Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Closed Thread

Old October 19th, 2007, 11:35 PM

Doggy is pregnant part two

Since you people closed my other thread, being rude, whiny, and even obnoxious here is the story before you sit here and judge me;

First off: SPAYED WAS NOT AN OPTION FOR ME AND MY DOG YET.

I WAS TOLD SHE CANNOT BE SPAYED UNTIL SHE HAS BEEN IN HEAT TWO TIMES! WHICH SHE HAD NOT BEEN. THIS WAS HER SECOND TIME AND I WAS PLANNING ON TAKING HER TO THE VET RIGHT AWAY AFTER SHE WAS DONE BEING IN HEAT.

Secondly: "You should have been watching your dog--your small helpless dog" Ok, NO need to whine or cry, I'm almost 100% sure that all of you keep an eye on your dog 24/7, and watch them after they take every ***** and P*ss. Or do you? And saying that it's my fault that an UNLEASHED DOG came into my property invading my LEASHED dog's space, not my fault at all.

My Ranting is done now since I've gotta go.

Cya
Old October 19th, 2007, 11:49 PM
Doggie Wench

I'm assuming your dog is about a year old if she's only had two heat cycles. She's still a pup herself and may have quite a difficult time, possibly dangerous, if she were to birth puppies. I think your vet would be the best person to consult in this matter. Good luck and hoping she'll be fine after this ordeal .
Old October 19th, 2007, 11:53 PM
-

WHO told you she can't be spayed until after she's been through two heats? .....that is absurd.

She can be spayed NOW and have the puppies aborted which is the best option IMO.
Old October 20th, 2007, 12:05 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
I WAS TOLD SHE CANNOT BE SPAYED UNTIL SHE HAS BEEN IN HEAT TWO TIMES!
This is a myth.

Since you must know that it takes all of five seconds to do the deed, yes, a bitch in heat should be supervised outdoors AT ALL TIMES. She can attract males from up to a mile away. Your poor dog didn't have a chance.

If you are planning to go through with this (I agree with the others that it is probably not a good idea), start saving your money. Even if everything goes well, she will need to be followed closely by a vet, including a scan to see how many puppies she is carrying and if they are too big to be born normally. If she needs a caesarian section, count on a massive bill. Then the babies will have to be vaccinated (twice) and wormed, and of course fed for the time it takes you to find decent homes.

This is fact.

Please worry about the well-being of your dog ahead of concerns such as how much to charge for the puppies or whether she will get her 'cute' shape back.
Old October 20th, 2007, 12:28 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxshuty View Post
Since you people closed my other thread, being rude, whiny, and even obnoxious here is the story before you sit here and judge me;
The only "rude whiney and even obnoxious"-ness I have seen in your two threads has not come from the members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxshuty View Post
First off: SPAYED WAS NOT AN OPTION FOR ME AND MY DOG YET.

I WAS TOLD SHE CANNOT BE SPAYED UNTIL SHE HAS BEEN IN HEAT TWO TIMES! WHICH SHE HAD NOT BEEN. THIS WAS HER SECOND TIME AND I WAS PLANNING ON TAKING HER TO THE VET RIGHT AWAY AFTER SHE WAS DONE BEING IN HEAT.
Your responsibility as a dog owner includes educating YOURSELF through reliable health and medical resources such as a Veterinarian not solely listening to and blindly accepting folk tales.

And yes, I DO watch my dogs 100% of the time when they are outside. They health and welfare is solely MY responsibility and it is one I take very seriously.

Educating yourself and being responsible for your dog is common sense ~ which given the tone of your post is apparently not so common afterall.
Old October 20th, 2007, 06:30 AM

Please do not reopen closed threads.
Closed Thread