Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants

Old November 16th, 2005, 07:18 PM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

I went to Paros on a day trip. What an amazing childhood you must have had.
Old November 16th, 2005, 08:09 PM
Personal servant to Joey

Originally posted by Puppyluv
Quote:
We (my parents, brother and I) lived on Paros, just outside a small fishing village called Naoussa. We only actually lived there for avout 6months before moving on (we were a tad nomadic those days- I was still pretty young- 10 - so we could move around a lot)
When I was ten I played a lot of tether ball. My what a great game...except when you missed and it hit you in the face. I did actually live on my parents boat and sail up and down the baja in Mexico when I was ten. But its still not Greece.

Spay or neuter your girl or guy
Please dont let us multiply!

Last edited by Joey.E.CockersMommy; November 16th, 2005 at 08:12 PM.
Old November 16th, 2005, 08:17 PM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey.E.CockersMommy
Originally posted by Puppyluv
When I was ten I played a lot of tether ball. My what a great game...except when you missed and it hit you in the face. I did actually live on my parents boat and sail up and down the baja in Mexico when I was ten. But its still not Greece.
sigh... my childhood was so boring compared to that.
Old November 16th, 2005, 08:41 PM
Senior Contributor

I love tether ball (I really really do) that an four square!
Yes, my childhood was quite unique, I think the best part was that we weren't staying in hotels the entire time, we'd stay in each country for at least a month, and it would always be in small ethnic houses. (Or a night or two in a one bedroom hotel room, the size of a bathroom, with 4 cots...ahhh italy... )

Last edited by Puppyluv; November 16th, 2005 at 11:17 PM.
Old November 16th, 2005, 11:16 PM

LOL Where, oh where, has this thread ventured? We have us a bunch of comedians, don't we? I love it! Heh heh.. Mods banging heads... But I think it shows that we're a tight community and we get along so well.

I have never been to Greece.

And Mel, thanks. I'm actually wearing the socks my boyfriend's granny knitted for me before she died a couple of years ago. They're neon orange (it's cold and nobody is looking at my feet.).
Old November 17th, 2005, 09:33 AM

Love the colour orange. My favourite colour is dark autumn red.
What's your favourite colour?

Ebony - miniature schnauzer
Old November 17th, 2005, 09:44 AM
owned by Tucker

I remember playing teatherball when I was in school, but that was here in TO. But I was born in England and went there often to see my grandparents. I love sightseeing in London anyone else?
I love when things go off track don't you, this is how we get to know each other better, and it makes you read the thread to find out how we get from one place to another. LOL Sorry Mods.
Old November 17th, 2005, 09:46 AM
owned by Tucker

Oh yeah as we were on fav colour, mine I have a few pink, blue, brown.
Old November 17th, 2005, 11:34 AM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

My favorite colour is "pink"

My favorite beverages are, Alcohol = vodka and pink grapefruit
Non alcohol = Coke (classic)

What is everyone elses favorite beverages ?????

What is man without beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected.

~~Chief Seattle (Duwamish tribe)~~
Old November 17th, 2005, 12:08 PM
Senior Contributor

OOOO, you're SOOOO lucky puppyluv!

I would LOVE to go to Greece, or anywhere in Europe, as a matter of fact. I've never been to Europe, although my BF tells me we'll go to Italy when I finish the Barr exams -- I can't wait!!

Deep thought, by Jack Handey : "I think my new thing will be to try to be a real happy guy. I'll just walk around being real happy until some jerk says something stupid to me."
Old November 17th, 2005, 06:37 PM

My latest bev. is a glass of red wine at dinner, especially the days when the kids are driving me up the wall! Of course after I've downed the glass, I am of no use to anybody, and finishing my mommy chores, like bedtime stories and brushing teeth, is with great effort.
Otherwise, if I just get a chance to remember to make a cup of tea for myself, it is a good day with the kids running around!

Ebony - miniature schnauzer
Old November 17th, 2005, 06:49 PM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivers
My latest bev. is a glass of red wine at dinner, especially the days when the kids are driving me up the wall! Of course after I've downed the glass, I am of no use to anybody, and finishing my mommy chores, like bedtime stories and brushing teeth, is with great effort.
Otherwise, if I just get a chance to remember to make a cup of tea for myself, it is a good day with the kids running around!
LOL kids seem so much sweeter, with a glass of wine!!

