Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old September 4th, 2012, 03:38 AM
Willing cat servant

The Great Bobandy Update

First of all you might be wondering... Who's this Bobandy she speaks of?
Well Bobandy is the black cat I found recently on 08/24/12
And this is an update.
Still no signs of any owner but let's talk about Bobandy himself.
Well... As I commented in another thread this little guy perspires sweetness. He likes to jump on your lap and cuddle, likes to lean his head in that part between your arm and shoulder if you're watching TV on a couch.

We bought a toy mouse for Bobandy... I've never seen a cat enjoying a toy so much (and Scully and Mulder enjoy theirs) he plays with it every day.
Now he has a red collar to make contrast with his soft and glossy black fur and a tag with the name Bobandy and our phone number in case of emergency.
He uses the litter, no problem whatsoever with him going outside or spraying in places where he's not supposed to.
He likes to steal food though, from the kitchen's cabinets (yup he can open the doors) and he also digs in the garbage. If I don't take out a bag right away he'll try to claw and dig into it which some times makes me think he was a stray (not a rule though)

The most interesting part is his relationship with Scully and Mulder. Right now the 2 girls are in a stand of: OK We'll tolerate you as long as you don't try to get too mellow or playful with us.
Mulder follows him around with curiosity. Scully hisses only if he gets too close however all of them have nose greeted a few times without any incident.
If my girls are cranky he lowers his head and puts it in the floor acknowledging their rank and lying on his side. Like "Hey! You're the boss Missy, no need to worry about me". Bobandy is sweet, non aggressive with them at all. They all lay down in the same room in their own spot, relaxing and it's very peaceful even to watch.

So far he has his own litter box, his own plate for food and water. I didn't test him for FeLV but it's not like their grooming each other and he has no signs of being a fighting cat AT ALL and he's a young cat. I know you can never be sure but... I just pray that I'm making the right decision here.
We plan on neutering him and getting his shots just one thing at a time because we kind of have to have things planned because of the tight budget.

I am in love and I know the plan was to either find his owners in which case if I find them there is no way around it I have to return him or find a good home but it'd break my heart not knowing if the home is REALLY good, responsible, caring. I want him to be a little furry king, beloved and happy other way I might as well keep him. We said 2 cats and 2 cats only. And of course open to help in any way we can but now...

What should I do :S I really wub my Bobandy and my wub for my fur babies never never fades.

I even made a video (but that was before getting his collar and tag :P ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPX6JaeAlm8

Last edited by Koteburo; September 4th, 2012 at 07:09 AM.
Old September 4th, 2012, 07:21 AM
Administrator - Pet lover

what a cute video and great pet lover u are.

You should keep Bobandy if the owners don't show (like I had to write that, lol)
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter
Old September 4th, 2012, 07:41 AM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Koteboro you know the old saying that things happen for a reason...Well.......it happened!

He certainly is a nice looking boy. He is identical to my mom's baby boy Brady! I wonder if he has aubern coloring like Brady when he lays in the sun!

It seems like everything is falling into place for all of your kitty's! if you want to try this the next time you have Skully and Mulder out with Bo. Take a little bit of baby powder and rub it through your hands and then give each of them a little rub down and see if that helps with any hissing. Is usually just means that they smell different.

I think Bo adds some color to your family!!!
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old September 4th, 2012, 08:35 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

It certainly does have all the characteristics of a match made in heaven!

'course, I have 8 dogs, so I may be a little skewed in my thinking!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old September 5th, 2012, 07:31 AM
Willing cat servant

I tried out the baby powder and it did help. The hissing started from both girls to him because they went all after a poor moth chasing it so I got the powder and did as instructed. Great tip It helps
Today they chased each other playfully for a mini moment so that's progress.
Let me tell you that Bo is extremely demanding of attention he will sit very close to me (or lie down) pressing against me reaching out with his paw until I look at him and he stares with a sleepy, loving look.
The problem is that if Scully (The Duvet Queen ) Tries to get close to me as she often does when is bed time Bo will MEOW at her in protest. Like: MINE! Go away. And I'm like Scully!!!
So what I do is that I still put Bo (love the nickname I also call him Boba) in his room so me and the "girls" can have time together without Bo hogging me all for himself.

