Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old October 31st, 2011, 02:15 PM

Found Cat Dundas & Kipling Area, Toronto Area, ON

Hello Everyone

I found this cat wondering around Dundas & Kipling area close to Kipling Station. He seems a bit scared, and I wasn't able to approach him to take a pic, but it looks like the one on the attachment.
If anyone recognizes please contact, or any tips that might help to make him warm up to me would be great too.

Thanks!!
Attached Images

Old October 31st, 2011, 03:04 PM
Senior Contributor

Thank you taking in this cat.
'He' is actually a 'She'. Put up posters in high human traffic areas.
Also, notify a human society or Animal control that has the contract for stray animals.
Please try to hang onto her for as long as possible. Cat euthanasia is very high in shelters at this time if this cat is surrendered and not reclaimed.
Best of luck to you and thanks for caring.
Old October 31st, 2011, 05:02 PM

Thanks for your response BenMax. I did call Animal Services and was very surprised by their answer, which was "We don't pick up stray cats. Stop feeding him and let him be". Is this a normal answer? Should I call again and try to speak to someone else?
Old November 1st, 2011, 03:34 PM
Senior Contributor

Hi There sounds like you got someone on their bad day, you are very caring to bring in this little princess, Its come to my attention that calico cats tend to look very similar, I myself am looking for a lost calico in Stouffville but you never know someone may have picked her up and dropped her there I will show my mother in law the picture to be sure but I don't think this is hers I think our baby (her name) is a little chubbier in the face

other options for you is to call local vets I myself have informed the vets in stouffville to call mom if any found calico is brought in

Thanks your an angel and I will keep in touch if it turns out that it is baby
Old November 1st, 2011, 03:46 PM
Senior Contributor

ok I just re read your post..... so this is not the actual cat you found???? altho all calicos have the same colouring they still all look different ie my post of my own calico... CALI......can you pleeeease try to get a pic of her to post so I can show it to my mom in law??
Attached Images