Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants

Old April 9th, 2007, 06:42 PM
-

Need to rant

So one of my ex coworker came to my work place this afternoon with her partner. We know eachother well, they came to visit my place once or twice. They know I do rescue. But still they always go against what I tell them.

First dog; they bought at a pet shop they got a dog who they have been told would be max 60 pounds. I laugh when I saw the dog (was a puppy with HUGE paws) he is now 80-90 pounds, border collie mix. Then they got a male ****zu , they bred him with a female and kept a puppy

So her partner tells me she's mad at them cuz one of them destroyed her eye glasses (you shouldn't leave them on the coffee table I told her) and she goes on to tell me she'll probably get them euthanize cuz she's fed up. Her yard is a mess (and she tells me I should see her yard...me, who has 3-4 dogs on all time) and that she wants to go to Florida next x-mas and it's too expensive to get them into a kennel.

So I tell her, fine, but I can help get the dogs into a rescue. She refuses and tells ME that dogs are meant to be with one family, they can't get used to a second family....I reminded her I was with a rescue and it's totally not true !! So after a few minutes trying to save her dogs's life, I just walked away, my blood was boiling. Someone else who was part of the conversation told me her partner told her why why why did she tell me those things , to me ? I hope she'll changes her mind, how stupid to have 3 dogs put down....
Old April 9th, 2007, 06:44 PM
Senior Contributor

Omg that is so sad:sad:
Old April 9th, 2007, 06:56 PM
-

YIKES...very sad indeed. :sad: Does her partner feel the same way?
Old April 9th, 2007, 07:01 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
YIKES...very sad indeed. :sad: Does her partner feel the same way?
Her partner (my ex coworker) knows me better, so she wasn't saying anything. She did call me after this, but it was off topic. If her partner still wants to do it, I think I could get my friend to just drive the dogs to my place and say she dropped them off at the vet, I only need one signature to release the dogs into a rescue.
Old April 9th, 2007, 07:00 PM
Flyball Mom

Crazy. How could anyone, for those reasons?

www.dogster.com/dogs/563959

If you learn one new thing from each person you meet, you will be a fountain of knowledge and your life complete. --Me
Old April 9th, 2007, 07:03 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
Crazy. How could anyone, for those reasons?
The sad thing is (and I did pointed it to her) she's the one who wanted to breed her dog, she's the one who wanted a third dog. I told her they were HER responsability, they shouldn't have to die just because she cares more about her yard and her floors.
Old April 9th, 2007, 07:12 PM
Live well, laugh often

That is just so darn frustrating Frenchy :sad: . I hope the partner will get her to surrender them to you .
Old April 9th, 2007, 07:20 PM
Flyball Mom

Well, in my world, and probably the worlds of all of us here, pets are a lifetime responsibility, just like children. I don't believe in disposable pets, and I, unfortunately, know a lot of people that do.

I know someone that put their dog down because they wanted to go on vacation and had no one to look after it. Unfortunately, I didn't find out about it until after the fact. I hope this doesn't happen to these dogs.

As far as floors and glasses go, that's one word... training!

www.dogster.com/dogs/563959

If you learn one new thing from each person you meet, you will be a fountain of knowledge and your life complete. --Me