BTW I must say Bo is cuter in person haha and I think I have seen that auburn shade with the Sun although he's very black. And he has like five white hairs on his chest.
Old September 5th, 2012, 11:34 PM
Willing cat servant

Today Bo and Mulder super playing chasing each other. They never wrestled or anything but they clearly were playing super cheerfully
AAAaaaand!
Look at them:

P.S. Guess what? Today was the intake day in MEOW and we didn't call

Last edited by Koteburo; September 5th, 2012 at 11:45 PM.
Old September 6th, 2012, 12:12 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

heheh I had a feeling!!

Congratulations on the newbie!! So glad they're all hitting it off so well!!!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old September 6th, 2012, 10:39 PM
Willing cat servant

Unexpected event! Need advice

Today the most unexpected thing happened:
A lady got in touch with me regarding Bo. She had a black cat that got lost about 4 weeks ago in Red Deer. She knows is not Bobandy because I'm in Calgary but she tells me she keeps checking on Petlynx daily in the hopes that someone was kind enough to rescue her cat although she fears the worst.
She lives in an acreage and she tells me once she had people over her home and Lucky ran off and that's why she's afraid he was taken by a coyote.
So she saw Bo and she sort of fell in love because of the resemblance with Lucky her cat who she told me she rescued as a new born kitten (about 1 day old) and her and her daughter nursed and cared for him and he made it through that's why she called him Lucky. (by the time he escaped he was 18 months old)
She called me, e-mailed me, watched Bo on youtube and she seems very interested. She has 2 more cats, she tells me they're spayed and neutered, that they're responsible pet owners and she could provide a wonderful and loving home for him (same words she used) she wants a cuddly cat like Bo.
Seems to me also to find comfort because they've been devastated after the loss of Lucky.
She's willing to drive to Calgary to pick up Bobandy (the phone had the right area code too )

This really struck me. I never considered this happening so it kind of brings tears to my eyes the thought of being separated from Bo however I must consider that if it is actually a good place Bo might be even happier in a bigger house than my small apartment (although he has all the love in the world here)
I told her I'm giving the owners (if there are any) the chance to show up which is true.
Now if I decide to go through this I need to make sure it all is the way it appears to be.
It's not personal, she seems like a nice person but I need some reassurance because we're talking about a life here, my Bo's future so I have to make sure he actually goes to a wonderful place.
What can I do to get to know this person better ? I mean in pet matters.

I haven't decided yet of course. I love this little guy big time. I just want the best for him.
Old September 6th, 2012, 11:01 PM
Kitty pimp

bo sounds like he would be happy any where congrats some a__ hat probably threw him out
Old September 7th, 2012, 10:45 AM
The Pack's Head Servant

I'd at least do a home visit if you can afford the time and the drive and ask for a vet reference. The vet might have an opinion on how responsible an owner she is...don't know if he'd give you a personal opinion, but if she gives him permission he can at least tell you if her cats are up to date on their vaccines, etc...

Old September 21st, 2012, 09:55 PM
Willing cat servant

Well...
Bobandy is STILL with me hehe and crazier than ever.
Everything is well except for some issues my poor Bo has. He was used to the outdoors and now he's going a bit bonkers sometimes because he wants out so badly. It's tough for him.
He has given the first signs of bonding. Bonding a bit with someone as crazy as he is or worse : Mulder, also known as Loco, bonkers, Bebe Bonkers, etc
Here's the pics of the Great Bobandy!
Being cute

Being sexy in this one

With his sometimes I love you sometimes I don't friend Mulder

And after I took this pic he started using my Muldy as a pillow, literally.

Old September 22nd, 2012, 09:42 AM
The Pack's Head Servant

That's sweet that he has a special friend! Do they chase and wrassle and carry on like lunatics?

Old September 22nd, 2012, 11:01 AM
Senior Contributor

If you can afford to keep him and your other cats like him I would keep him. Have called the shelters to see if anyone reported a missing black cat? If the owner had not called by now I would say they are not good pet owner. I recused a cat that was left behind when their owners moved ,this happen so much. Maybe that is that case with your black cat. He looked very happy now.
What was the name of that music?