Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old June 24th, 2008, 12:52 PM

Is siamese cat dying???

Hello ... hopefully someone can shed some light

I have an 18 year old siamese that rarely goes outside she loves the warm comfort of her bed, but the past 2 nights she has been staying outside and not wanting to come in. In the past 6 months she has gone down hill. As of the past couple of days she has started itching profusely, has started peeing outside the litter box, and her coat is getting tattered. My question is that is her being outside her knowing that she is going to pass on?

I am going to the vet after work , but want to be a little prepared if I need to put her down tonight

Thank you for any insight.
Old June 24th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Senior Contributor

It is really hard to tell with what you have said. Does she spend a lot of time outside? (I know not many meezers who like to go outside so that confuses me to be honest. They have such short hair so they get cold) She IS 18 but she could be ill and I am sure you'll find out at the vet's. She may have some illness and it may not be fatal. Siamese can live longer than 18. We have had meezers who did. And she does not sound lethargic. Is she is still eating well? The outside defecating could mean any number of things but death is not what comes to mind when I hear that.

Hope for the best!!!! I will send youi some good vibes and hope all will be less than you anticipate!
Old June 24th, 2008, 03:06 PM

Thank you for your post cyberkitten.... to answer your question she never goes outside for more than an hour, and only does when someone is outside...to spend a whole night outside is very odd behaviour for her(I spoke to some people and they said that she maybe looking for her final resting place) she is eating, but not much...thank you for your good vibes
Old June 24th, 2008, 06:29 PM
Sleep..What is that?!?

Not to sound mean, but when my Mooki was in just terrible shape, I couldn't imagine allowing her to go outside by herself in her time of need. She slept in my bed as usual only I was giving her meds and feeding her there even though she wasn't eating much and was weak and so thin...if she was going to pass, I wanted her to be in my arms or on the other hand if she was in a lot of pain, I could take her to the vet again...she has improved now and I cherrish every day we have together. I was the last person my Jaeger saw as well...I just couldn't imagine letting either of them go by themselves... :sad:
Old June 24th, 2008, 06:43 PM
Kitty pimp

did u get ti the vet ?
Old June 24th, 2008, 09:51 PM
Senior Contributor

I was like that with my pets too Mooki - I watched and hugged them - was sooo worried all the time. Tho admittedly, I have come to get a sixth sense even about patients who are not doing well and spend more time with them too. It's a sense you get after being so long (I hate to admit I've been in this for so long, sigh!).
Old June 24th, 2008, 10:32 PM
Senior Contributor

that you can find a solution for what ails her. Staying outside probably has something to do with her feeling crummy, ditto the other symptoms.
Don't leave us hanging!
Old June 24th, 2008, 11:10 PM

I also wanted to pass along some for your grrl & you

please let us know what the vets says

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying