Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog food forum > Cat food forum

Old November 3rd, 2008, 10:11 AM
Owned by Saints

I occasionally buy EVO cat and kitten for Louie and Demon. My only complaint is the consistancy of it.. it's runny compared to Wellness. Louie being a Himi was getting it all over his neck fur. LOL

Other than that, they loved it and didn't have any digestion issues.
Old November 3rd, 2008, 10:29 AM
-

Well last night was the nail in the coffin for Wellness, gave them a can of Chicken and Turkey I think and most of it was still in their dishes this morning

I think I said before that I feed GO kibble, like Orijen it is made in Canada at a small facility and not farmed out to a Pet Food Manufacturer. I think that they are more accountable for their product, I know Rainbow has always received answers from Champion Pet Foods when she has contacted them regarding Orijen Products, I think Petcurean have the same philosphy

GO do make canned foods, I don't know if they make them or farm them out. From what I understand there are few canning facilities in Canada. My Cats love GO, but it can be a bit pricey.

I'm not knocking US Pet Food at all, maybe finding a Company that manufactures their own food rather than farming it out is the way to go
Old November 3rd, 2008, 10:33 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris21711 View Post
Well last night was the nail in the coffin for Wellness, gave them a can of Chicken and Turkey I think and most of it was still in their dishes this morning

I think I said before that I feed GO kibble, like Orijen it is made in Canada at a small facility and not farmed out to a Pet Food Manufacturer. I think that they are more accountable for their product, I know Rainbow has always received answers from Champion Pet Foods when she has contacted them regarding Orijen Products, I think Petcurean have the same philosphy

GO do make canned foods, I don't know if they make them or farm them out. From what I understand there are few canning facilities in Canada. My Cats love GO, but it can be a bit pricey.

I'm not knocking US Pet Food at all, maybe finding a Company that manufactures their own food rather than farming it out is the way to go
My cats like GO also, but for some reason I stopped buying it. They make Jasper's favourite treats.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old November 3rd, 2008, 10:47 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post
My cats like GO also, but for some reason I stopped buying it. They make Jasper's favourite treats.
I think I'm going to buy more of it, sometimes I try to trim the pet food bill but in the long run if I'm throwing it away, I'm not saving at all, to the contrary.
Old November 3rd, 2008, 11:03 AM
Senior Contributor

I hate the fact that many of the food manufactured for pets here have ingredients from elsewhere, hence the pet food recall

I've got kind of a mini revolt on my hands right now, even though I'm doing the gradual change. Vlad and Czari are handling it well, they are eating most of their food. Maks, Kiska and Oksana are being a little more fussy. I'm hopeful though.

This food is not only better for them, but it's also less money, because I buy it at a very small specialty pet shop.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old November 3rd, 2008, 04:21 PM
proud to be a cat slave

So weird - my gang is still scarfing down the Wellness (they always eat as though they haven't eaten in months, and they might not ever eat again ). I haven't noticed any difference in any of them.

If I do, I'm not sure where I'll turn. The local pet store sells GO, but it's even more expensive than the Wellness. I'll have to figure it out, I guess.

Jake - grey DSH (Aug '98) Alley - spazzy grey tabby (Aug '07)
Old November 3rd, 2008, 04:34 PM
Senior Contributor

Maybe it's good your guys aren't finicky.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

Old November 3rd, 2008, 04:46 PM
~Cat Servent~

I'm gonna try the EVO canned again too, first time no one would eat it (not even Buddy and he is far from picky). And I don't have a whole lot of choice with the dry as EVO and CN both only have chicken or fish varieties, both of which I am avoiding for Fagan. I've written to CN a couple of times to ask for a duck or lamb dry food. 4 of my 6 are eating at least some canned now, so thats a huge improvement... although it's sockin' it to my pocketbook!
And I had no idea GO had kibble... hm... prob chicken though.

I have the Global here ordering me some more of that Almo Nature canned, it's not for a steady diet, but Palomine loves it as a snack... ingredients: chicken, water. Thats it. And they have a tuna and cheese that he goes nuts for.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old November 3rd, 2008, 04:50 PM
Senior Contributor

My gang would love tuna and cheese!

You know what they do really love? The Wellness packages. OMG, they scarf that stuff down like there's no tomorrow!

They weren't keen on EVO the first time I tried it either. I've noticed Czari isn't very picky. She'll eat darn near anything I put in front of her. Vlad, so so. Maks is pretty brave in trying stuff, but Oksana and Kiska are way picky.

Old November 3rd, 2008, 05:02 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris21711 View Post

Chris - I saw the GO canned food at Ruffin's today when I was in there. I think it is 1.27 for a small can? That would be comparable to what I am paying now for Wellness for a big can. It costs $2.59 at Ruffins. But I guess two small cans of GO isn't as much food wise as one large can.
I am taking a ride to Stoney Creek on the weekend to check out the Ryan's there to see what they have. I need to find something these guys will eat that doesn't make their BM's smell. I will check out the GO dry though.

I am spending around $100 a week on food. Would be nice to cut down on that a little too.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!