What is man without beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected.

Old November 17th, 2005, 07:50 PM
owned by Tucker

I gave up the booze two years ago , now its tea and water.
Old November 17th, 2005, 07:56 PM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggy lover
I gave up the booze two years ago , now its tea and water.
sorry doggy lover, I love tea and water too, I really love Nestle's flavoured water ( I hate the Aguafina flavoured water) the lemon and orange are the best!!

Old November 17th, 2005, 08:16 PM
owned by Tucker

Oh I wasn't a lush or anything, I had other health problems 2 years ago and quit smoking and stoped drinking any booze even though I only drank on special occasions now I just don't drink at all. I'm a cheep date, I don't eat out eather.
I wonder how long this thread can go on and keep changing the direction of the post? Oh sorry Mod's I thought I heard some more banging. LOL
Old November 17th, 2005, 08:27 PM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

My favorite beverage in the summer is a Smirnoff Ice.. wintertime it's Cinzano on the rocks..

Favorite color is purple.

If you had a chef come to your house for one evening to cook dinner... what meal would you have the chef make? Mine would be Caesar Salad, Rack of Lamb with grilled vegetables, Fresh mint sauce, garlic mashed potatoes, served with a bottle of Chateau Neuf de Pape, followed by either Cherries Jubilee or Trifle for dessert with a cafe latte then an Amaretto. Of course, the chef also does all the cleanup!
Old November 17th, 2005, 09:30 PM

My color is blue.

I don't drink either. I haven't had a sip since August 1996. I have a pretty wide selection of teas and white and brown hot chocolate too.

My chef... Hmmm.. What would he make? Something light and tasty with a crazy, crazy dessert-ooo like REAL tiramisu. (drool) Anybody ever have REAL tiramisu?
Old November 17th, 2005, 09:43 PM
Personal servant to Joey

I drink but not regularly. We never have booze in the house unless we are having company, or are going somewhere. We do have a bottle of champagne in the fridge, which will probably be there until at least new years.
BMDluver said
Quote:
If you had a chef come to your house for one evening to cook dinner... what meal would you have the chef make? Mine would be Caesar Salad, Rack of Lamb with grilled vegetables, Fresh mint sauce, garlic mashed potatoes, served with a bottle of Chateau Neuf de Pape, followed by either Cherries Jubilee or Trifle for dessert with a cafe latte then an Amaretto. Of course, the chef also does all the cleanup
now that sounds like my kind of dinner

I think I might skip dessert and have an Irish coffee, or a drink with baileys in it.
Prin said
Quote:
My chef... Hmmm.. What would he make? Something light and tasty with a crazy, crazy dessert-ooo like REAL tiramisu. (drool) Anybody ever have REAL tiramisu?
I think passed up tiramisu for cheese cake what is it exactly.

my chef would have to make crab cakes for sure and more than just two.

Old November 17th, 2005, 09:48 PM

Tiramisu is coffee soaked special sweet bread with a special italian cheese (not cream cheese) on top. It's like a rich coffee mousse.
Old November 17th, 2005, 09:56 PM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMDLuver
My favorite beverage in the summer is a Smirnoff Ice.. wintertime it's Cinzano on the rocks..

Favorite color is purple.

If you had a chef come to your house for one evening to cook dinner... what meal would you have the chef make? Mine would be Caesar Salad, Rack of Lamb with grilled vegetables, Fresh mint sauce, garlic mashed potatoes, served with a bottle of Chateau Neuf de Pape, followed by either Cherries Jubilee or Trifle for dessert with a cafe latte then an Amaretto. Of course, the chef also does all the cleanup!

mmmmmm now that sounds wonderful!! But for me It would be a toss up between Sushi! the chef wouldn't have to "cook" much the other would be a full Greek dinner!

..........Now what the heck is that darn banging sound I keep hearing????!!!!!! Does anyone else hear it?

Last edited by happycats; November 17th, 2005 at 09:59 PM.
Old November 17th, 2005, 10:07 PM
Personal servant to Joey

Prin said
Quote:
Tiramisu is coffee soaked special sweet bread with a special italian cheese (not cream cheese) on top. It's like a rich coffee mousse.
I may try it one day. We have got a few good Italian restraunts in town. But I am usually to full to eat dessert after eating dinner. Because they serve enough for 6 meals in one serving.

