks so, too! Her fortunes have definitely taken a turn in the right direction!

Has she totally healed from her infection now?

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old July 15th, 2008, 09:33 PM
Young at Heart

She is so cute! What a relief she is finally able to realize that some humans are pretty ok!
Old July 15th, 2008, 09:35 PM
Doggie Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
Has she totally healed from her infection now?
Other than her eye being just a wee bit weepy when she's out in the sun, there's absolutely no sign of infection. Thank dog the injuries she sustained were punctures rather than tears.

Even though she had a terrible experience, it hasn't affected her attitude with other dogs . She absolutely loves their attention.
Old July 15th, 2008, 09:27 PM
Doggie Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
ohhhh she's adorable LP ! She looks like a piglet (that's how they call baby pigs right ? ) do you still think she can't hear ? I'm glad her new bro and sisters are taking good care of her I knew they would
yes, that's what they call baby pigs .

It's only been a day so I still have to test all the different tones she can and can not hear. She doesn't seem to respond to voice at all at this point but her ears do perk up sometimes when she hears a squeaky toy. She didn't budge when I turned on the blender, only lifted her head after ten seconds or so and kind of looked around. If I knock on the counter or floor, she comes flopping towards me immediately . I'm going to have to learn alongside her as to what is the best method to teach/communicate.

She is the cuddliest puppy ever though. It's impossible to sit down without her coming to love you up and settle quietly next to you .
Old July 15th, 2008, 09:31 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckypenny View Post
but her ears do perk up sometimes when she hears a squeaky toy.
omg I will send you one of my coworkers , squeeky annoying voice .... Emma will understand her
Old July 15th, 2008, 09:36 PM
Doggie Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
omg I will send you one of my coworkers , squeeky annoying voice .... Emma will understand her
Is that the one that answers the phone?
Old July 15th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Professional Cat Cuddler

Aww How cute!!

Imagine some people. Waiting 'til their animal companions get even more sick. Irrensponsible.

Luckily she has you to take care of her

"There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face." -Ben Williams
Old July 15th, 2008, 09:21 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

What a sweetie!! Hopefully she won't be without a loving family for long. She looks like she's already been with your gang forever.
Thank you for all you do!!!

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!

Last edited by 14+kitties; July 15th, 2008 at 09:47 PM. Reason: I missed the part about her being a girl :(
Old April 12th, 2021, 10:38 AM

Smile Ever wonder what happened to Emma

Just in case anyone ever wondered what happened to Emma, she turns 13 today. She is still much loved, slower and stiffer than she was but still enjoys her walks through the neighbourhood. Still goes 4 times a day even if they are slower and shorter than they used to be. She spent 8 years as the best therapy dog I ever had, visiting seniors, children and special adult nights a TELUS Spark through a program called PALS, bringing joy and sharing her love, a true ambassador for her breed. She shares the house and her heated dog bed, (which we got for her when getting up on our bed got to be too much for her) with 2 cats. I have a hard time making birthdays special for her because her life is filled with hugs, toys and probably too many treats everyday.
Old April 13th, 2021, 08:23 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

What a wonderful update! Happy birthday, Ms Emma! Much love and many happy surprises on your special day!

And congratulations to both you and your mum for lives well-lived!

(Also, we'd love to see more pics! )

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."