Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old November 8th, 2004, 12:43 AM

Dog Greivance Meetings

Does anybody know of any dog greivance meetings in toronto? I think it's time for me to attend some meetings.
Old November 8th, 2004, 08:29 AM
ZiggyZuzuZoeyRaggzy&Keena

Wink

Hi Maddiva

I don't recognize your name so I am not sure if you are mad at a dog and want to grieve it to the city or if you have lost a love one and are grieving. I live in Montreal so am not aware of any meetings in Toronto but this site might offer some solace until you do find a meeting, if indeed your are griefstricken.

http://www.petloss.com/

Hope this helps and all the best.
Old November 8th, 2004, 08:36 AM
Senior Contributor

maddiva......welcome

First of all: I too am not sure what it is that you are asking but if you have recently lost a pet It is very difficult, there is a pet cemetary on this site that you can post a tribute to your lost pet It will make you feel better to put a last personal touch to the memory of your lost pet.

Second of all: We here are not councellors but we will listen and sympathize with your loss as many of us have been in the same situation at one time or another and can relate well

Hope this is of help to you
Have a nice day
Old November 8th, 2004, 02:46 PM

Hi folks. I believe Maddiva is looking for grief councelling, judging by her earlier posts.

Maddiva, here are some groups who might be able to help you get past your grief:
http://www.ovcnet.uoguelph.ca/petloss/
http://www.torontopetnetwork.com/dir...sssupport.html
http://www.mentalhealthresources.ca/petloss/grief.html

I don't know if this was mentioned in one of your threads or not, but someone mentioned planting a tree in honour of your beloved pet. I think that would be an excellent idea. Another idea is to get a garden marker commemorating your pet. Just know that whatever you do and wherever you decide to go for help, most of the people on this board have been through what you're going through and can offer lots of support in your time of need. You should always feel free to come here looking for a shoulder. If you don't feel right about posting, you could always PM any one of the people who respond to your posts - I'm sure they'd all be willing to lend an ear whenever you need it.

Take care, and good luck.
Old November 8th, 2004, 11:54 PM

thanks

Yes....I am looking for meetings to attend. It's been 1 yr and 1/2 since I lost my precious Diva and I'm still not over it. I will check out the sites mentioned in one of the threads. I have 2 new dogs which I love very much but my heart still has this awful pain and emptiness inside. I think attending meetings with people who feel the same way I do will help me heal.