Old November 17th, 2005, 10:09 PM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

hmmm Cinzano, what does that taste like, I have often wondered what would be good in the winter (besides hot toddies )

Old November 17th, 2005, 10:12 PM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycats
mmmmmm now that sounds wonderful!! But for me It would be a toss up between Sushi! the chef wouldn't have to "cook" much the other would be a full Greek dinner!

..........Now what the heck is that darn banging sound I keep hearing????!!!!!! Does anyone else hear it?
mmmm... a huge Greek spread.. with a bottle of good Greek wine..

oh, or a Tapas night... yummy tons of different dishes on tiny plates..

I love Sushi.
Old November 17th, 2005, 10:34 PM

I want my personal chef to make something with feta and fresh spinach. My ex-husband used to make this great dish with pork chops stuffed with feta cheese. He was a sous chef in an Italian restaurant... He made an excellent tiramisu - it was almost worth keeping him around for that. But he drank too much.

Which is why I don't drink. Well, that and the fact that it makes me bloat. I bloat easily so I wear a lot of black - it's really thinning.. And that's why it's my favorite color.

I have to apologize for my fair share of threadjacking. I'm the reigning queen of wild tangents in at least four counties... So when you say to just imagine what would be appropriate in conversation... weeeeelll... that doesn't narrow things down for me much. *cringe*

http://www.vasavana.blogspot.com
Old November 17th, 2005, 10:34 PM
Personal servant to Joey

I think I would have a big Mexican meal,and some Sangria seeing as I am going there in eight days.

Right now I am fake n baking to get a base tan, so I dont totally burn when I am down there, or blind people with my ultra pail winterized skin.

Does anyone have any vacations planned. This is our first in 8 years.

Old November 17th, 2005, 10:55 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pags

I have to apologize for my fair share of threadjacking. I'm the reigning queen of wild tangents in at least four counties... So when you say to just imagine what would be appropriate in conversation... weeeeelll... that doesn't narrow things down for me much. *cringe*
LOL I know just what your saying, I swear that I start off talking about whatever the rest of the group is talking about but then I start babbling about something that DOES relate, but it all gets lost somewhere, Now if someone were to ask me how it relates I could tell them. I just need that reality check, thats when Ive been known to say, but I was in the "vicinity" of the conversation!
Old November 18th, 2005, 12:04 AM

Quote:
I had one planned in my head for today but it didn't pan out. I was supposed to go to Ottawa to get my winter tires (mom's man has good deals) and I was going to get them put on and then just keep going. I figured if I could just see the mountains and then turn back I might have enough of a boost to last me the next two weeks. But turns out, I don't have enough money to get winter tires, so I couldn't go even to Ottawa.
Old November 18th, 2005, 07:29 AM
Slave to the Wigglebum

Quote:
Originally Posted by twodogsandacat
I should never of posted that picture of Matthew McConaughey. I'm sorry.

Is this thread on it's way to being hijacked?
Speaking of threadjacking again, did you see who People magazine voted as the sexiest man alive???? Yep, our honey listed above! Whoo Hoo!
Old November 18th, 2005, 08:23 AM
Personal servant to Joey

Prin=
Quote:
had one planned in my head for today but it didn't pan out. I was supposed to go to Ottawa to get my winter tires (mom's man has good deals) and I was going to get them put on and then just keep going. I figured if I could just see the mountains and then turn back I might have enough of a boost to last me the next two weeks. But turns out, I don't have enough money to get winter tires, so I couldn't go even to Ottawa.
But you are such an experienced winter driver you wouldnt need them. If you kept heading south to Florida then you wont need them. Just let all our southern members know you will be stopping in for a visit.

This is the first year I have had snow tires. But I insisted as I have to drive the highway everyday and it gets pretty brutal. Just here in the city you slip and slide but its managable.

remember people we already have a snow tire thread.

Old November 18th, 2005, 08:59 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:

Ooo Ooo I do! I do! I leave for Bermuda tomorrow for a week It's my mom's 50th birthday (shhhh I didn't tell you all that ) and my mom and dad left today, and my dad bought my brother and I tickets to meet them there tomorrow and suprise my mom, who thinks that we're stuck in canada