Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old August 10th, 2011, 10:14 AM

Lost Grey Cat Oakville (Third/Speers)

Our cat Kona has been missing since July 25th, from the Third Line and Bridge Rd area in Oakville. We back right onto 14 Mile Creek, south of Speers Rd.

He has not shown up at Oakville Humane and there has been no response to the hundreds of posters we've put up, so we are expanding the search.

He is a solid steel grey neutered male, approx. 12 lbs, medium hair with no markings. Kona is about 2 years old. He was wearing a black rolled leather collar and a pewter tag with a crown on one side and Kona 905.582.1523 on the other. He is unfortunately not chipped (kept meaning to get around to it...) Not declawed. He is generally very, very friendly, will roll around on his back to be pet. He is also great with dogs, purrs and rubs against them.

I've been involved in rescue for almost 20 yrs and I've never lost one of my own. Kona is our failed foster (first ever!!) from Hamilton Animal Control, where he survived 3 months with twice weekly vet days... He's a very special guy.

Any and all information would be hugely appreciated, we miss him desperately. Please don't hesitate to call at any time, day or night.

Thanks so much,
Jen and family
(foster parent and volunteer for rescue)

http://www.helpinglostpets.com/detail/2702.html

Last edited by growler~GateKeeper; August 10th, 2011 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Fixed image tags
Old August 10th, 2011, 09:59 PM

If you can put his litterbox and/or a worn but unwashed t shirt or pair of smelly shoes of yours out on the deck this may help lead him home

Go around the neighbourhood at dusk/dawn calling him, rattling a treat container or tap a spoon on his dish or tin of food. Bring a flashlight to pick up the shine off his eyes from under cars/decks/bushes or up trees.

If you can poster the neighbourhood, plus leave one w/ local businesses, grocery stores, vets & all animal shelters in the area that will help garner attention that this boy has a home who wants him back

and

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old August 11th, 2011, 03:50 PM
Senior Contributor

Jen,I live on third line and I will certainly keep an eye out for him,he is a beautiful boy.
In the past,for some reason,loost kitties end up at my house.
I found the owner of one cat I'd been feeding,because they had posted a message with a picture at Metro Hopedale Mall.
I've written down your phone numbers,just in case..
Please let us know if you have already found him.

I also meant to say,our HS has 300 cats and it is always better to go there and check for a missing cat yourself.

Tags
cat, found, gray, grey, oakville